Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

Some of us waited 2 years to get in..hold tight

A lot of people wait longer than 2 years..

Great news though!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Newbieee wrote: »
    A lot of people wait longer than 2 years..

Great news though!

Im just saying it can take a while so be patient..doesnt matter if its 2 years or more

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

It's only partially useful as 'securing 300 jobs' refers to controlling attrition through recruitment too. The reduction of 300 was going to be implemented by allowing attrition to exceed recruitment, but the exact numbers are still difficult to work out.

There's still no doubt the extra funds is fantastic news.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Did anyone get the email stating they are continuing with the original figures for recruitment. Excellent news!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭North Coast John

Did anyone get the email stating they are continuing with the original figures for recruitment. Excellent news!!

Yeah great news and the pre-employment stages are going ahead which hopefully includes the last ACs :)

Yeah great news and the pre-employment stages are going ahead which hopefully includes the last ACs :)

I think that is just referring to the PSNI managed stages - the ACs are separate from that. They are likely referring to inviting FT3 to PCA/medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ASM1234

Be nice if they could email the non FT applicants to about the recent situations, if it wasn't for this site we would have no idea what's going on

ASM1234 wrote: »
    Be nice if they could email the non FT applicants to about the recent situations, if it wasn't for this site we would have no idea what's going on

I think the FT/non-FT divide is way more pronounced in this campaign than it has been in previous ones. I'm just somewhat surprised there wasn't a contingency plan to produce some sort of interim merit list but then, with the question remaining over funding, it probably wasn't a pressing issue. It might become more of a concern now, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

The lack of information given to non FT group is abit of a joke. I’m happy for the individuals that have been FT but it seems the rest of us are just left in the dark about it all which is frustrating to say the least.

• Advertisement

It'd been a very frustrating few months indeed let's hope this month is better for everyone with the restrictions easing, I'm going to keep running and maybe the PCA will come along lol

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Gda88 wrote: »
    The lack of information given to non FT group is abit of a joke. I’m happy for the individuals that have been FT but it seems the rest of us are just left in the dark about it all which is frustrating to say the least.

I absolutely feel your pain Gda88, as i am in the same boat as you. Delighted for FT-ers but non-FT-ers have still passed and have equal rights to be informed re progress of their application and re progress of the whole recruitment campaign. Hopefully we hear something soon xx:D

Update on joinpsni that they are exploring options to conclude the ACs and pass the ML to PSNI - sounds like we won't be waiting for the tourist sector to reopen for them to be concluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭JC12250

Lack of clarity for non FT is completely unacceptable imo given the amount of speculation in the media regarding funding and recruitment numbers. Saying that, I would say the extra funding will more than cover our recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Throwaway36

Stick with it everyone, it’ll all be worth it when you hit the ground!

This process was very different than the 1810 campaign.
    Can anyone shed some light on what a zoom call arranged after medical is for? I assume it replaces the traditional chat with the doctor on the day?

Can anyone shed some light on what a zoom call arranged after medical is for? I assume it replaces the traditional chat with the doctor on the day?

I'm not going anywhere. I've been checking this forum almost every day for the past few months lmao. It's a long process but I'm sure it will be worth it. I went through the process of joining an English Police force just before covid hit and passed everything, but turned it down to pursue the PSNI instead. It was a big gamble at the time, but I'm appointable now and was over the moon when I found out- I cant wait to get training.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

I'm not going anywhere. I've been checking this forum almost every day for the past few months lmao. It's a long process but I'm sure it will be worth it. I went through the process of joining an English Police force just before covid hit and passed everything, but turned it down to pursue the PSNI instead. It was a big gamble at the time, but I'm appointable now and was over the moon when I found out- I cant wait to get training.
    Well done on being appointable buddy..great to hear. I’m sure you’ll be starting training soon enough. I’ve finally got my medical in the next few weeks so will hopefully be in a similar position in the not too distant future ����

Well done on being appointable buddy..great to hear. I’m sure you’ll be starting training soon enough. I’ve finally got my medical in the next few weeks so will hopefully be in a similar position in the not too distant future ����

Good luck with your medical fella. It will be interesting speaking to people in training if they were on this forum lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

No word on my medical date since I passed PCA last week but I'm assuming I'll get word end of next week for maybe a date end of April. I'm enjoying Easter and then getting back to training :pac:
    Positive news regarding budget - I think we will see big and frequent intakes into GV from August onwards and who knows maybe even sooner. I was thinking if they finish off the remaining 2018 candidates with a May intake maybe with the new found confidence of recent budget commitment they will even consider a June intake for the first of 2002 campaign, providing a Merit List is finalised by the end of April.

If I pass my medical and start training this calendar year I'll be really happy.
    Great to hear the positive news of people progressing through managed stages to being appointable. Hoping for good news coming soon for all those waiting to begin managed stages also. Got a feeling things will speed up for everyone going forward! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

I’m not sure it is worth it 🀣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 BSE1234

Hi everyone! Hope you are all keeping well despite this LONG process.
    New to this board, had absolutely no idea it existed.

I passed my PCA last week and waiting to hear on a date for my medical. Just wondering if anyone who has already done theirs has information about the depression/anxiety issue?
    I had been speaking to a counsellor last year and they put me on medication to try. (Had to move back in with my parents from Germany in the middle of a pandemic - so it's not something that would affect my work.)
    Even though I voiced my concerns about my PSNI application they said it shouldn't affect it (hmmm??). Anyway, was only on them for about 3 months and came off them, counsellor agreed that I didn't really need them, it was an isolated incident and I don't need to speak to them anymore either.
    However, it's now causing major stress thinking have a I ruined my chances!!

Apologies for this long post and probably TMI....

BSE1234 wrote: »

I passed my PCA last week and waiting to hear on a date for my medical. Just wondering if anyone who has already done theirs has information about the depression/anxiety issue?
    I had been speaking to a counsellor last year and they put me on medication to try. (Had to move back in with my parents from Germany in the middle of a pandemic - so it's not something that would affect my work.)
    Even though I voiced my concerns about my PSNI application they said it shouldn't affect it (hmmm??). Anyway, was only on them for about 3 months and came off them, counsellor agreed that I didn't really need them, it was an isolated incident and I don't need to speak to them anymore either.

You could send a PM to PSNIHopeful1. I'm not sure if they are still active, but they have direct experience of the issue you are talking about and might be able to give you a steer on what to expect.

Edit: They've also spoken pretty openly about it in the past.

Dont worry too much about it. If it was an isolated incident and you have plenty of supporting evidence it will be fine. Just be honest with them when you chat to the OHW doctor and staff.

BSE1234 in the same boat as you with the worrying only mines vetting, it makes this long wait feel even longer. CRN about 3 years ago my only ever incident. Let's hope nothing comes of it but, but it's out of my hands. Anybody in the same situation as me and passed there's on this? Just to ease the worrying lol

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AlphaBravoOut

Welcome to the board BSE1234. I’ve not been through the medical myself yet, but from what I’m aware it’s a case-by-case basis regarding mental health and a minimum of at least one year off medication. Bring along as much supporting info as you can, including from the counsellor you saw. Maybe someone else on here could shed more light. Wish you all the best

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Welcome to the boards, mate.

I would say you should be okay considering it was a short period without any major red flags like suicidal thoughts or self harm.

If you really want to be safe though, maybe ring your old counsellor and ask if they can write you a little report of some sort to put your mind at ease.

Other than that, I think you will be fine. Congrats on passing PCA and good luck with your medical!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 BSE1234

Thank you everyone! Appreciate all the advice, it's put my mind at ease a little. Will definitely be digging out all of the information I can get.

Good luck to anyone still with ACs and PCAs still left to do!
    Please remember to double knot your shoelaces for the PCA - had to stop to tie mine in the first lap, and was not my finest moment ahah

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Marcus767

Hi all I wasn’t aware there was a one year min I was on antidepressants for a short period but stopped them last August. Would I be right then I’m thinking I’ve no hope?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,703 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

12 months is the minimum. Your application will be discontinued on medical grounds.
    Marcus767 wrote: »
    Hi all I wasn’t aware there was a one year min I was on antidepressants for a short period but stopped them last August. Would I be right then I’m thinking I’ve no hope?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Marcus767

Shield wrote: »
    12 months is the minimum. Your application will be discontinued on medical grounds.

Oh. Okay. Thanks for the information

Advertisement