Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Jayzz the round is getting bigger here. Anyone for a whiskey?
    Watching an octopus getting blanched on MasterCHef, who first saw an octopus and thought "I'm gonna eat that!"?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,394 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

*clinks glass*

Cheers to Duvet's dad, I'm glad all is well. It must be hard to know whether to be more annoyed with him or relieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I'm not long back from A&E,my poor dad was sent in from doctors after spending the night in agonising pain but he didn't ring myself or my brother because of the weather, he was walking around the backyard all night as couldn't even lie down, they immediately did a little incision and drained his bladder..the relief was unreal for him, hes got a little bag now until after Christmas, nothing sinister tg..I adore the man but I absolutely killed him for not ringing us..thank God for doctors and nurses and even though our health system is in ****e they sorted him immediately, I'm on a high now because I genuinely thought it was something else and I was really worried..this is better than any Christmas present...oh and I'm having a little tipple to celebrate, what's new ��.

Having a pint of Guinness to your dads health DD, glad he’s ok

The Christmas "spirit "is definitely alive here tonight, imagine us all in a pub lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Brilliant isn't it? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Great news, having a drink for you also Duvet Day..

I posted about my own Da earlier in Trivial Things that make you happy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

honeybear wrote: »
    It’d be rude not to join in ...

So honeybear is now a good time to ask you who your favorite man is ? 😛😸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭gifted

I'm not long back from A&E,my poor dad was sent in from doctors after spending the night in agonising pain but he didn't ring myself or my brother because of the weather, he was walking around the backyard all night as couldn't even lie down, they immediately did a little incision and drained his bladder..the relief was unreal for him, hes got a little bag now until after Christmas, nothing sinister tg..I adore the man but I absolutely killed him for not ringing us..thank God for doctors and nurses and even though our health system is in ****e they sorted him immediately, I'm on a high now because I genuinely thought it was something else and I was really worried..this is better than any Christmas present...oh and I'm having a little tipple to celebrate, what's new 😂.

Glad your dad ok Duvet

So..ermmm.....how many tipples have you had???......drop the hand quantities??? Lol lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,024 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside

gifted wrote: »
    Glad your dad ok Duvet

So..ermmm.....how many tipples have you had???......drop the hand quantities??? Lol lol

Cheek of you gifted..

Pop back here on Saturday night..😛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭thomil

Jeez, lot's of medical scares all around. I'm just glad your loved ones are alright, I've been through that myself.

Deskside in my home office, but just about to turn in after finishing three blog articles, including one that I'd been battling with since October.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, thinking about things :)

am happy to report I have very little bruising on my arm, was expecting lovely colors :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Bedside - good news and cheers (only water) to Duvet's Dad. Hope little G sleeps OK. That's a painful thing to happen but so easy to do this weather. I will have to forgo my drink in Wherer's Bar tonight as I'm up early. Night all

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Wishing both patients a speedy recovery and ill raise a glass of water to them both :)

Lovely little family here :)

Night all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Totally agree Auto.
    Happy Bumbóg here running away (as always)
    Night night lovely wherers!
    Codladh Sámh!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah all you lot are just hugs, amazing.

Bedside again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Goodnight wherers, this time next week will be Christmas day. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

"You see," began Christopher with a long sigh. "It's like sleeping for a long, long time."

Christopher Robin was surrounded by his friends under his favorite tree. It rested on the top of a hill overlooking the entire Hundred Acre Wood. He was older now, and he knew that he didn't have much more time left with them.

"But going to sleep means that some day you'll wake up." Pooh said with a smile.

"Precisely!" Owl exclaimed.

"And we'll be here when you do," Kanga added. "I'll even make you breakfast."

Christopher couldn't help but smile. "I would very much like that. But you all have to understand that it will be a very, very long time."

"Oh ho ho! We are great at waiting a long time! Rabbit here waits every year for the carrots to grow in the garden." Tigger chimed in.

"And every year you destroy them!" Rabbit snarled.

"But Christopher!" Roo interjected, jumping into Christopher's lap. "What are we going to do when you're gone?"

"Oh I won't be gone Roo. I'll be right here." Christopher placed his finger over Roo's heart. Roo giggled and scrunched up into a ball.

"We'll be just fine," muttered Eeyore. "I'm used to being alone anyways."

"None of you will be alone! You're a family now, and while I'm gone you will all take care of each other."

"B-b-b-ut you will b-b-be back r-r-right Christopher?" Stuttered Piglett.

Christopher let out a soft sigh and looked around at all of his friends. It was going to be difficult to help them to understand. They probably never would…

"Sometimes good things come to an end. But here's the secret everyone— come close!" They all huddled together underneath the tree to listen to Christopher's secret.

"Memories. Are. Forever." He whispered and tapped Pooh on the nose.

"Memories?" Said Pooh. "Well I have plenty of those! Like that time we saved you from the Heffalumps!"

"Or when you helped me fix my garden!" cried Rabbit.

"Or when you organized my library for me!" Exclaimed Owl.

"Or that time you built me a new house out of those sticks you found in the woods.” Eeyore added sullenly. "It didn't last the night...but I remember it."

"Yes, yes! All of those are memories and you will have them forever. Just like I will have my memories of all of you."

Christopher stood up and took one last look over the Hundred Acre Wood. The sun was setting in the orange autumn sky and the trees were beginning to lose their leaves. It was time he went home.

Christopher gathered all of his friends together and began walking back down the hill. They were all busy discussing the memories they had had with each other.

"Christopher?" Pooh said, looking up at Christopher as they walked hand in hand. "You aren't coming back, are you?"

Christopher looked down at the ground and took a moment before he responded. "No Pooh. I won't be coming back this time."

They walked in silence, listening to the sound of the crunching leaves underneath their feet.

Pooh suddenly stopped and looked intently into the ground. "I believe I am going to miss you Christopher," he said with a soft, broken voice.

Christopher leaned down and took his lifelong friend into his arms.

"I will miss you too Pooh. I will miss you very, very much."

Lying in bed, don’t know what to do with myself. I love that passage but I always did love Winnie the Pooh

Jesus Shoes, that set me off. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I always read that when I’m sad

Nose killing me with sinuses just stuck that menthol nose thing in my nose and feels like I’m snorting fire

• Registered Users Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Morning all, Nespresso time as usual, but off to a class for "effective communication", some bright spark has decided to send the whole workforce so that we can all learn how to interact with our customers, hope they have lots of coffee.

Missus plans to head off to the beach for the day, don't have the guts to tell her that we are expecting sand storms.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Awake too early but cosy in bed.
    Hope all the patients are doing well.

Bedside wide awake O_O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Awake too early but cosy in bed.
    Hope all the patients are doing well.

Actually managed a banana and a bottle of water yesterday. Stayed in bed and watched some programmes. Could not look at any of the food stuff though. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Best to all the other patients out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Dublin bound. Have to drive. Hoping the tractors don't affect things to much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Morning all!
    About to drag myself out of bed for walkies.
    Santa coming to school today - cute (& noisy) day ahead.
    Only 2 sleeps to the holidays!
    Have a good day everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Gathering the reindeer together for off.

• Advertisement

Deskside,roads are flooded here already,coffee and a chocolate bar now to start the day..have a good one lads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement