Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

nc6000 wrote: »
    I got the letter from Ticketmaster and also received three sets of tickets.

feeling quite left out with only one set of tickets and no letter.

oh well....

233 sleeps everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

More than a little off topic but please indulge me. Other Voices is in Ballina again next month and has started with some goodies - Elbow, Denise Chaila and Jesca Hoop. I know there are some fans of the Bury crew on here so worth considering making the trip for that, you'll never see them in a more intimate setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭patch

Bicep playing Dublin in April.
    Hopefully that means that they are on the festival circuit this year. Must be due a new album too...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

patch wrote: »
    Bicep playing Dublin in April.
    Hopefully that means that they are on the festival circuit this year. Must be due a new album too...

Playing primavera in June

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭rubick

Does a Primavera booking mean they are more likely to be at ATN?

FWIW I think HAAi will be booked for Terminus this year. She is definitely doing the festival rounds in late summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

JamieHP wrote: »
    The Libertines just announced a show the weekend of EP, they'd be a good shout for Electric Arena headliner, I think.

I cant find any mention of a show been announced, where was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

rubick wrote: »
    Does a Primavera booking mean they are more likely to be at ATN?

FWIW I think HAAi will be booked for Terminus this year. She is definitely doing the festival rounds in late summer.

don't think Primavera lineup will have any bearing on ATN/EP, they're 2/3months later.

it's the weekend after Forbidden Fruit though, so could be a good few appearing there, and then at PS the following weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Robyn playing festival in Sweden 15th August

Am I going to do this to myself this year.....again

Will I ever learn

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rfrip wrote: »
    Robyn playing festival in Sweden 15th August

Am I going to do this to myself this year.....again

Will I ever learn

Well you could transfer the Swedish festival to Stradbally if you like. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Am enjoying the new Holy Fvck album. I had pretty much forgotten about them.

Would make a decent addition to EP 2020. Touring US/Canada/Europe March through June, playing some UK gigs in May, so probably no chance of coming here late summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Gig recommendation - caught Ryan Bingham (Oscar & Grammy winner for The Weary Kind from the Jeff Bridges movie Crazy Heart) in the Róisín last night. Sublime, recommended for fans of Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark, Steave Earle, etc. Playing the next few nights in Dublin, Cork & Belfast and he'd be very welcome in Stradbally. We need a bit more Americana back in the lineup.

Kelly Ann byrne leaving today fm! Sad to see this, loved listening back on her shows during the week. She introduced me to some amazing music.
    Hope she will see be doing her sets at ep!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Rfrip wrote: »
    Kelly Ann byrne leaving today fm! Sad to see this, loved listening back on her shows during the week. She introduced me to some amazing music.
    Hope she will see be doing her sets at ep!

First came across Kelly Ann at EP 2013, walking back towards the campsite after Disclosure I found her playing bangers at a small (Phantom FM?) stage and had a great time. Been a listener ever since and if she is playing at a festival I'm at I'll always be there!

At that gig actually was when someone first recommended Mother DJs to me too, they said if you like this music you will love Mother closing out Body & Soul the following night... Little did I realise how much of a festival staple both KAB and Mother DJs would become over the next few years!

First came across Kelly Ann at EP 2013, walking back towards the campsite after Disclosure I found her playing bangers at a small (Phantom FM?) stage and had a great time. Been a listener ever since and if she is playing at a festival I'm at I'll always be there!

At that gig actually was when someone first recommended Mother DJs to me too, they said if you like this music you will love Mother closing out Body & Soul the following night... Little did I realise how much of a festival staple both KAB and Mother DJs would become over the next few years!

I could write this Ferris!!

Always enjoyed listening to her on my commute to my own dj gigs. Many a shazam was done and a new or old artist discovered.
    Think she had moved to Glasgow due to rent costs and was commuting to do her shows. Probably became financially unviable.
    I know a few people in radio, the money ain't as good as you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Mother weren't on the B&S last year which was a shame - just the Jerry Fish tent the Saturday night. I ended up going to DJ Sharpson at Granny's gaff most evenings after 2am

• Registered Users Posts: 12,441 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'd like to think Kelly Ann-Byrne will go onto better things in Scotland, BBC Radio 6 would be perfect for her or even Radio 2 or even Radio Clyde in Glasgow. Its ridiculous that the rent situation in Ireland has become as such that we lose some of our finest talents. The Beat Goes On was one of the best shows out there, Saturday night representing her kind of live sets and on Sunday she would rock it up a bit by playing selections from acts announced for Irish festivals.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

End of the Road announcement tomorrow so will be a few off there playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cjdennis29

https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/latest-news/bright-eyes-share-cryptic-poster-hinting-at-potential-festival-sets

Bright Eyes is hinting at an End of the Road appearance, would be nice at EP given how much overlap the two festivals tend to have

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Stillill42

cjdennis29 wrote: »
    https://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news/latest-news/bright-eyes-share-cryptic-poster-hinting-at-potential-festival-sets

Bright Eyes is hinting at an End of the Road appearance, would be nice at EP given how much overlap the two festivals tend to have

Ah now. Here we go. Don't be at that. It's Blue Monday, no time to be getting my hopes up. I know Conor rubs some people up the wrong way but I'd go mental for a bit of Bright Eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

https://endoftheroadfestival.com/line-up/music/

A couple of these will be on the menu

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Ah now. Here we go. Don't be at that. It's Blue Monday, no time to be getting my hopes up. I know Conor rubs some people up the wrong way but I'd go mental for a bit of Bright Eyes.

i'd even take another Better Oblivion gig (and album!) They were sublime in Vicar st and Phoebe can do no wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭rubick

The Comet Is Coming, eh...?

Paging Kepler21, it's happening again.
    Cosby Tent in the Sons of Kemet spot.
    Same saxophonist and everything! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

nice to see a few Irish acts on the bill:

Just Mustard
    Girl Band
    The Claque
    Junior Brother
    Aoife Nessa Frances

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

nice to see a few Irish acts on the bill:

Just Mustard
    Girl Band
    The Claque
    Junior Brother
    Aoife Nessa Frances

Reckon you'll get most/all of that except Girl Band, may be wrong but I think they said ATN exclusive (only irish fest)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

That is, as always, a belter of a line up.

I must travel over some year. As EP got bigger, the line-up moved away from my tastes but EOTR is exactly what I'm looking for in terms of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

That is, as always, a belter of a line up.

I must travel over some year. As EP got bigger, the line-up moved away from my tastes but EOTR is exactly what I'm looking for in terms of music.

Its a great festival. Really compact and a great vibe to it. It'll be my third this year and I've no plans to stop going anytime soon.

The Garden Stage is best stage I've experienced to watch live music. Pyramid Stage at Glastonbury aside.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Kepler21

rubick wrote: »
    The Comet Is Coming, eh...?

Paging Kepler21, it's happening again.
    Cosby Tent in the Sons of Kemet spot.
    Same saxophonist and everything! :D

Oooh, he is the same guy Shabaka Hutchings.
    Apocalyptic space funk - I am so there.
    it does sound a bit more nuanced and less continually frantic than the Sons of Kemet, but definitely not to be missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Kepler21 wrote: »
    Oooh, he is the same guy Shabaka Hutchings.
    Apocalyptic space funk - I am so there.
    it does sound a bit more nuanced and less continually frantic than the Sons of Kemet, but definitely not to be missed.

Last year when I saw Sons of Kemet on the line up, I thought "Nice. Shame it's not The Comet is Coming or Melt Yourself Down". Turns out Sons of Kemet was my set of the weekend. Outstanding!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Stillill42

sweetie wrote: »
    i'd even take another Better Oblivion gig (and album!) They were sublime in Vicar st and Phoebe can do no wrong!

Oh me too. I loved that gig.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement