Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

I've a funny feeling the merit list might be passed to psni.. here's hoping lol

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PSNI2020

Are they likely to make all calls for that first squad today?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RoboCop123

Congrats to you all well deserved! Really happy things are moving so fast now. I'm just waiting to my medical and hope not to be toooo far behind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FairCop

Well done everyone... Delighted for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mrdall92

Hello guys, I've been watching this forum for a good while, just created my account because I got the call! I made sure to ask a few questions, and I have some pretty bad news for the later FT lot and non-FT lot. I got told that they have people from the FT list provisionally assigned all the way up until the end of 2022. So what that means if you're non FT you will be waiting until start of 2023 at the earliest, and even if you're in the FT groups, most likely the later ones or lower down on the merit list you could still be waiting until the end of 2022. I know it's not what people want to hear but you guys deserve to know so you can plan accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Well done to all appointable candidates who got the good news today! Delighted for yous and obviously that things are hopefully starting to move forward for us, the non-FT-ers. Let's hope we get our ML positioning soon. Well done again. Just enjoy the news. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 12 5031

Congrats to all, well done! Good to hear things are moving!

mrdall92, that is not great news for the rest of us- especially non FT.
    I hope once the merit list is published they will give us some indication of a waiting time as we need to plan our lives too! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RoboCop123

mrdall92 wrote: »
    Hello guys, I've been watching this forum for a good while, just created my account because I got the call! I made sure to ask a few questions, and I have some pretty bad news for the later FT lot and non-FT lot. I got told that they have people from the FT list provisionally assigned all the way up until the end of 2022. So what that means if you're non FT you will be waiting until start of 2023 at the earliest, and even if you're in the FT groups, most likely the later ones or lower down on the merit list you could still be waiting until the end of 2022. I know it's not what people want to hear but you guys deserve to know so you can plan accordingly.

Congrats on getting the call, just to clarify something. Are they saying that FT groups will be held until the end of 2022? Just a bit confused because 234 people were FT'd and some don't pass all PSNI managed stages. I just couldn't see them taking 18 months for another 150 odd people getting into GV especially because PSNI received their funding to continue with original recruitment plans. I was hoping all FT groups would be in at Sep at the latest :/

If anyone wants to jump in here feel free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

I would be more optimistic than that, mrdall92 because there are about at least a third of all people who passed A/C who will not pass the psni managed stages. And i am sure there will be unfortunately people amongst the FT groups who for some reasons will also be hindered and hence someone behind them on the ML can get appointable and get into GV quicker than them. I think, it all depends on the personal circumstances on the individuals and yes, obviously the FT-ers were managed first and quicker than the rest of us and hence became appointable, but down the line, there will be swaps of places due to difference of personal circustances. Keep up the positive spirits guys x

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Agliveo

Got my start date today too. Couldn't believe it! Had to ask the girl on the phone had I passed my vetting as I never received the email, turns out my vetting passed in October and I was never notified! After months of worry I'm ready to go. Congratulations to everyone who received a phone call, see you all very soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

I've no signal in my work so if they call and I miss it will they send me an email or something? Standing outside here with 1 bar lmao

I had no signal in the part of my work I was in at the time and the recruitment team emailed me to say they had tried to call but couldn't get through. They gave me a direct number to call them back.

So for how long have you guys that got the call been appointble?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

This is inaccurate information!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ggeiml1

FairCop wrote: »
    So for how long have you guys that got the call been appointble?

Got my medical and substance misuse test passes at the end of Feb and vetting cleared last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭North Coast John

I became appointable in March. It seems that the folks who were appointable December-February are the initial intake then? If I get the call I will post here.

Gda88 wrote: »
    This is inaccurate information!

What makes you think its inaccurate? Just curious thanks. :)

I became appointable in March. It seems that the folks who were appointable December-February are the initial intake then? If I get the call I will post here.

Same boat North Coast John. Gives some hope I guess..

Aye, let me know if you get any word and I'll do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RustInPeace90

If anyone else gets a phone call tomorrow, ask how many more they’re going to make this week so I can unclench !!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 johnboy76

Well done to everyone that got the call today, I'll be seeing you folk at induction

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Congratulations to everyone who got the call today.

The training is hard, the job is hard, but your community needs you, and it needs you now more than ever.

Advice? Don't lose sight of why you applied. Do everything you can to avoid becoming bitter and cynical. Constantly strive for humility even though you have mighty power.

I look forward to seeing you on the other side.

Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Andimaul

Im from FT group 2, had to reschedule my PCA due to the due date of my son being very close to the PCA date. The original PCA was supposed to be early this month, I'm still waiting on a reschedule. Feeling motivated, however I'm dying to get the PCA over with. I am a regular weight lifter but my cardio isn't the strongest, how difficult is it?

My vetting has also been away for many months now, I've actually lost count. Would you recommend phoning recruitment to see what the story is?

Congrats to all who are now appointable! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious 😂.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Andimaul wrote: »
    Im from FT group 2, had to reschedule my PCA due to the due date of my son being very close to the PCA date. The original PCA was supposed to be early this month, I'm still waiting on a reschedule. Feeling motivated, however I'm dying to get the PCA over with. I am a regular weight lifter but my cardio isn't the strongest, how difficult is it?

My vetting has also been away for many months now, I've actually lost count. Would you recommend phoning recruitment to see what the story is?

Congrats to all who are now appointable! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious 😂.

Thanks in advance!
    I’m in the same FT group as you, passed mine just over 2 weeks ago and waiting on medical now. You’ll definitely be relieved to get it over with. I’d say cardio is definitely more important than strength, but IMO if you can run a sub-30 min 5k then you’ll have no bother passing the PCA. (Try not to knock anything over) Give it your all on the day and you’ll be fine! Email recruitment for peace of mind regarding your vetting, they usually callback. Good luck

I didn't find pca that bad, I gave it 100% and passed with a min to spare and that was with little training, they have since added another 36 seconds to the time limit.
    Don't bother emailing recruitment about vetting they won't be able to tell you anything about it, they will just tell you that it is currently ongoing. It sucks but you just have to wait on that email to say that it has passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

johnboy76 wrote: »
    I didn't find pca that bad, I gave it 100% and passed with a min to spare and that was with little training, they have since added another 36 seconds to the time limit.
    Don't bother emailing recruitment about vetting they won't be able to tell you anything about it, they will just tell you that it is currently ongoing. It sucks but you just have to wait on that email to say that it has passed.
    If you read a few posts up you’ll see someone got the call today, but never received the “email” to say they had passed vetting and was worried the whole time about it! It does no harm emailing even if it is a generic response, or not

If you read a few posts up you’ll see someone got the call today, but never received the “email” to say they had passed vetting and was worried the whole time about it! It does no harm emailing even if it is a generic response, or not

Yeah no harm in emailing them but chances are that they won't know anything about it as it is done by a different department.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

Talk about an absolute sickener for the rest of us non-FT folk lol

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

You sure you got the years right there bud?

I doubt they have enough fast trackers for a year's worth of courses...

• Registered Users Posts: 12 5031

In normal times it was approximately 35 recruits every 5 weeks I heard.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if they plan on calling more candidates this week? If I do get the call I'll ask about that.

Advertisement