Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...Even when you're feeling warm, the temperature could drop away, like four seasons in one day...

Morning all,

Red sky in the morning....almost cloudless sky but it's cold only 4 C

Kithenside with coffee..next cereal purchase will be porridge :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,045 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all, lovely 33C here with relatively low humidity. Aerial day for me but will come home tonight.

Nespresso anyone?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Smurf I've never had a nespresso, I'd love to try one. Do you do just americano or is latte a possibility?

You must be living a sheltered life, go into their store beside Grafton Street as they give free samples.

Here's one just for you. (Cup is for Leprechauns)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Couldn't tell you the last time I was in Dublin but I really appreciate the coffee, Guinness being another favourite tipple of mine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Working at home (my sideline job). Delighted with a big custom order plus I was paid today for a recent commission. It can be a bit like feast or famine, with self employment.
    Gorgeous crisp fresh Autumn day. You can just taste Winter on the air. Crows cawing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Doctors-waiting room-side.. I tried to fight it, but the plague has beaten me.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

It can be a bit like feast or famine, with self employment.

Don't I know Widdershins. I'm in busy mode which will soon be coming to a slow down and I'm contemplating hibernation over the winter months. It's a beautiful morning, chilly but fresh and autumnal, am I the only one who didn't see summer going, (probably because we didn't get one here)

Just back in from morning walk. Deskside, cuppa and work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Waiting on the coffee to brew. It's Get Ready for Winter Day here. The patio set has been dismantled and stowed away, chimney cleaned and a fire set.
    It's a beautiful morning for getting things done.

Sick to death of people going on about the 'hurricane'. There's an autumn gale approaching. We've had them before and we'll sure have them again. Between those bemoaning it's arrival and those just chomping at the bit for a decent storm, it's tiresome and will change nothing.

Coffee's ready, book in hand, biscuits stacked and I'm off to the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Sick to death of people going on about the 'hurricane'. There's an autumn gale approaching. We've had them before and we'll sure have them again. Between those bemoaning it's arrival and those just chomping at the bit for a decent storm, it's tiresome and will change nothing.

Coffee's ready, book in hand, biscuits stacked and I'm off to the garden.

So long Dorothy... :pac:

• Advertisement

It's Get Ready for Winter Day here. The patio set has been dismantled and stowed away, chimney cleaned and a fire set.
    It's a beautiful morning for getting things done.

Levi Scary Disk I have the chimney sweep calling today and will be removing the tables and chairs from the back to the shed this afternoon - I always feel like summers here when that set gets taken back out again :D I agree about this weather, though as I live rural high winds are always a worry, so this sort of hyping up only serves to make me anxious.

Pretzill wrote: »
    Srameen I have the chimney sweep calling today and will be removing the tables and chairs from the back to the shed this afternoon - I always feel like summers here when that set gets taken back out again :D I agree about this weather, though as I live rural high winds are always a worry, so this sort of hyping up only serves to make me anxious.

Very rural and exposed here too. I clean the chimney myself, as we can never get a sweep out this direction.

The weather hype is getting ridiculous. Of course forecast and warn but stop going on and on about it. It has some people around here very fearful.

So long Dorothy... :pac:

oz.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Can you use the capsules for nespresso in another machine?? Cause if so, and you have a machine Grem I’ll send you some of luckiest mans pods to try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

oz.gif

Just realised how apt that post was, considering my username :D

Just realised how apt that post was, considering my username :D

Now I see your user name :D I thought you had a fever :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Buried the mother-in-law this morning, then went off for lunch and a few beers (Heineken 0.0 for me, I'm training later).

About to have a nap, then up for a swim then proper pints tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Tableside thinking I should make some effort to batten down the hatches.

I've a toothache and I don't want to go to the dentist ,bet it will get worse tonight,u hate pain but I'm terrified of the dentist.

Woke up exhausted, such is life currently

• Advertisement

Still at work.... Will be a few hours more

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thank god that day is over and now to relax and make plans for some divilment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

In my bedroom about to watch a film, finally relaxing after a jam packed, hectic and tiring 7 days. I have a glass of wine, chocolate, and my favourite candles lit. Cleaned my room earlier and have fresh bedsheets and PJs.

Spent Saturday working with a few kids with severe mental and physical disabilities and their families which was very hard but everyone enjoyed themselves and I was told I made their day, which was great to hear. I’m very proud of what I did and I learned a lot.

Sunday I ran 10km around a very challenging course and just missed my PB by 10 seconds.

Worked full shifts on top of that and was delayed leaving work most days.

Stress levels back to normal again now. Thankful to have a few days to recharge

• Registered Users Posts: 16,435 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Autosport wrote: »
    Thank god that day is over and now to relax and make plans for some divilment :D

No doubt you'll think of something. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,097 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

On the road tomorrow and working indoors for a change. Finishing up late on Friday evening. Right now I'm prepping work for the tech desk as I have to do some work on Saturday and Sunday.

Now as for all this weather talk. I've a pain in me Bol......listening and reading about it. I open social media accounts and its there. I log on to news sites and its there. I go into a shop and its there. Don't get me wrong, I respect the precautions you have to take in wind and rain, but the media fed drama is irritating and uncalled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote: »

Just when I was planning on relaxing for the evening, I have to keep my eye on you !!

Deskside with a cuppa & some biscuits.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Trying on some tees, shorts and trainers I purchased. The business :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

To bed for a snuggle with my favourite man

night all x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Kevinside :)

Auto, how come you are having such fierce trouble hooking up the cameras for Mams new abode ? ;)

• Advertisement

We have an annual check where an inspector watches how we perform our job and decides if we can continue for the next year or not. Today was my day.
    Well we have failures from the get go, airport fire engines called out due to a tiny fuel leak, managed to resolve that and had a pretty major avionic item fail, finally got that fixed and left 3 hours late.
    Waited at the destination for 3 hours and took the same guys back.
    A real PITA day, the inspector decided that there was no need to ask me any questions as the machine created enough problems.
    So I’m good for another year. Mutt will be happy as I have lots of lamb chops for him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement