Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Relaxing on the couch, wishing we had a red weather warning so I wouldn’t have to go to my 9am class tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Woke up with the wind and the fact the temp. has dropped so I wriggled out of bed to stoke the fire. On and off I've been slightly wheezy, maybe one night every few weeks. Triggered by black mold in someone's damp house and a huge wet log being burned by first time fire-builders on a campfire (so it smoked wetly all the next day). I give up smoking about twice a year then go back to it a few weeks at a time depending on stress :D I'd given up a week ago so this is just classic.
    I'm not worried, I have an emergency asthma inhaler in case it escalates and a medically trained man upstairs :D

At work.... Again! Looking forward to bed tonight already :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

No signs of any storm out there, off to college with me then

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Canteen side again.....💤💤💤

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just finished a run & about to open work front door.

Free work shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Biggest decision then sausage sandwich or porridge for breakfast

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...Walking round the room singing stormy weather at 57 Mount Pleasant Street...

Morning all,

It's mostly grey but I can see little bits of blue and rays of sun 10C

Kitchenside with coffee..I have a day off for good behaviour so I'm going to meet my favourite woman and see what divilment she has planned :pac:

Maybe we'll go storm chasing...look out Lorenzo we're on our way :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Thursday!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A bit of cold breeze here this morning. One of those, 'what will I do?' days. I went out to do some tidying in the garden and thought there's no point with a gale coming. So, I suppose I'll potter around looking for things that might get blown around and move them to a more secure location.
    A walk up the bog may even follow.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Stanley Green Retail Park

Keeping warm the old fashioned way today.
    I'll have to say goodbye to OH until Monday, soon enough. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Bloody hell!!!

Half way up the bog, when I remembered the rugby was this morning. Hot footed back. Coffee on. TV on.

What better way to pass the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bloody hell!!!

Half way up the bog, when I remembered the rugby was this morning. Hot footed back. Coffee on. TV on.

What better way to pass the morning?

I am currently enjoying hero status in the office as have disconnected the trading floor wall display and put the Rugby on there instead. Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Pubside with a Carlsberg in hand watching the match, c'mon Ireland, the joys of a dayoff:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Am about 5 minutes from home...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Also watching rugby, Smurf inspired Guinness in front of me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Witchie wrote: »
    Am about 5 minutes from home...

Welcome home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Roadside on the way to gulasch and spuds.:D

Interesting library at the street. Just get yourself 1-2 books and deposit your old ones. Or just bring the others back again.

“Cool books” directly from the fridge.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Roadside on the way to gulasch and spuds.:D

Interesting library at the street. Just get yourself 1-2 books and deposit your old ones. Or just bring the others back again.

“Cool books” directly from the fridge.:P

I love that idea , everyone wins , recycling old books for ones you haven't read yet ! Oh , enjoy the food !

Just after coffee , got to head back out again for a bit , no wonder I'm not emptying many boxes :D
    Stay safe and warm all those in line for a wind bashing .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Fierce windy here. Shouldn't have eaten that vindaloo.....yes I'll get me coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Counting down the minutes. This has been the longest day of my life (may be exaggerating for dramatic effect).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nearly home at last !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm heading out to collect my daughter from her first day at work. Then I'm going to treat her to a takeaway and maybe a Krispy Kreme if she's lucky. I'm in a nice mammy mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside watching an episode of The Sorpanos before going for some dinner with my brother and Dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

eviltwin wrote: »
    I'm heading out to collect my daughter from her first day at work. Then I'm going to treat her to a takeaway and maybe a Krispy Kreme if she's lucky. I'm in a nice mammy mood.

Will you be my mamny for the next few hours please. What you just described sounds lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Guy Person wrote: »
    Will you be my mamny for the next few hours please. What you just described sounds lovely!

Haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Couchside watching an episode of The Sorpanos before going for some dinner with my brother and Dad.

Enjoy the dinner together IMD , and hope you're feeling better today :)

Home , feeling overwhelmed , which is stupid as logically I know I'll get everything sorted , but at the minute it seems like I'm getting nowhere , which is stupid . And breathe .. needed to vent !
    Coffee in order I think and all will be fine again :D

Home side as I imagine anyone with a choice is, tonight. No storm here as yet.

I just said "see you later" to OH and next thing the ex from Hades rolls up. It's like he was parked up watching til OH left.

He's been given the day off for the storm (?! he works indoors, well inland and finishes before 6pm anyway !) and wants to sleep here as it's "less exposed". riiight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Couchside, questioning my judgement. Thank Christ tomorrow is Friday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement