Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Does anyone think there will be another fast track group now that we are heading into another lockdown to keep recruitment flowing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Brodin2693

I’d say there needs to be something, be that an issuing of some sort of raw results or another fast track

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RustInPeace90

Has anyone had to provide additional information after their medical? I got an email sent this morning but they’ve added no attachment to the email or provided an address to send further additional information?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Just got results of my SMT back, all clear as expected. That means I've now passed all stages. Just waiting for a call and a start date.

Hopefully calls go out soon as I can't wait to get started. Seen someone say earlier they asked the trainers and they think it will be March before next intake. Praying it won't be that long but if it does, it does. As long as I know it's coming.

Buzzing!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Just got results of my SMT back, all clear as expected. That means I've now passed all stages. Just waiting for a call and a start date.

Hopefully calls go out soon as I can't wait to get started. Seen someone say earlier they asked the trainers and they think it will be March before next intake. Praying it won't be that long but if it does, it does. As long as I know it's coming.

Buzzing!

I think the late Feb/March intake will be the last of the 2018 recruits - I doubt we'll get the call til Feb/March at the earliest with a start in April, unless there are a whole heap from 2018 who don't take their place at GV.

Does anyone know if they let you know when you're officially appointable and, if so, do they let you know via email or postal letter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 CoAntrim24

Hey folks,

Did anyone get their vetting results back today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Agliveo

CoAntrim24 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Still no vetting results for me mate, did you get yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

Buzzing!

There currently are only 3 intakes in Garnerville at the moment due to social distancing. Next intake due is end of February and calls have already gone out. The purples will leave the week after the February intake starts. Reds are due to finish up start of April so that would free up space for a late March intake.

I know a few from 1810 who are ML1000+ and are starting in February so I would guess that 1810 is pretty much finished now.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

CoAntrim24 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

No vetting back here yet either, did anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

Got my vetting back yesterday! Sent it 7 weeks ago, fitness test coming up soon! Fingers crossed the new restrictions don’t postpone anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

Boss20 wrote: »
    Got my vetting back yesterday! Sent it 7 weeks ago, fitness test coming up soon! Fingers crossed the new restrictions don’t postpone anything

Congrats and well done mate. My vetting been away 6 weeks but no sign yet and I’m in same boat as you crossing fingers and toes upcoming PCA isn’t cancelled. I’m taking it as no news is good news in terms of not hearing of cancellations at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

Congrats and well done mate. My vetting been away 6 weeks but no sign yet and I’m in same boat as you crossing fingers and toes upcoming PCA isn’t cancelled. I’m taking it as no news is good news in terms of not hearing of cancellations at this point.

Good luck with your PCA! And I would agree, no news is good news!

I had emailed recruitment about the possibility of some of my PSNI tests being cancelled during the last lockdown and they told me things would not be cancelled as they had been fully risk assessed.

My experiences in both the PCA and medical indicated they were indeed risk assessed and that COVID was taken seriously. I'd imagine that is still the case and that your next stages will go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

MrChew wrote: »
    I had emailed recruitment about the possibility of some of my PSNI tests being cancelled during the last lockdown and they told me things would not be cancelled as they had been fully risk assessed.

My experiences in both the PCA and medical indicated they were indeed risk assessed and that COVID was taken seriously. I'd imagine that is still the case and that your next stages will go ahead.

I wish they were on time with our A/C results. I thought they were covid-safe at the time i was there at the A/C. How i wish lockdown wouldn't affect our results xx

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

mariyapsni wrote: »
    I wish they were on time with our A/C results. I thought they were covid-safe at the time i was there at the A/C. How i wish lockdown wouldn't affect our results xx

Hi mariyapsni,

Its kind of looking like we are going to be delayed again at the end of January which sucks. Unless everyone has already attended but if that was the case we wouldn't have to wait a month on the result 😢😢

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Hi mariyapsni,

Its kind of looking like we are going to be delayed again at the end of January which sucks. Unless everyone has already attended but if that was the case we wouldn't have to wait a month on the result 😢😢

Hi Si_zx10r,

Yeah, it looks quite unlikely in terms of us getting our results on the 29th of January if there are delays in the A/C assessments. I think they must have assessed us on the day during our A/C while the assessors were ticking their tick-box sheets. However, we just don't know if still there are any candidates left to do their A/C in January, so please, if anyone is still to do their A/C after the hols, could you please advise us? Just so that our anticipatory hopes find some peace :rolleyes:

Noone on here appears to be having theirs in jan but I would imagine there is a number of applicants not on here so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

From what I have heard all AC were to be finished by 18 Dec so all should be ok for results fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

I recently attended a coaching class just before my AC. One of the people I was talking too told me that his AC was scheduled for early January.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Boneyard2002

I can’t remember what page it was on though, someone on here said a while ago that they got rescheduled to the mid of January also.

• Advertisement

Thanks for info guys, with the current restrictions in place, its looking like another delay is very possible. Kind of sucks for all involved, a full year in for some of us to get the dear John letter eventually. Fingers crossed results are out before February 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PSNI2020

Hi all, for anyone who’s already done their medical; do they really need evidence of minor injuries/conditions? I’ve broken a few bones playing rugby and had an ear infection. Nothing that I’d be overly concerned about.

PSNI2020 wrote: »
    Hi all, for anyone who’s already done their medical; do they really need evidence of minor injuries/conditions? I’ve broken a few bones playing rugby and had an ear infection. Nothing that I’d be overly concerned about.

The invitation email is explicit - if you've needed medical attention for an issue then you should bring supporting documentation. If you don't you are simply making it more likely that they will be unable to decide on your case and thus request the info you didn't provide in the first place.

I've passed my medical and have a couple of VERY minor issues that I brought extensive documentation for. One of the nurses commented that it would make the doctors decision a lot easier, the implication being that there would have been a question mark over me had I not.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RoboCop123

Would anyone know the extent of the SMT at the medical? I've been on/off ibuprofen for a few weeks just to help with a muscle strain and am concerned my usage might concern them? Apologises in advance if this has already been covered

RoboCop123 wrote: »
    Would anyone know the extent of the SMT at the medical? I've been on/off ibuprofen for a few weeks just to help with a muscle strain and am concerned my usage might concern them? Apologises in advance if this has already been covered

They ask you to list medications taken in the last 3 months, including non-prescription painkillers. I had taken ibuprofen a couple of times in that timeframe and it didn't raise any eyebrows whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 RoboCop123

MrChew wrote: »
    They ask you to list medications taken in the last 3 months, including non-prescription painkillers. I had taken ibuprofen a couple of times in that timeframe and it didn't raise any eyebrows whatsoever.

Ah happy days, thank you MrChew

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

I would like to think we would get an update this week with regards to the assessment centre results date, however, given the last update was 2 -days before the expected result date I'm not holding out much hope... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lesburney

I would like to think we would get an update this week with regards to the assessment centre results date, however, given the last update was 2 -days before the expected result date I'm not holding out much hope... :(

Them giving up an update on time would imply they have some level respect for your plans and time, for which at this point I'm sure they have absolutely 0. We'll just get chinned off for another month or two come the 27th - 28th of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 PSNI2020

Are they likely to offer invitations to Garnerville to FT1&2 before all the Assessment Centres have been completed? I.e. everyone’s place in the Merit List is known

• Advertisement

PSNI2020 wrote: »
    Are they likely to offer invitations to Garnerville to FT1&2 before all the Assessment Centres have been completed? I.e. everyone’s place in the Merit List is known

Can't be certain but there's no good reason for them to withhold invitations to GV if candidates are appointable. Obviously they call people forward based on their ML position, but that's less of an issue when it comes to FT folks.

Advertisement