Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Does anyone know if Lunney's interview can be viewed online anywhere?

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

How difficult is it to remove posters & then use hidden cameras or surveillance to see who puts them back up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I was told by someone in the know that the first board meeting that SQ and his son was at that was held after they were bought back in as advisors was to aggressively inform all the directors that there salary's were to high and they would have to take an immediate pay cut.

I believe that a lot of these signs displayed the individual salaries that the directors were on in a critical way to the salary that SQ was drawing previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Discodog wrote: »
    How difficult is it to remove posters & then use hidden cameras or surveillance to see who puts them back up ?

Or more likely they knew who was putting them up. And did nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

SPOTLIGHT : Death Of A Suspect

Following the death of Cyril McGuinness,

Jim Fitzpatrick examines the criminal career of the man nicknamed Dublin Jimmy.

Plus he talks to Taoiseach Leo Varadkar about law and order in the border area.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Advertisement

3 people arrested this morning in Cavan as part of the investigation including a married couple. Interesting to know what piece of the jigsaw they fit into.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Paymaster arrested?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Paymaster arrested?

sunday morning after mass, they love mass.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Very significant development, they're saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭celt262

GolfNut33 wrote: »
    Very significant development, they're saying.

So they say.

The net is closing there will be a few lads sweating.

• Advertisement

Looks like the woman arrested is the one who purchased the mobile phones for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The paymaster has to be planking it now and hoping they dont sing like canaries during questioning. Accessory to kidnapping and torture would get you a fair stretch in the clink. He better have paid them very very well indeed.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The paymaster has to be planking it now and hoping they dont sing like canaries during questioning. Accessory to kidnapping and torture would get you a fair stretch in the clink. He better have paid them very very well indeed.

Some people were saying that a lot of information may have died with McGuinness but I think they may gain a lot more information from some of his associates now he has died bearing in mind that intimidation was one of his lines of expertise.

tipptom wrote: »
    Some people were saying that a lot of information may have died with McGuinness but I think they may gain a lot more information from some of his associates now he has died bearing in mind that intimidation was one of his lines of expertise.

He wouldn't have told them a whole pile anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,485 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

First arrests in 8 years of this is pretty extraordinary really given that things moved very quickly once a threshold was passed. Pretty extreme threshold though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,495 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

First arrests in 8 years of this is pretty extraordinary really given that things moved very quickly once a threshold was passed. Pretty extreme threshold though.

The guards could turn a blind eye to a lot of things but when it was made an international news story, past loyalties and gratitude for gratuities was no longer enough.

celt262 wrote: »
    He wouldn't have told them a whole pile anyway.

Doubt it, but then if he was a MI5 informant as some of the media are saying, he could have turned on them which would have thrown up a motherload of stuff.

If true there would have been a lot of people sweating in high places if he thought there was no deal to be cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Danzy wrote: »
    The guards could turn a blind eye to a lot of things but when it was made an international news story, past loyalties and gratitude for gratuities was no longer enough.

A blind eye or lack of evidence. Lots of crime in border areas remains unsolved despite the dogs in the street knowing who is behind it. Are past loyalties and gratitude for gratuities providing protection for the murderers of Paul Quinn or is it lack of evidence?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 67,485 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    A blind eye or lack of evidence. Lots of crime in border areas remains unsolved despite the dogs in the street knowing who is behind it. Are past loyalties and gratitude for gratuities providing protection for the murderers of Paul Quinn or is it lack of evidence?

What holds true for one case/crime does not necessarily hold true for another.

I find it extremely odd, given the level of stuff that happened here, that things proceeded very quickly once the crime gained such media notoriety. Why couldn't that level have been reached ages ago? Nothing seemed to have changed vis a vis the intelligence they had. The media named this guy 5 years ago at least.

Danzy wrote: »

I would suspect the garda of nothing more than being criminally understaffed and under resourced in that area and the ones there had just given up because they were so demoralised and intimidated.
    I don't know of many areas in Ireland that there was such a bad response from garda to one of their own being attacked and others intimidated.

The likes of Minister Darcy has a cheek to say that Garda failed the directors,he is a minister for expenditure of the day,garda say they are under resourced in the area and this is blamed on financial restraints.

So the likes of this coward(minister for expenditure) to come out and say this now when never bothered before is fairly breath-taking considering they let 45 new Garda on the area with new resources once the sh&t hit the fan and not one journalist or politician would criticize him and his previous inaction.

State is fu*ked when the press, politicians and Garda head office are just the same clique.

There should be an inquiry in to the inaction that went on here and what meetings and proposals was held by the people with responsobility and who really failed the QIH directors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

There should be an inquiry in to the inaction that went on here and what meetings and proposals was held by the people with responsobility and who really failed the QIH directors.

There is never any accountability so a waste of time really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Was McGuinness a married man does anyone know? I don’t see much about his personal circumstances.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

splinter65 wrote: »
    Was McGuinness a married man does anyone know? I don’t see much about his personal circumstances.

why are you after his missus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

What holds true for one case/crime does not necessarily hold true for another.

I find it extremely odd, given the level of stuff that happened here, that things proceeded very quickly once the crime gained such media notoriety. Why couldn't that level have been reached ages ago? Nothing seemed to have changed vis a vis the intelligence they had. The media named this guy 5 years ago at least.

The media have named the suspected murderers of Paul Quinn also.
    You seem to be suggesting that the attacks on Quinn management were ignored because local Gardai were somehow compromised in their relationship with Sean Quinn.
    It has been suggested that lack of progress with certain crimes perpetrated by former republicans is due to political pressure to protect the peace process.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

lol . . another cash cow tribunal that would cost the already fleeced taxpayer hundreds of millions more, drag on for years, and enrich even further the dodgy Irish "legal" profession . .yeah that's what we need . . . :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I'm not with the conspiracy theorists on this. Occam's Razor suggests Garda cutbacks more than anything more sinister. Look at all the cases of elderly farmers being victimised by gangs of hoodlums in recent years.

high_king wrote: »
    lol . . another cash cow tribunal that would cost the already fleeced taxpayer hundreds of millions more, drag on for years, and enrich even further the dodgy Irish "legal" profession . .yeah that's what we need . . . :rolleyes:

Agreed, tribunal or similar 'inquiry' is about the last thing that is needed. Enforcement of the laws that we have is needed, simple as.

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Agreed, tribunal or similar 'inquiry' is about the last thing that is needed. Enforcement of the laws that we have is needed, simple as.

Exactly. Actual real action and accountability for once . . not more bull****ting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭political analyst

Why was more not done about the previous attacks on the premises and directors of Quinn Industrial Holdings before Kevin Lunney was attacked?

• Advertisement

Why was more not done about the previous attacks on the premises and directors of Quinn Industrial Holdings before Kevin Lunney was attacked?

This question keeps coming up. Garda understaffing combined with these gangs intimidating the local guards if you're a non-conspiracy theorist, some grand conspiracy theory involving M15 if you are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement