Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options
1394041424345»

Comments

There's something not quite right about this story. Dublin Jimmy McGuinness's involvement, the McGovern family, Quinn turning up at sites that were formerly part of his business, his alleged 'sympathies' to former terrorist organisations. I'm sure some enterprising journalists are continuing to dig. Lot of omerta stuff goes on up around the border, but there's always someone willing to talk........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Muahahaha wrote: »
    At the time of the kidnapping and torture of Kevin Lunney it was reported that he was tortured for several hours on a farm before been driven elsewhere and dumped for dead at the side of a road. The media also reported that the McGovern family own a farm so the Garda line of enquiry seems to be focusing on the location of where he was tortured.

In the picture of the parents that were published, the father had half his dinner on the front of his jumper. Doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would be able to hide any evidence of a torture site on his farm.

Bernard meanwhile, attacks two men in a cowardly way, in a busy spot, in full view of CCTV. Not that smart either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭celt262

Trial on going at the moment.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Reading what Kevin Lunney described, you really have to wonder about the suitability of some people to be members of a society

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

This case always reminds me of 'The Field'. Quinn the Bull McCabe.
    I hope those responsible at all levels are brought to justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Jibbs

Report on RTE states that the name of the first person to come to his aid after the attack was one Aaron Brady. Surely not thee Aaron Brady, garda murderer?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Brady would be a common enough name up around there. I assume it is just a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭Jizique

Jibbs wrote: »
    Report on RTE states that the name of the first person to come to his aid after the attack was one Aaron Brady. Surely not thee Aaron Brady, garda murderer?

Every second person in Cavan seems to be called Brady - the others are all O’Reilly (the O is optional)

Jizique wrote: »
    Every second person in Cavan seems to be called Brady - the others are all O’Reilly (the O is optional)

And Smiths

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Jibbs wrote: »

Aaron was in custody when this happened.

• Advertisement

LMHC wrote: »
    Aaron was in custody when this happened.

It was some young lad in his teens on a tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

McGovern. McCabe. Donohoe. Clarke. Dolan & Fitzpatrick too

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

celt262 wrote: »
    It was some young lad in his teens on a tractor.

Brown belt brown shoes and boot cut jeans haiii

I'd love to know how the van which was the star piece of evidence ended up burning while in "Garda protected custody" the one van with lunney DNA and 2 of the accused DNA that was being questioned them the garda say its gone. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Odelay

I'd love to know how the van which was the star piece of evidence ended up burning while in "Garda protected custody" the one van with lunney DNA and 2 of the accused DNA that was being questioned them the garda say its gone. Strange.

Vans can go in fire. Especially if not maintained correctly or had aftermarket diy lights added etc. it happens.

Odelay wrote: »
    Vans can go in fire. Especially if not maintained correctly or had aftermarket diy lights added etc. it happens.

It was in a forensic science lab. Case stinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Who was the person he was told to drop the litigation against?

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Who was the person he was told to drop the litigation against?

Quinn

It was in a forensic science lab. Case stinks.

No it was not

bubblypop wrote: »
    No it was not

Well legal arguments last month said the van was under the control FSI ?

• Advertisement

Well legal arguments last month said the van was under the control FSI ?

Under control does not mean in the lab

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

I wonder why one of the men on trial have been able to have their identify kept secret?

Jane98 wrote: »
    I wonder why one of the men on trial have been able to have their identify kept secret?

Because he is before the courts in a separate matter and would be prejudicial

Seen the report on tv about it earlier, crazy stuff, some 67 year old from Cavan a couple of younger guys from Dublin. What was it all about. How where these guys linked. I suppose speculation cant really take place on here at the minute.

Seen the report on tv about it earlier, crazy stuff, some 67 year old from Cavan a couple of younger guys from Dublin. What was it all about. How where these guys linked. I suppose speculation cant really take place on here at the minute.

Allegedly one of the Dublin lads was with a man who's no longer alive famiky member the man who's dead was paid big dollar by another man to get his company back or disrupt the running of it. Thats states case anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Jane98

Allegedly one of the Dublin lads was with a man who's no longer alive famiky member the man who's dead was paid big dollar by another man to get his company back or disrupt the running of it. Thats states case anyway

Why isn't the paymaster on trial?

Jane98 wrote: »
    Why isn't the paymaster on trial?

I'd imagine very little evidence on him.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Locking this as trial is ongoing

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement