Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod:

We do not give locations, not even rough locations, in case it's just that one piece of information that was needed for an attack on that location.
    Xxx1234 wrote: »
    Hi there, anyone been to the assessment centre other than the one in Belfast. Have booked in for one on the north west area and not so sure where it’s going to be. Just looking a rough location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Hi there, anyone been to the assessment centre other than the one in Belfast. Have booked in for one on the north west area and not so sure where it’s going to be. Just looking a rough location.

You will get an email with the exact location before your AC date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 2002candidate

You’ll get plenty of notice for where it’ll be. It’ll be about a week before so you will have time to plan for travel time and arrange parking etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I think what is being referred to is the training day for a/c but same security measures are put in place to ensure the safety of attendees. They will email in good time before the class.

Well that was an experience like no other, good luck to everyone else that has their AC upcoming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    I think what is being referred to is the training day for a/c but same security measures are put in place to ensure the safety of attendees. They will email in good time before the class.

Yes sorry was referring to the training day for the assessment centre I didn’t make that clear but understand that locations cannot be given out. Booked onto the training centre further from my house as the dates worked better with my assessment centre dates but I’m sure we will be given plenty of notice, just being impatient.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Yes sorry was referring to the training day for the assessment centre I didn’t make that clear but understand that locations cannot be given out. Booked onto the training centre further from my house as the dates worked better with my assessment centre dates but I’m sure we will be given plenty of notice, just being impatient.

They notify you days before it is due to take place - as in single figures, less than a week to go sorta time.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

MrChew wrote: »
    They notify you days before it is due to take place - as in single figures, less than a week to go sorta time.

I have my training for the AC this weekend and I have just been notified today of my location etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mouse0303

Hi guys, my AC coming up and just wondering if there are many 2018 ones left on here that are also attending the 2020 AC or any that have pulled out cos they've already got in? Slightly worried about how long its going to take to get through this all with so many applying!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ali82

Marrick999 wrote: »
    Well that was an experience like no other, good luck to everyone else that has their AC upcoming

I’m dreading mine Lol

• Advertisement

mouse0303 wrote: »
    Hi guys, my AC coming up and just wondering if there are many 2018 ones left on here that are also attending the 2020 AC or any that have pulled out cos they've already got in? Slightly worried about how long its going to take to get through this all with so many applying!

No different than any other year, there's a report somewhere online thats gives the recruitment info over 3 years which gives a good information on recruitment with ratios catholic to protestant etc found it quite interesting. Percentage for a/c passes vs IST passes is much higher. Impossible to know how you done in the a/c, can only hope they seen what they're looking for.

Ali82 wrote: »
    I’m dreading mine Lol

Absolutely nothing to dread, there’s a lot of stigma around it, especially when people don’t know what to expect, but it’s honestly nothing to worry about. If you follow your common sense you’ll be grand from the get-go

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ali82

Marrick999 wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing to dread, there’s a lot of stigma around it, especially when people don’t know what to expect, but it’s honestly nothing to worry about. If you follow your common sense you’ll be grand from the get-go

Thank you I just don’t know what to expect and unfortunately i feel really under prepared but fingers crossed goes better than expected

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

mouse0303 wrote: »

I'm just waiting on the call for 1810 so I'm more than likely not going to attend AC. I know about 25ish people in 1810 who applied for 2002 as a back up. More are already in GV at this point or have a start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bafta12

SMS19 wrote: »
    I'm just waiting on the call for 1810 so I'm more than likely not going to attend AC. I know about 25ish people in 1810 who applied for 2002 as a back up. More are already in GV at this point or have a start date.

If I was you I would still attend AC. Person at mines was in the same waiting stage as you and still went. Have known a few to do this. I didn’t attend my 1810 AC assuming I’d get the call for 1710 and ended up failing vetting. So always give yourself that chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Bafta12 wrote: »
    If I was you I would still attend AC. Person at mines was in the same waiting stage as you and still went. Have known a few to do this. I didn’t attend my 1810 AC assuming I’d get the call for 1710 and ended up failing vetting. So always give yourself that chance.

SMS is in the same position as myself, we are both waiting for a call with everything already passed so no real point in going to the AC

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

NornIron74 wrote: »
    SMS is in the same position as myself, we are both waiting for a call with everything already passed so no real point in going to the AC

I’m waiting on my medical clearing but if I don’t have a call by my AC in September I’m still going to go. There’ll be less pressure on me to do well but I still don’t think it’s worth the risk of something going wrong with my 1810 campaign.

Bafta12 wrote: »

What happened with your vetting mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Latto882

Does anyone know if there is fast tracking in place? Or will it be after dec that the pca etc is started

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

Have my AC next week!!

Was at the no tomatoes coaching at the weekend. Very helpful indeed.

Does anyone know how long the AC day last? I’m up at 1:30

• Advertisement

I know somebody who was at AC last week and was out in just under 3 hours.

Latto882 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is fast tracking in place? Or will it be after dec that the pca etc is started

I’m quite sure there will be a fast track, but obviously can only go on this as “hearsay”. No one truly knows.

yes, according to the info provided some may advance prior to the a/c results on the 5th December. Im sure some people on here will be lucky enough to move to the next stage before 5th December

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

yes, according to the info provided some may advance prior to the a/c results on the 5th December. Im sure some people on here will be lucky enough to move to the next stage before 5th December

Where did you hear that the assessment centre results will be issued on the 5th of December?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Where did you hear that the assessment centre results will be issued on the 5th of December?

It says so in the linked file in the invitation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

Does anyone know how many people go through FT ? Thanks!

I think it was top 200 last time and done in 2 stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

SMS19 wrote: »
    I think it was top 200 last time and done in 2 stages.

Thanks for this! Do you reckon if it was similar this year all those going through FT would maybe know before December?

I’m just thinking that the date will be December and anything else is a bonus. Fingers crossed.

Wyl91 wrote: »
    Thanks for this! Do you reckon if it was similar this year all those going through FT would maybe know before December?

I’m just thinking that the date will be December and anything else is a bonus. Fingers crossed.

Yes all those going through FT will get an email to invite them on to managed stages... you will not get your score or your merit list number though. That all comes out on results day.

• Advertisement

Just 14 weeks to go for results 🙈🙈 hopefully most of us get through. Either going be a great Christmas or a depressing one lol

Advertisement