Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

UrbanFret wrote: »
    That headline there is a complete fabrication. The rest of the country may believe it happened but in reality it's sensationalism. really?
    On what basis do you know that it is a complete fabrication?
    Or are you just assuming this because he's a great man and surely couldn't orchestrate a campaign of intimidation and torture?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Perhaps because I live here.;)

Great, then you can tell everyone what is actually going on then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Call me Al wrote: »
    Great, then you can tell everyone what is actually going on then...

Law and order has completely broken down, bank robberies and shootouts every night. Well at least that's what the media want you to think.. reality is its just ordinary people getting on with their ordinary lives in an ordinary area. Only the heavy garda presence would alert you to something afoot.

Law and order has completely broken down, bank robberies and shootouts every night. Well at least that's what the media want you to think.. reality is its just ordinary people getting on with their ordinary lives in an ordinary area. Only the heavy garda presence would alert you to something afoot.
    Just ordinary people getting on with their lives but with a five year campaign of intimidation against the heads of one of the areas largest employers culminating in a two hour kidnap and torture session.
    Ok so nothing much really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

So thats a no then...
    You don't know what's going on, and as such you equally can't discredit the headline.

The people involved in this drama aren't ordinary people.
    There's nothing ordinary about them. Hence the heavy garda presence...

• Advertisement

On what basis do you know that it is a complete fabrication?
    Or are you just assuming this because he's a great man and surely couldn't orchestrate a campaign of intimidation and torture?

I deal in evidence so should the media.

Call me Al wrote: »
    So thats a no then...
    You don't know what's going on, and as such you equally can't discredit the headline.

The people involved in this drama aren't ordinary people.
    There's nothing ordinary about them. Hence the heavy garda presence...

The headline is rubbish but I think you already know that.

What evidence have you and why have you not provided it to the gardai or PSNI?
    #WalterMitty

• Registered Users Posts: 19,202 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

So you know what is going on. And the reported stories of locals being afraid to speak out (including the priest interviewed on camera) are wrong.......so are you going to take advantage and be the hero and get yourself on RTE news there naming the perpetrators on the Lunney abduction on camera?

So you know what is going on. And the reported stories of locals being afraid to speak out (including the priest interviewed on camera) are wrong.......so are you going to take advantage and be the hero and get yourself on RTE news there naming the perpetrators on the Lunney abduction on camera?

Leave all that to the media, they know everything.

• Advertisement

You don't want to be the famous man who was the only one brave enough to stand up when all others were being painted as cowering in the shadows?

If you don't trust "d meejia" sure just stick up an oul' video there on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Odelay

Well that really backs up your argument. Nothing like telling a few truths and backing them up with facts....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

There was an article today that said that the day after Lunney interview was broadcast, an email was sent to QIH from one of the younger Quinns basically saying something to the effect of "lets have a meeting and sort this all out".

What that would mean in practice was not stated. Hypothetically it could just have been the Quinns wanting to meet so that they could issue joint statements supporting management of QIH and condemning any attacks on the company. Or maybe they were going to offer to move back into well-paid and controlling positions within the company to try to help them stop the attacks. Just being nice like. Who knows.

Appreciate the reply but I'm none the wiser. What is the beef with Quinn Holdings ? Who has the beef ? Who's abducting and beating directors ? Can someone give me a synopsis ? What did Quinn Holdings do to anyone to warrant such savagery ? Honestly I'm clueless here. Where/when did this all start and for what ?

Heckler wrote: »
    Appreciate the reply but I'm none the wiser. What is the beef with Quinn Holdings ? Who has the beef ? Who's abducting and beating directors ? Can someone give me a synopsis ? What did Quinn Holdings do to anyone to warrant such savagery ? Honestly I'm clueless here. Where/when did this all start and for what ?

There was a man who used to be the wealthiest man in Ireland. He lost his money and control of his companies.

Himself and one of his sons were later taken back on in a consultancy role on salaries of 500k and 100k respectively. It didn't work out and that arrangement stopped.

Man wanted to buy back or regain control of company he used to own. New owners said "no way Jose".

Some people were allegedly a little upset that the new owners and management would not hand it back to their boy. So they had the idea that if all the directors left and the new owners were intimidated, maybe they'd need to return to original owner. Perhaps bring him in to run the show or else sell it back to him for well below its market value

Original owner has stated he is not behind any of the attacks/campaigns

You don't want to be the famous man who was the only one brave enough to stand up when all others were being painted as cowering in the shadows?

If you don't trust "d meejia" sure just stick up an oul' video there on youtube.

Video of what exactly? No ones cowering around here either for your information . Its a much bigger deal around the country than it is here.

Video of what exactly? No ones cowering around here either for your information . Its a much bigger deal around the country than it is here.

A video of yourself identifying the culprits and explaining what is going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

I read the Indo today it said mcguinness p1ssed and sh1t himself when the cops burst his door down, wasn’t such a hard man after all

A video of yourself identifying the culprits and explaining what is going on!

Where on this thread did I claim to know the culprits. I stated the headline in the paper was a fabrication by the media. The person named in that article hasn't frequented a public house here in years.

Where on this thread did I claim to know the culprits. I stated the headline in the paper was a fabrication by the media. The person named in that article hasn't frequented a public house here in years.

The article just states "relative of the paymaster". You say now that you don't know who the paymaster is. Yet you know the story is not true because his relative (unnamed in the article from what we can see from the photo) has not been in the pub there in years. Sounds like waffle dude

The article just states "relative of the paymaster". You say now that you don't know who the paymaster is. Yet you know the story is not true because his relative (unnamed in the article from what we can see from the photo) has not been in the pub there in years. Sounds like waffle dude

Must have been a different article I was reading. I do apologise.:(
    As for waffle? would fit in well with the rest of this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭abff

There was a man who used to be the wealthiest man in Ireland. He lost his money and control of his companies.

Original owner has stated he is not behind any of the attacks/campaigns

There's an expression "cui bono?" that's used when trying to figure out who might be behind a particular action.

It's hard to see who else might benefit from the campaign of intimidation that has been run over the past few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,256 ✭✭✭facehugger99

It's clear from reports in the Sunday papers that the Guards are aware of what's been going on. Obviously they can't name names but for anyone who can read between the lines it's pretty obvious who is strongly suspected.

Hope they actually get the person in question - he seems like quite the scumbag.

It's clear from reports in the Sunday papers that the Guards are aware of what's been going on. Obviously they can't name names but for anyone who can read between the lines it's pretty obvious who is strongly suspected.

Hope they actually get the person in question - he seems like quite the scumbag.

Indeed... a family of scumbags...him and his son have spent time in jail, his brother was former president of a secretive organization, his nephew was and still is on the run across the border and his mini me and daughters can’t seem to be able to just go and provide for themselves...separately but probably related I wonder what quinnbet is really a front for....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I read the Indo today it said mcguinness p1ssed and sh1t himself when the cops burst his door down, wasn’t such a hard man after all

That happens when you drop dead, he was gone before he hit the floor by the sounds of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Indeed... a family of scumbags...him and his son have spent time in jail, his brother was former president of a secretive organization, his nephew was and still is on the run across the border and his mini me and daughters can’t seem to be able to just go and provide for themselves...separately but probably related I wonder what quinnbet is really a front for....

What secretive organisation are you referring to?

elperello wrote: »
    What secretive organisation are you referring to?

The GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭elperello

The GAA

Thanks for the prompt reply.
    Just to clarify, you mean the Gaelic Athletic Association that has over 2,200 clubs in 32 counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

fullstop wrote: »

From the article
    The following day, Wednesday at 5pm, an email pinged into the inbox of Liam McCaffrey, the chief executive of QIH. It was from Sean Quinn's son, Sean Junior - who along with his father had been brought back into the company on a €100,000 consultancy contract before they were both let go in 2016. Sean Junior had attacked the directors as "pariahs" last year.

"Hi Liam,

"I hope you are doing well after what must have been a very difficult time for all of you but particularly Kevin and his family.

"As you likely saw in Jim Fitzpatrick's piece last night, representatives of the family are more than prepared to attend a meeting with you or with representatives of Quinn Industrial Holdings with a view to exploring if there is some way the parties could work together to try and bring calm to the area. This email is to formally make that offer directly to you in good faith.

Regards,

Sean"

Liam McCaffrey and his colleagues considered the email. The death threat they had received two weeks earlier was fresh in their minds. Its list of issues included the directors' failure to reply to Sean Quinn when he had tried to contact them.

So part of the death threat to the directors was Dublin Jimmy demanding that they meet with Sean Quinn after they had refused to previously. Now how would Dublin Jimmy have known that Quinn attempted to set up a meeting and was ignored?

Sunday World also reporting a row in a pub between Dublin Jimmy and one of the paymasters relatives in the lead up to the kidnapping and torture. On top of that English police saying they got a treasure trove of emails, we could be seeing several arrests next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

It will be great to get the paymaster and any other accomplices put behind bars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The GAA

The same GAA that is the heartbeat of the country.
    That gave people a focal point and a place to go and meet.
    That gave them something to be proud of.
    The best organization in the country.

Secret organization me bo**ix.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement