Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Cancelled] Electric Picnic 2020 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

sweetie wrote: »
    WTF!!??

Pretty strict rules at Coachella, they have curfews on noise in the camp sites from 1.30am onwards. (Although this makes sense as once the sun comes out at 6.30 you're getting up ;) no sleep ins or back for a noon power nap in the desert heat)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

sweetie wrote: »
    WTF!!??

There are a few small drinking areas by the bars. You cannot take alcohol with you to any of the stages. Can't really understand the rationale behind it. It'll be for insurance or health & safety reasons but makes little sense when people can drink at the festival anyway and half of them are popping pills. But hey, with those recent lineups I'm never going to go anyway.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    There are a few small drinking areas by the bars. You cannot take alcohol with you to any of the stages. Can't really understand the rationale behind it. It'll be for insurance or health & safety reasons but makes little sense when people can drink at the festival anyway and half of them are popping pills. But hey, with those recent lineups I'm never going to go anyway.

Maybe its a litter control thing? Sounds annoying but at the same time might be a way to not get too drunk at a festival

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Maybe its a litter control thing? Sounds annoying but at the same time might be a way to not get too drunk at a festival

A way to not get too drunk at a festival? Cop on, Johnny. Next you'll be telling us we can't drink cans at the Salty Dog. If I wanted to be told how to not get too drunk, I could have stayed at home. Life is for the living, Johnny! Carpe diem!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Stillill42 wrote: »
    A way to not get too drunk at a festival? Cop on, Johnny. Next you'll be telling us we can't drink cans at the Salty Dog. If I wanted to be told how to not get too drunk, I could have stayed at home. Life is for the living, Johnny! Carpe diem!

All I know is that I was prevailed upon to drink a half glass of light ale shandy at EP and ended up rolling around in a bed of nettles shouting "I made the BBC".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭endainoz

An interesting document to have a look through if anyone is interested. I was doing some research for my festival management course and found the event management plan for longitude 2019 from a quick Google search. Festival logistics/organizational nerds like myself may find this PDF interesting:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/event_management_plan.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjw-L_o4u_mAhUVHMAKHeQ2DzoQFjAKegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1h7af8tTpaRGv8phjTzKgL

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Kepler21

endainoz wrote: »
    An interesting document to have a look through if anyone is interested. I was doing some research for my festival management course and found the event management plan for longitude 2019 from a quick Google search. Festival logistics/organizational nerds like myself may find this PDF interesting:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/event_management_plan.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjw-L_o4u_mAhUVHMAKHeQ2DzoQFjAKegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1h7af8tTpaRGv8phjTzKgL

Very interesting. a mixture of generic event management, with some details added in specifically for Longitude such as the names of the Residents associations and the fact that they will build bridges over the waterways.

The actual PDF link without the Google search stuff is:
    https://www.dlrcoco.ie/sites/default/files/atoms/files/event_management_plan.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Hayden Thorpe at bord gais march 6. Saw him recently in london. Sedate but enjoyable show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭rubick

Morcheeba seem to be on an extensive European tour this year, including some just announced dates in France towards the end of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

rubick wrote: »
    Morcheeba seem to be on an extensive European tour this year, including some just announced dates in France towards the end of July.

Ohh yes please!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 stephenm1605

Foo fighters headlining several festivals this year, is this a likely headliner for us?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭patch

Foo fighters headlining several festivals this year, is this a likely headliner for us?? :)

Hopefully! They would certainly get the main stage hopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 stephenm1605

patch wrote: »
    Hopefully! They would certainly get the main stage hopping.

For sure. Amazing live show, is there any other artists which are favorites to be named on the lineup? i'm new to boards but this is a great thread.

For sure. Amazing live show, is there any other artists which are favorites to be named on the lineup? i'm new to boards but this is a great thread.

You'll see people posting their hopes and dreams over the next while.
    Personally I'd love to see Chemical Brothers and Bicep show up again.
    Welcome to Boards.ie!

I know at least 8,000 punters that would love to see Amelie Lens back this outing.
    Best techno set in Stradbally for years!

I know at least 8,000 punters that would love to see Amelie Lens back this outing.
    Best techno set in Stradbally for years!
    Hopefully they have a lot more dance and techno acts in that new area this year.
    Felt like an awful waste of space last year after midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

I see Flume, Disclosure, Calvin Harris all playing festivals next year - one of them for the big dance act.
    Probably get regulars like Mura Masa back plays ireland every year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id love to see the Foo's announced but my gut is telling me that they wont play( although i would be happy if i was wrong ha).

I wonder with the bigger capacity will they go for bigger headliners?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Ticketmaster looking duplicate tickets posted back to them and they'll re-issue new ones.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Ticketmaster looking duplicate tickets posted back to them and they'll re-issue new ones.

Yea got that this morning too

• Advertisement

patch wrote: »
    Hopefully they have a lot more dance and techno acts in that new area this year.
    Felt like an awful waste of space last year after midnight.
    There's no way the Rave in the Woods can accommodate the extra punters this year. It's been bad enough trying to navigate it in recent years. Terminus should be open to 4am - I just wonder if the licence accommodates it.

There's no way the Rave in the Woods can accommodate the extra punters this year. It's been bad enough trying to navigate it in recent years. Terminus should be open to 4am - I just wonder if the licence accommodates it.

It might free up other areas for (god forbid) actual non electronic music later in the nights.

endainoz wrote: »
    It might free up other areas for (god forbid) actual non electronic music later in the nights.
    Non-whatnow? ;)

Agreed though, seems bizarre that there aren't really any late night options for people that aren't into dance music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Non-whatnow? ;)

Agreed though, seems bizarre that there aren't really any late night options for people that aren't into dance music.

A laziness that bedevils a lot of festivals - not just EP.

Non-whatnow? ;)

Yeah, always annoyed me, the assumption that it's only dance heads are interested in the late night stuff.

Now granted, i may be headed for the leaba by one. But i want the option! Godammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

yeah would love to see some late night DJ sets that don't require chemical enhancement or maybe some cover bands or themed sets ('90s Indie, one hit wonders or some such).

A good old-fashioned indie disco would be a low-cost massive hit. How hard can it be.

I'll play Shiny Happy People for three hours on my phone mate, €50.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    A good old-fashioned indie disco would be a low-cost massive hit. How hard can it be.

Now there is a novel idea, it could be like a big indie version of the haunt. On a side note, would the haunts future be up in the air because of body and soul pulling out?

• Advertisement

I mean we mightn't be able to organise our own festival but this thread could certainly run that tent, couldn't we? That would be a proper way to wind up your day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement