Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mcztg_93

Squill123 wrote: »
    Hi guys- does anybody know what the medical test outcome would be towards anxiety and depression history/ medication in previous years? Thanks
    Hey - maybe better asking in the 1810 thread as they would have more experience:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bafta12

Squill123 wrote: »
    Hi guys- does anybody know what the medical test outcome would be towards anxiety and depression history/ medication in previous years? Thanks

I failed my medical for a history of self harm when I was early 20s. I had to get a psychiatric assessment to appeal and was passed. I think it has to be 3 years since your last episode of depression that was back in the 1710 campaign. It’s a very grey area now so always appeal should you fail for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I dont think it has to be 3 years surely. I know of a few people that had suffered within 12 months or so of medical and passed without issue. I think self harm might be a different story though

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bafta12

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    I dont think it has to be 3 years surely. I know of a few people that had suffered within 12 months or so of medical and passed without issue. I think self harm might be a different story though

Back in the 1710 a few were failed due to depression within the last 3 years but as I say it will probably be different now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Haz1612 wrote: »
    Have my AC coming up next week but haven’t got any email about details for the location yet, should I be worried or do they usually only give a 5-6 days notice?

I got mine 5 days before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

Good to see the AC is back up and running again! Hard to put a time frame on it but If all goes well the majority of people in here will be in GV in about a 12-18 months time

Newbieee wrote: »
    Good to see the AC is back up and running again! Hard to put a time frame on it but If all goes well the majority of people in here will be in GV in about a 12-18 months time

10 months for the deloitte managed stages seems long but we are already at the 7 months mark. Fingers crossed plenty of passes and the psni managed stages dont take as long with plenty of intakes along the way. Seems covid could put more spanners in the works for this years recruitment the way things are going. What a year to apply lol

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Newbieee

Yeh for sure, when I applied, from doing my AC to my first day in GV it was just short of 11 months. That was when GV was doing an intake per month and I was mid 200’s on the ML

Newbieee wrote: »
    Yeh for sure, when I applied, from doing my AC to my first day in GV it was just short of 11 months. That was when GV was doing an intake per month and I was mid 200’s on the ML

11 months would have been great lol are you still working in psni or did you leave and are re-applying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

11 months is fast in psni recruitment standards! This whole covid has really slowed things down but what can ya do just grin and bear it.

• Advertisement

Only 13 weeks to go before we are get put out of our misery with good/bad news. Would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about outcome of a/c.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

The time it takes once passing AC depends entirely on your merit list position. The better your score the sooner you progress. Your vetting will not be actioned until you have passed AC. And it like all stuff in the public sector is done in Tranches. Higher scoring people processed first.

Put simply. It pays to be a winner

True story lol i don't care how long it takes personally as long as I'm on the right track and on the merit list. The perfect scenario would be in the top 400 for me but I'm not holding my breath as I felt like I could have performed better but impossible to know if I done well or not

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

NornIron74 wrote: »
    I got mine 5 days before

So if I haven’t received an email from them by tomorrow maybe contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

Yukuza2008 wrote: »

It doesn't do any harm. Either they'll tell you where it is or they'll and say the email with the location hasn't gone out yet and to wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

Had my AC today. Very interesting to say the least. Felt I had it well. Finger crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Belfast86 wrote: »
    Had my AC today. Very interesting to say the least. Felt I had it well. Finger crossed

Nice one chum, glad to hear it.

MrChew wrote: »
    Nice one chum, glad to hear it.

Cheers buddy. The no tomatoes played a big part for me.

Well happy with today’s outcome - fingers crossed I hit the pass mark.

Yukuza2008 wrote: »

Yeah, check through your junk folders and then email them

Had my AC today but didn't actually go, hoping to get a call at the end of this month for the 1810 campaign. Fingers crossed for you all, it's a long wait but will be worth it in the end.

• Advertisement

NornIron74 wrote: »
    Had my AC today but didn't actually go, hoping to get a call at the end of this month for the 1810 campaign. Fingers crossed for you all, it's a long wait but will be worth it in the end.

Good luck when the call comes, I know its been a long wait for you due to the pandemic etc at least the wait is nearly over now and you're deffo getting a placement.

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Good luck when the call comes, I know its been a long wait for you due to the pandemic etc at least the wait is nearly over now and you're deffo getting a placement.

Thanks mate, I appreciate that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

I have the assessment centre workshop/course coming up soon, anyone who has been could they tell me roughly what people wear when there? Guys

Xxx1234 wrote: »
    I have the assessment centre workshop/course coming up soon, anyone who has been could they tell me roughly what people wear when there? Guys

Edit - totally mis read. For the AC day suit up

Xxx1234 wrote: »

The majority of people wear suits/smart wear but it's up to you. There was one guy who went to mine that wore a hoodie and trainers and he stood out, it could subconsiously sway the assessors in the wrong way. You have to remember that you are attending the AC to hopefully get a job out of it so I would highly recommend to wear a suit/ shirt and tie or equivalent for the ladies.

Haz1612 wrote: »
    Have my AC coming up next week but haven’t got any email about details for the location yet, should I be worried or do they usually only give a 5-6 days notice?

Meant to post yesterday but got my email from them about the venue and that. You receive yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

AC ✅ yesterday, this was my first time and it was quite the experience indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 NIAS92

Gda88 wrote: »
    AC ✅ yesterday, this was my first time and it was quite the experience indeed!

Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

NIAS92 wrote: »
    Any tips?

Probably just be yourself and listen to what they have to say very carefully.

• Advertisement

Forgot to ask anybody that’s attended ac do you need to be clean shaven or is facial hair ok?

Advertisement