Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Amazing live show, is there any other artists which are favorites to be named on the lineup? i'm new to boards but this is a great thread.

LCD please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I seem to remember an indie disco, late night in one of the tents, possibly the Fossetts one?
    It was a good while ago but i've hazy memories of it.

It would be an absolute smash if they did it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

rubick wrote: »
    Non-whatnow? ;)

Agreed though, seems bizarre that there aren't really any late night options for people that aren't into dance music.

Body & Soul main stage, Salty Dog and some smaller stages have given us decent late night stuff over the years. And Sat night main stage is usually until 1/2am.

Maybe it's just me but I've never been at a loss for late-night non-electronic stuff. And often I've just chilled with pals in the B&S after 1am as ten to twelve hours of near-solid music can sometimes be enough. I expect Stillill42 to jump on my feebleness very soon.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    A good old-fashioned indie disco would be a low-cost massive hit. How hard can it be.

There used to be one in the Circus tent after midnight. That was fab. Dancing in the sandpit in the middle or chilling in the seats above. Was roughly where Global Green is now if memory serves me right.

Was never very busy though which kinda spoils our case Stillill.

LCD please

Overdue a return.

Add me to that particular petition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea at least the Salty Dog has decent music going on till late but it would be great to have a few more options then just electronic music late at night or as people said even a few cheesy/cover/tribute bands playing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Mucker46

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Ticketmaster looking duplicate tickets posted back to them and they'll re-issue new ones.

I got that letter too but i didnt get duplicates so amni still to send back the one set i got. How hard is it for a company of their size and experience to get it right. Problems every year.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    There used to be one in the Circus tent after midnight. That was fab. Dancing in the sandpit in the middle or chilling in the seats above. Was roughly where Global Green is now if memory serves me right.

Was never very busy though which kinda spoils our case Stillill.

But we are a bit older now so maybe anindie disco is better for us than a late night rave. Would defo be there if my old body allowed me. More wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

showpony1 wrote: »
    I see Flume, Disclosure, Calvin Harris all playing festivals next year - one of them for the big dance act.
    Probably get regulars like Mura Masa back plays ireland every year.

Disclosure were absolute rubbish on the main stage the year they headlined. I missed flume when he played last :( He was on the Sunday night and I was absolutely wrecked and had nothing left to give. We went and sat in body and soul for about four hours

The thing about ep is no matter what you do, what you miss or what you end up doing, it’s always great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Stillill42 wrote: »
    A good old-fashioned indie disco would be a low-cost massive hit. How hard can it be.

Ive a small (alternative) DJ business and have been looking into this with a few friends.

Got offered a set at the festival in Russborough but was going on holidays unfortunately. The guy I passed it to turned up but never got to play due to poor organisation. Hopefully just teething problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭Stillill42

sweetie wrote: »
    Ive a small (alternative) DJ business and have been looking into this with a few friends.

Got offered a set at the festival in Russborough but was going on holidays unfortunately. The guy I passed it to turned up but never got to play due to poor organisation. Hopefully just teething problems.

Ah cool, Sweetie! You have the considerable weight of the EP Boards thread behind you! May the Gods of decent music smile on your endeavours. Keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭endainoz

Hope to give you a gig in the future! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

endainoz wrote: »
    Hope to give you a gig in the future! 😀

Deadly, will play for pints!

Heading to russborough this year this time with family and tent (they are not music or camping fans so could be interesting). If you are there this year count me in to be there cheering you on.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gauralordon

Hello friends!
    Looking for a little help after a long hiatus from lurking on this thread! So it’s probably already been asked.
    I got a letter from Ticketmaster telling me I’ve been given duplicate tickets, and I need to send them back the tickets I received. I bought two tickets and received only the two I ordered.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,028 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hello friends!
    Looking for a little help after a long hiatus from lurking on this thread! So it’s probably already been asked.
    I got a letter from Ticketmaster telling me I’ve been given duplicate tickets, and I need to send them back the tickets I received. I bought two tickets and received only the two I ordered.

Happened to me.
    Well, I received copies of my tickets.

Its weird. They are asking for the copies back, but then they go on to say they will send out replacements.
    Why would they replace copies?

Anyway, I'm EXTREMELY slow to send them back anything, because what happens should the envelope get "lost" in an post (as has happened before) and you don't know this until you go to check in your ticket and find someone else has used that barcode.

I'm going to destroy the copies myself, not a chance I'm sending them back.

Deadly, will play for pints!

You've got yourself a deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Hello friends!

Are they asking for all copies back or just the duplicates?

Fatfrog wrote: »
    Are they asking for all copies back or just the duplicates?

Its not clear. I didnt get duplicates but got letter. Going to try call them on monday will update if get a response.

Overdue a return.

Add me to that particular petition.

the murmurings from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend on the inside points to not needing a petition...........

• Advertisement

the murmurings from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend on the inside points to not needing a petition...........

Have a free internet hug from a wild and windy west coast.

If LCD turn up then I really won’t object if Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell curate the rest of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

Rfrip wrote: »
    I missed flume when he played last :( He was on the Sunday night and I was absolutely wrecked and had nothing left to give. We went and sat in body and soul for about four hours

The thing about ep is no matter what you do, what you miss or what you end up doing, it’s always great.

Saw the 1975, Flume, Duke Dumont & Outkast that Sunday was a great day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

LCD would be a lovely turn up for the books for the summer touring schedules.

Hadn't seen any hint of it to date - Despacio is popping up in London in May and Hot Chip have a summer tour lined up which will occupy some of Al Doyle's time but would be great to squeeze some LCD shows in there too.

I think they overdid it a little with the comeback tour - loads of shows in Ireland and the UK in a short space of time - but it's been a while since so it would be good to see them again, even if they're not bringing any new music with them.

If LCD turn up then I really won’t object if Louis Walsh and Simon Cowell curate the rest of the weekend.

speculation is that if the new ep/album/etc is finished recording by early summer then theyll be hitting some of the european late summer festivals and ep would be one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭rubick

speculation is that if the new ep/album/etc is finished recording by early summer then theyll be hitting some of the european late summer festivals and ep would be one of them

Every word of this sentence made me level up - I'm now a 11th Level Picnic Wizard. Thanks for this, I will only use my powers as a force for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I just saw Ticketmaster respond to someone on Twitter, who asked if they send back the 2 additional tickets they received, or all tickets they received including the originals.

TM said to send all 4 back.

I got 6 tickets instead of 2. I don't think i'll send anything back to them and just use the 1st set I got tbh.

Just talking to ticketmaster and anyone who got a letter needs to send back tickets even if didnt get duplicates. Will issue tickets with a letter confirming them as valid. Suspect any tickets from the batch will be cancelled so keeping first set may not work.

Christ they really made a balls of them this year. Booking fees being used well I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

That big arty moving statue thing from two years ago would make a fine techno wickerman in which to incinerate the pair of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭rubick

That big arty moving statue thing from two years ago would make a fine techno wickerman in which to incinerate the pair of them.

edwardwoodwardinTheWickerMan.jpeg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement