Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

blanch152 wrote: »
    Why is it that whenever a Provo is caught in some criminal activity, there is always someone straight on here, not a SF supporter, to tell us it was the fault of MI5? .

That would be because the Republican movement were totally infiltrated by MI5. They were allowed to carry on criminal activity as long as they gave information on the IRA. It was difficult for the security services to subsequently arrest these individuals for fear of what may be revealed. Easier to leave them be unless they got too big for their boots. Then they die.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Him dying has to be one of the strangest things that could ever happen. When does that happen? When does someone actually die because their door is kicked in.

I have my suspicions about that, for some reason. I'm not saying the Police beat him to death or anything, but something just seems so weirdly unusual about that turn of events.

Only supposition but the use of taser guns can bring on sudden cardiac arrest, if he came charging at the arresting police with aggression perhaps thats how it happened?? Are the police obliged under law to report the use of tasers?

Either way a certain paymaster must be praying that he was competent enough to delete every text message he received. He likely had an encrypted phone so Id imagine the texts on that would be enough to send his entire gang to prison. And hopefully the paymaster too.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Only supposition but the use of taser guns can bring on sudden cardiac arrest, if he came charging at the arresting police with aggression perhaps thats how it happened?? Are the police obliged under law to report the use of tasers?

Either way a certain paymaster must be praying that he was competent enough to delete every text message he received. He likely had an encrypted phone so Id imagine the texts on that would be enough to send his entire gang to prison. And hopefully the paymaster too.

This is some pile of sh1te you're spouting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

blanch152 wrote: »
    Why is it that whenever a Provo is caught in some criminal activity, there is always someone straight on here, not a SF supporter, to tell us it was the fault of MI5?

All I need for a full house is a tricolour on the coffin and Gerry Adams telling us he was a good republican.

Its well known this Dublin Jimmys expertise was in stolen machinery and was contracted for money by the IRA to provide that expertise for their economic campaign in Britain.

It was also well known and flagged up in the papers for ages that this person was behind the attacks on QIH as they were saying it was the same person who was doing all the raids with diggers on the ATMs.

Your best just crawl back to your other forums defending loyalist scum waiting outside GAA clubs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,395 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

tipptom wrote: »
    Its well known this Dublin Jimmys expertise was in stolen machinery and was contracted for money by the IRA to provide that expertise for their economic campaign in Britain.

It was also well known and flagged up in the papers for ages that this person was behind the attacks on QIH as they were saying it was the same person who was doing all the raids with diggers on the ATMs.

Your best just crawl back to your other forums defending loyalist scum waiting outside GAA clubs etc.

The thing I don't get about dissidents being behind this is that even if they did get control this way, what was the plan then?

You can maybe force people to hand you the company but you cannot force people to deal with the new company. To survive, this company would need very very major clients and they wouldn't go near it.
    Doesn't make the slightest bit of sense there are easier ways to make that kind of money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The thing I don't get about dissidents being behind this is that even if they did get control this way, what was the plan then?

You can maybe force people to hand you the company but you cannot force people to deal with the new company. To survive, this company would need very very major clients and they wouldn't go near it.
    Doesn't make the slightest bit of sense there are easier ways to make that kind of money.
    There is a hint of being "untouchable" about how this all transpired. The brutality of the abduction brought a whole lot more attention and action. I don't think they can change their way of thinking, it's all they know and it's "always" worked. It's like trying to train a 60 year old brickie as a computer tech.

is_that_so wrote: »
    There is a hint of being "untouchable" about how this all transpired. The brutality of the abduction brought a whole lot more attention and action. I don't think they can change their way of thinking, it's all they know and it's "always" worked. It's like trying to train a 60 year old brickie as a computer tech.

There is more of a hint of simple good old fashioned greed and grudge bearing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

some new info (for me anyway) in today's sunday world.

close relative (peter daragh quinn?) drunk in a pub and asked dublin jimmy 'waht the fcuk are we paying you for?'

F6IY5nOm.jpg

There's no dissident's involved in this unless you could call someone in the Quinn family a dissident.

Dublin jimmy like his fellow county man Martin Cahill would have worked with loyalists as quick as anyone if there was the right money.

Linking from your article shows the state of mind of SQ and SQ jnr how there was a decent proposal and money and time put into a scheme for them to get back the company in time with a buyout and they couldn't even do that(which a lot of people would say they didn't deserve in the first place).

They were on 600k a year between them for nothing and ego and just sheer anger wouldn't allow themselves to start the first day to play along with the plan never mind over years.

They just were not rational and that can lead to crazy bizarre decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

is_that_so wrote: »

The directors of the hedge fund were flying in to Shannon, they never left the airport when they heard about Lunney, the ultimate paymaster had to take severe action, left the managers buy out the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

the whole thing makes you wonder if the former hard men of the troubles were not the only ones on the payroll , the guards were perhaps paid to let things happen too ?

the smell just to too bad when the lunney kidnapping occurred

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭Heckler

Can someone explain to me what this whole things about ? Honestly I have no idea. Whats the beef ? Death threats, beatings etc. Whats it all about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Heckler wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what this whole things about ? Honestly I have no idea. Whats the beef ? Death threats, beatings etc. Whats it all about ?

There was an article today that said that the day after Lunney interview was broadcast, an email was sent to QIH from one of the younger Quinns basically saying something to the effect of "lets have a meeting and sort this all out".

What that would mean in practice was not stated. Hypothetically it could just have been the Quinns wanting to meet so that they could issue joint statements supporting management of QIH and condemning any attacks on the company. Or maybe they were going to offer to move back into well-paid and controlling positions within the company to try to help them stop the attacks. Just being nice like. Who knows.

Heckler wrote: »

Money, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Money, I'd say.

And power and control too. Big bruised egos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Fakediamond

Do the Quinns really have all that support and loyalty from the locals, that is often portrayed? Where do the workers loyalties lie, I wonder? At the moment presumably, they have stable jobs and income. Would they really want the old management back, who gambled the company away by buying those Anglo Irish Bank shares? It showed poor business judgement then and nothing has changed, I would have thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Most of the locals who work in QIH today just want to keep their jobs and were rightly repelled and repulsed by the lunney attack.

The paymasters supporters are dwindling by the day.

Do the Quinns really have all that support and loyalty from the locals, that is often portrayed?

no.
    not anymore

the workers are also border locals, aside from their jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭oceanman

Do the Quinns really have all that support and loyalty from the locals, that is often portrayed? Where do the workers loyalties lie, I wonder? At the moment presumably, they have stable jobs and income. Would they really want the old management back, who gambled the company away by buying those Anglo Irish Bank shares? It showed poor business judgement then and nothing has changed, I would have thought?
    having spent some time in the area recently I can tell you the quinns have plenty of support from the locals, the may not voice it out loud but the man is looked upon as a legend up that way.

oceanman wrote: »
    having spent some time in the area recently I can tell you the quinns have plenty of support from the locals, the may not voice it out loud but the man is looked upon as a legend up that way.

I think you will find that is incorrect.
    up until recently, there was still a lot of support for the man, its changed now.

but, one thing you should remember, this whole family have grown up in this area, they of course have friends, one would hope that true friends will always be your friends.

Be wary too of the lazy journalism that tries to paint a picture that the community is 'silenced by fear' and all that utter nonsense.
    Just like those 'journalists' the community would suspect who is involved but would not be able to stand in a court and say that or have any evidence to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

some new info (for me anyway) in today's sunday world.

close relative (peter daragh quinn?) drunk in a pub and asked dublin jimmy 'waht the fcuk are we paying you for?'

F6IY5nOm.jpg

That headline there is a complete fabrication. The rest of the country may believe it happened but in reality it's sensationalism. really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

fullstop wrote: »

The wrong person has so far has had the heart attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭celt262

UrbanFret wrote: »
    That headline there is a complete fabrication. The rest of the country may believe it happened but in reality it's sensationalism. really?

Every bit of it could be true for all we know. My reading of it is that it is definitely pointing the finger at the Quinn family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

UrbanFret wrote: »

Considering the absurd twists and turns of this case over the past few years I don't know how you can be so dismissive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Call me Al wrote: »
    Considering the absurd twists and turns of this case over the past few years I don't know how you can be so dismissive.

Perhaps because I live here.;)

Call me Al wrote: »
    I would think someone in the wider Quinn family is involved in this and may well be someone with a warrant out on them but I certainly don't believe a lot of these
    fairytales from the Irish media and sh$t journalists where they just add on what a "source" said.

The Irish media has been muck for at least the last 15 years brought down by Tony o Reilly who led it in a race to the bottom followed by the rest of the pack looking for some of O Reillys access to government power and the crucial resulting advertising boosts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭bmc58

antix80 wrote: »
    Anyone know the motive?

I could hazard a guess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement