Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RoboCop123

I'm pretty sure it's 3 fast track groups yeah, has everyone from FT 1 attended their medical? I'm just wondering how soon we'll receive our medical date

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CLC93

LC20 wrote: »
    Medical passed so all is done - just to wait on the SMT results. Anyone from FT1 still waiting on vetting?

Great stuff! Another thing ticked off! FT1 here too and still waiting on vetting to clear as well before becoming appointable, it’s been away for just over 24 weeks now so fingers crossed won’t be much longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paulo345

How long after the medical do you have to wait for your SMT results?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭North Coast John

Took about a week for me

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Anyone else doubt we will hear much about funding tomorrow during the PB meeting with everything going on over the past 24hrs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

JC12250 wrote: »
    Anyone else doubt we will hear much about funding tomorrow during the PB meeting with everything going on over the past 24hrs?

There will be a written report made available at some point on the PB website tomorrow that will likely have some detail on funding, and the CC usually makes an uninterrupted opening statement but I'd imagine most of the Q&A will be concerned with current events.

I'm not sure he'll have much to report on funding in any case, though, it's all gone quite quiet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56594740

According to this the final budget is being held up - not sure what implications that has on additional bids the DoJ has submitted.

It’s going to be a bumpy few days by the looks of it. I’d say if we didn’t have COVID the assembly would be on the verge of collapse which would leave funding up to Civil Servants.

Who knows what having no finalised budget could mean over the next few months, might work in our favour if Civil Servants realise cash as departments request it.

MrChew wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-56594740

According to this the final budget is being held up - not sure what implications that has on additional bids the DoJ has submitted.

Just reading that again and it mentions police numbers not being increased...I wonder if that means the budget is allowing for the extra officers that we originally thought were going to be cut??

Just reading that again and it mentions police numbers not being increased...I wonder if that means the budget is allowing for the extra officers that we originally thought were going to be cut??

Who knows. The article does say the final budget is the same as the draft budget with only minor changes, so it might just have been a bit of political rhetoric on the part of Mr Aiken. It might become a bit clearer following the PB meeting tomorrow. Conversely, it might not lol.

• Advertisement

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/sf-and-dup-criticised-over-lack-of-budget-agreement-40262979.html

This story makes it sound as if a big part of the refusal to proceed with the final budget is due to the commitments regarding policing numbers not being met.

It's difficult to read this clearly though. Either this is good from our perspective as it makes it more likely the Dept of Finance will find money in order to get the budget over the line, or the Executive parties are washing their hands of the whole thing in the event that the Executive collapses.

The next few days/weeks will be interesting!!

£12.3 million quietly announced to increase police numbers in final budget.

Bullet points at bottom.

https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/news/murphy-announces-budget-rebuild-economy-and-support-children-and-young-people

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Bullet points at bottom.

https://www.finance-ni.gov.uk/news/murphy-announces-budget-rebuild-economy-and-support-children-and-young-people

Great news!

GET IN THERE. Just heard Pamela talking to the policing board to say it seems we have the funding for recruitment! Very positive news.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 CLC93

Nice positive finish to the PB meeting re recruitment from Pamela. Good to hear, might put a few minds at rest.

Bullet points at bottom.

Excellent news thanks for sharing Mr Chew. Do you think this means 600 will be recruited as initially planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

I believe they will still recruit 600, reference was made about making savings in other areas to gain the other money required at the PB meeting.

Excellent news thanks for sharing Mr Chew. Do you think this means 600 will be recruited as initially planned?

It seems like that is sufficient funding, yeah.

Great. Let's hope things get moving again and we hear some news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Chief Con was on tv said there was more funding for new officers next year so good news for any of you guys wanting to join.

• Advertisement

Imagine he came out and said April Fools lol. My mind is finally at ease knowing this recruitment will go on.

Will this speed things up?

Imagine he came out and said April Fools lol. My mind is finally at ease knowing this recruitment will go on.

Not just that but they've also announced a high street vouchers scheme, so we'll be able to get money off new underpants for GV.

Will this speed things up?

It will allow them to do full intakes instead of reduced ones, so they should get through the ML faster. Not sure if it will make the first 2020 candidates start any sooner- I'm still not 100% on if they are going to wait until the ML is out before appointing anyone.

Not just that but they've also announced a high street vouchers scheme, so we'll be able to get money off new underpants for GV.

Be able to buy all your gear for PE then lol

I wonder how much notice they give before your start date for GV? My current employers have been decent to me and I'd like to give them as much notice as possible.

I wonder how much notice they give before your start date for GV? My current employers have been decent to me and I'd like to give them as much notice as possible.

Dont worry you get plenty of notice ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

It would be great if they went ahead before the ML was published- this recruitment drive has felt like an eternity lol. I can't wait to get going and start training.

It would be great if they went ahead before the ML was published- this recruitment drive has felt like an eternity lol. I can't wait to get going and start training.

Some of us waited 2 years to get in..hold tight

• Advertisement

Some of us waited 2 years to get in..hold tight

Valid point- thanks :)

Advertisement