Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

cat8609 wrote: »
    I think I read on a post in another thread that they do their search with experian , others were saying they only seen the search recorded with them . . Some companies only report to Experian whereas others only report to Equifax and so on . . Im in the 2002 campaign and I looked at mine, some old defaults from about 5 years ago, due to come off next year but I went ahead and cleared them all up , hoping this will do me justice when it comes to vetting . . And if it's going to be a long wait they should have all dropped off by then if I'm lucky to get that far

If you’ve them cleared then happy days. Please make sure you declare everything on your vetting forms. It’s likely to come up for questioning.

With regard to the credit check, it did show up on Experian but didn’t show up on equifax for me.

It appears as ACPO Police Vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cat8609

W221 wrote: »
    If you’ve them cleared then happy days. Please make sure you declare everything on your vetting forms. It’s likely to come up for questioning.

Yea I'll leave nothing out . . That's if I get through the AC and PCA 😂

cat8609 wrote: »
    Yea I'll leave nothing out . . That's if I get through the AC and PCA 😂

You’ll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I've lived at a couple of addresses over the years but always kept everything registered to my parents address as I wanted to wait until I bought a house before changing everything over and the other property I've lived in my parents own. Not sure how I go about declaring this as EVERYTHING is as if I never left home. Not sure if this will cause issues or not

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Boobysingleton

Could be a issue bai.. They want to show traceable living history. Best advice I can give is explain what u just said. An give all addresses u lived at and ur parents

• Advertisement

Best them having it than looking for it. Non disclosure seems to be what causes waiting times from what I can gather. If it's not required itl be disregarded.

Best them having it than looking for it. Non disclosure seems to be what causes waiting times from what I can gather. If it's not required itl be disregarded.

This is 100%. You definitely need to disclose everything because they’ll find out anyway.

Everything and anything has been to the one address for the last 10 years, I've no Bill's or anything to any address I've lived at for the past 10 years only my parents. There is nothing to find at any other address.

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Everything and anything has been to the one address for the last 10 years, I've no Bill's or anything to any address I've lived at for the past 10 years only my parents. There is nothing to find at any other address.

Sound like perfect candidate... Check family n partners family members. Incase they stole a packet of crisp few years back....

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

So you have address history that isn't verifiable then? ��

• Advertisement

Oh I smell trouble

I havnt rented a house in several years and only lived in family owned property. I was a bit worried about this but hopefully it doesn't hinder my application as I've a clean record and credit score is above the national average and never missed a single payment or been cautioned etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Robbie200490

Feel like these vetting forms are gonna be a melt! If in Australia I lived in hostels mostly and rented rooms in houses, do I have to remember all the addresses?

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    I havnt rented a house in several years and only lived in family owned property. I was a bit worried about this but hopefully it doesn't hinder my application as I've a clean record and credit score is above the national average and never missed a single payment or been cautioned etc

You've lived in addresses that you can't verify then, probs a good idea to explain all this in the vetting forms then they give you the opportunity to add extra sheets. Could be problematic

Feel like these vetting forms are gonna be a melt! If in Australia I lived in hostels mostly and rented rooms in houses, do I have to remember all the addresses?

You need all addresses last 10 years...

NeeNaw21 wrote: »

Cheers neenaw21

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TDawg1990

How often do the PSNI recruit, is it an annual thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

TDawg1990 wrote: »
    How often do the PSNI recruit, is it an annual thing?

It depends some years it has been sometime its been 2 years nothing is a given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

NeeNaw21 wrote: »

"Please provide an address history to cover the last 5 years, ensuring that you enter dates of residence and post codes."

Address history is 5 years, job history is 10.

I was chatting to my mate about the whole address thing clearing it up and he was saying things starting get back to normal there with people training etc so hopefully recruitment end of things will start moving again very soon also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Nhs2018

W221 wrote: »
    This is 100%. You definitely need to disclose everything because they’ll find out anyway.

Apply that to me too lol :p

Nhs2018 wrote: »
    Apply that to me too lol :p

I know ;)

Anyone else continuously refreshing their emails hoping to hear some news?

Check it most days, lol been checking psni page etc aswell, so far nothing in relation to 2020 recruitment drive. Hopefully we should hear soon with things starting to move in the right direction and places opening and flights planned from middle june. Hopefully by july/august, a/c will be well under way

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

i only really check my emails on friday, thats when deloitte usually correspond to candidates anyway

Anyone else continuously refreshing their emails hoping to hear some news?

Yes, even though I’m not even due any emails lol

Roll on next week to see if we get calls

What kinda things is everyone revising/practising for the assessment centre?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Treddy

Are there any rules against applying for other constabularies while being in the PSNI selection campaign? I've seen that some constabularies have rules against applying for a year if you've been unsuccessful in another consubulary's recruitment, does the PSNI have any rules or restrictions regarding this? I'm thinking of applying to two other constabularies, but I wouldn't want that to impact my PSNI application since that's my first preference. I'm just scared that it'll drag out for months and months like many people on the forum complain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 vhue30gnyzfj4b

Treddy wrote: »
    Are there any rules against applying for other constabularies while being in the PSNI selection campaign? I've seen that some constabularies have rules against applying for a year if you've been unsuccessful in another consubulary's recruitment, does the PSNI have any rules or restrictions regarding this? I'm thinking of applying to two other constabularies, but I wouldn't want that to impact my PSNI application since that's my first preference. I'm just scared that it'll drag out for months and months like many people on the forum complain.

Glad you asked this as I was thinking of doing the same! I think some allow you to apply to more than one but you’re not allowed to sit the assessment centre twice within six months. Can’t remember where I read that but that was what I got from it but I’m not 100% sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Im not 100% sure but I don't think there's any rules against applying for other constabularies across the water if you've applied already for the Psni. Though if you apply for a mainland force you might have to limit your application to just one force. I know some forces ask that question on the application form.

I applied for Kent Police about 3 years ago. Applied in March and heard nothing until June. Assessment Centre was in August and final interview was September. I ended up not pursuing it in the end for a number of reasons. Still have some regret over that but that's life.

Also some mainland forces ask for a certain police qualification. I cant remember the name but it's basically to limit the number of applicants. Thames Valley still ask for it or did when I was applying for Kent.

My advice would be to go for it. The economic fallout from Covid-19 seems like it will be severe. If there's police forces still recruiting you might as well fire your name in. Just in case recruitment's are binned or halted for a bit.

Advertisement