Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

MrChew wrote: »
    Tbh I'm not stressing about it now that the budget is sorted. Sounds like the ML may be complete soon, so I reckon that will dictate when I get the call. It's all good. What about you - what do you have left to do?
    Very true, relieved about the budget too for everyone. I’ve just got medical to do, so fingers crossed that goes well, only had a couple of things to put on my mhq, but have the support/info from gp there. I’m gonna have to stop thinking about it all now and just go with the flow

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Very true, relieved about the budget too for everyone. I’ve just got medical to do, so fingers crossed that goes well, only had a couple of things to put on my mhq, but have the support/info from gp there. I’m gonna have to stop thinking about it all now and just go with the flow

Yep, thats about all you can do. Good luck with the medical!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭North Coast John

How long before the medical expires? Hopefully we dont have to see the doctor again if it expires before a start date Mr Chew.

Also, do the recruitment team call you over the phone to discuss your start date or is it via email?

How long before the medical expires? Hopefully we dont have to see the doctor again if it expires before a start date Mr Chew.

The medical needs reviewed after six months. It's just a question of stating that nothing has changed but I'm not clear on whether your GP needs to confirm it.

They usually phone you regarding your start date but I'm aware of occasions where they have emailed candidates to let them know they are in reserve for a certain intake.

• Advertisement

The medical needs reviewed after six months. It's just a question of stating that nothing has changed but I'm not clear on whether your GP needs to confirm it.

They usually phone you regarding your start date but I'm aware of occasions where they have emailed candidates to let them know they are in reserve for a certain intake.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure we'll hear more in the next few months. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

If you stay in GV there are no associated costs.

Yes the call for starting is a telephone call from a withheld number. So if you get a call from a withheld number and you're appointable answer it quick! If not could be the Cool FM cash call either way it's a win 🀣

Been out on the ground a while now feel free to drop me a PM

Deloitte haven't passed the ML to the PSNI yet so if you're appointable you'll most likely not be started until PSNI know where you have placed.

The beginning training in merit order could potentially mess things up for the high scorers who did their AC's after FTers got told and progressed.

But remember they only have to take APPOINTABLE people in merit order.

So if you're a non-FTer who did their AC after they were FT'd and find out your ML position is really high don't be too annoyed.

This pandemic has been a buzz kill for everyone

NeeNaw21 wrote: »
    Deloitte haven't passed the ML to the PSNI yet so if you're appointable you'll most likely not be started until PSNI know where you have placed.

The beginning training in merit order could potentially mess things up for the high scorers who did their AC's after FTers got told and progressed.

But remember they only have to take APPOINTABLE people in merit order.

So if you're a non-FTer who did their AC after they were FT'd and find out your ML position is really high don't be too annoyed.

This pandemic has been a buzz kill for everyone

Sorry I'm a bit confused. Does this mean appointable people could start earlier than those who might be higher in the merit list but havent finished some of the PSNI stages? Thanks for the info.

Sorry I'm a bit confused. Does this mean appointable people could start earlier than those who might be higher in the merit list but havent finished some of the PSNI stages? Thanks for the info.

Yes, that's correct. It happened with reasonable frequency in previous campaigns, usually due to vetting taking a long time.

For example, someone in FT1 who ends up being 200 on the ML might get the call before someone in FT3 who ends up being 100 on the ML, because the FT1 individual is appointable and the FT3 candidate is not.

• Advertisement

Yes, that's correct. It happened with reasonable frequency in previous campaigns, usually due to vetting taking a long time.

For example, someone in FT1 who ends up being 200 on the ML might get the call before someone in FT3 who ends up being 100 on the ML, because the FT1 individual is appointable and the FT3 candidate is not.

Thanks Mr Chew, as always you are a much appreciated source of information. :)

Thanks Mr Chew, as always you are a much appreciated source of information. :)

Shut it, you'll make me blush lol.

Happened to me half of the course that started the month before I did were lower ML scores.

How long is a bit of string comes to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Just got the call! Anyone else get one?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

Congrats! Do they give you much notice?

Just got the call! Anyone else get one?

Yeah, me too. Can't believe it.

Paulo345 wrote: »
    Congrats! Do they give you much notice?

Yes they've given a fair bit of notice. Obviously can't disclose too much info on here due to security reasons but they've given plenty of notice for me to leave my current job etc.

Congrats! See you soon then, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ggeiml1

Just got a start date as well. My heart skipped a beat when the unknown number wasn't someone asking if I've had an accident!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Well done folks! Does this mean the ML has been passed to the PSNI?

• Advertisement

Ggeiml1 wrote: »
    Just got a start date as well. My heart skipped a beat when the unknown number wasn't someone asking if I've had an accident!

I answered the phone like a bit of a grumpy sod, thinking i was about to get an automated message. Whoopsie!

JC12250 wrote: »
    Well done folks! Does this mean the ML has been passed to the PSNI?

I don't think so - best I can tell is that they are inviting FT folks who are appointable, likely in the order they became appointable.

I've no signal in my work so if they call and I miss it will they send me an email or something? Standing outside here with 1 bar lmao

I don't think so - best I can tell is that they are inviting FT folks who are appointable, likely in the order they became appointable.

I became appointable in March so maybe its wishful thinking on my part

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ggeiml1

I've no signal in my work so if they call and I miss it will they send me an email or something? Standing outside here with 1 bar lmao

I dare say they'd keep trying you as I kept missing their calls when they were ringing to ask if I had received my online learning stuff earlier on in the managed stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Congratulations folks! All the hard work and worrying paid off!

Ggeiml1 wrote: »
    I dare say they'd keep trying you as I kept missing their calls when they were ringing to ask if I had received my online learning stuff earlier on in the managed stages.

Thanks. Congratulations guys I'm sure you're chuffed. Hoping to get that phone call myself because I was in FT1. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Brilliant news mate, really delighted for you and to all who got the call. Well deserved :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

Congrats guys on the call up! I’m just waiting for my medical date! I’m FT2 But this has given me hope of a start this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Congratulations to everyone who got the call. It looks like things are speeding up for everyone.

Advertisement