Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

FN2593 wrote: »
    Hi Folks, I see there has been an updated Recruitment Process and PCA Video put up on YouTube. Perhaps things are now moving and while there isn't an email just yet they won't forget about us!

I see they have updated it to 4.30, any other changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FN2593

penutzimes wrote: »
    I see they have updated it to 4.30, any other changes?

I just gave them a quick glance and the PCA change was what stood out for me.

I just gave them a quick glance and the PCA change was what stood out for me.

Yea just watched the video hopfully it won't be long it's the unknown at least with other times they gave you a date to which they would send out the info

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FN2593

penutzimes wrote: »
    Yea just watched the video hopfully it won't be long it's the unknown at least with other times they gave you a date to which they would send out the info

I get you, the main thing is to keep the head up and stay positive. 2002 will have a unique story that's for sure!

I get you, the main thing is to keep the head up and stay positive. 2002 will have a unique story that's for sure!

That's true it will be a nice wee surprise when it does comes all being well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 vhue30gnyzfj4b

Anyone know what theyre like with BMI ? I’m reasonably fit and exercise a lot but classed as underweight and with lockdown I’ve struggled to gain weight as well. Could probably put it on the second the gyms open again but just curious

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Flash_93

Anyone know what theyre like with BMI ? I’m reasonably fit and exercise a lot but classed as underweight and with lockdown I’ve struggled to gain weight as well. Could probably put it on the second the gyms open again but just curious

You may not meet the standard if:

Your BMI body composition is greater than 30
    Your body fat is greater than 5% above the predicted maximum
    You appear overweight at the medical assessment.

I'm in similar position but I'm optimistic regarding the above only focusing on been above the bmi

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭KN1231999

Flash_93 wrote: »

I'm in similar position but I'm optimistic regarding the above only focusing on been above the bmi

Im the exact same, i trying a high carb diet to get my weight up
    last time i checked i was just above 9 stone so i got some work to do

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Flash_93 wrote: »

I was part of the 1710 campaign. I failed medical due to previous mental health problems. I was also slightly overweight but they didn't care about that.

They're not particuarly strict on the BMI, I was worried about my BMI going in but they didn't say anything about it.

This may have also be because I wasn't that far over it and had lost weight since I had it measured at the PCA. I wouldn't worry about it too much though unless you're really far over the BMI limit.

I wonder will the emails be going out soon seeing the executive have relaxed some restrictions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Does anyone know about the medical in respect of depression/anxiety, if you have had a small spell of this, could it remove you from process even if it's no longer an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭SMS19

Nope it wont automaticly fail your medical, I was off work with anxiety for 3 week in Oct 2018 and my medical passed fine. Got a bit of a grilling about it and what I do to manage etc at medical but that was it.
    Feel free to drop me a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Invitation emails for the AC will be sent out in the next few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

NornIron74 wrote: »
    Invitation emails for the AC will be sent out in the next few weeks

Indeed, mid July it seems!

It's nice to receive an email with an update, hopefully things will start moving along quicker with things starting to get back to normal and majority off businessed being reopened again.

Nice to see some progress here happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 rhino100

Just seen the email regarding the assessment centre, exciting!

This will be my first assessment centre, any tips to get a high score?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 psni21

rhino100 wrote: »

Just follow "the Preparing for your Assessment Centre" link and the "guidance for Applicants" on the Competency Values Framework for Policing Professionals. Be compassionate and caring

Looking over all that info as well as the info on the college of policing site, hopefully not long to go now. Any idea on how many will be recruited this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 psni21

Looking over all that info as well as the info on the college of policing site, hopefully not long to go now. Any idea on how many will be recruited this year?
    Only way to tell (on average) is to check the current website. Its shows 2018 process and 2017 process. Or you could submit a freedom of information request.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

I was told on a recent visit to GV for 1810 that they will exhaust the merit list. If you pass everything you’ll get in because they want everyone. They’re looking for a diverse workforce and this is a way of getting that.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Does anybody know what the pass mark is at AC?

Yukuza2008 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what the pass mark is at AC?

It changes, I think it was 50 for 1710 and then it was 49 for 1810

What is it scored out of?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    What is it scored out of?

Thanks for info guys, do you have to wait long on your score after you attend the a/c?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭W221

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Thanks for info guys, do you have to wait long on your score after you attend the a/c?

I did mine at the start of January 2019 and got the result on 10th May 2019

That’s dictated by how well you did with your IST. If you scored well then you’ll got to AC first. Sadly means a huge waiting time.

AC results day will be the same for everyone but you will have a different date for AC, mine was in March 2019

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 vhue30gnyzfj4b

Did you’s prepare a lot for it ? Have this feeling that however well I prepare I’ll still find the day quite overwhelming! Seen a lot of people as well who think they’ve done horrible yet passed with a good score

Advertisement