Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Having toast , with tea , from generic non branded tea bags .
    Guess what ?
    It fecking tastes fine :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Having toast , with tea , from generic non branded tea bags .
    Guess what ?
    It fecking tastes fine :D

Hmmm who paid you to say that mam hmmmm ? 😛😸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hmmm who paid to say that mam hmmmm ? 😛😸

Lol , I never buy branded tea bags , tea is tea to me , if that makes me a cheapskate , so be it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It’s my lovely daddy’s anniversary tomorrow night. This day 6 years ago he was moved to hospice. I remember them wheeling him from medical ward on second floor through the hospital to the hospice. I couldn’t bear to watch so I went down the stairs and met them at the lift. My big tough hardy brother was walking towards me, behind my dad looking like a lost little boy, tears streaming down his face. My dad was fuucked. He didn’t know where he was or where he was going. He looked so unwell a woman and her daughter walking past him turned around to stare back.

Anyway. I was on the way home tonight and had my earphones in and this song id never heard before came on. Memories by maroon 5. I burst into tears, and it would take a lot to make me cry now to be honest with you.

There's a time that I remember, when I did not know no pain
    When I believed in forever, and everything would stay the same
    Now my heart feel like December when somebody say your name
    'Cause I can't reach out to call you, but I know I will one day, yeah

Anyways I’m in bed drinking baileys straight from the bottle. I’m hardcore but classy ya

• Registered Users Posts: 16,352 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Shoes, that broke my heart, you've been through a lot.

Take it handy on the booze, it will make everything worse tomorrow.

• Advertisement

I have day booked off work and luckiest man has a rubber arm so we’ll go drinking tomorrow. Day drinking. You know what they say it’s not all day drinking if you don’t start in the morning. It breaks my heart too because in all honesty he was my best friend in the whole world. I lost both parents but honestly would lose her ten times over than him. BUT, I had a best friend for 25 years and honestly wouldn’t swap that for the whole world. Some people have their dads for the longest time but never ever have the same bond and honestly that probably makes me quite lucky if I could get over feeling sorry for myself long enough to realize it :D ltll be okay, everything is always okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

I hope you're feeling a bit better Eleysian, you take it easy now, you've been through it lately.

Ah Shoes your post made me so sad for you, I'm thinking of you missus and I hope you're ok. Big hugs for you. I hope tomorrow won't be too tough.

I am doing nothing of importance in the grand scheme of things.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It’s my lovely daddy’s anniversary tomorrow night. This day 6 years ago he was moved to hospice. I remember them wheeling him from medical ward on second floor through the hospital to the hospice. I couldn’t bear to watch so I went down the stairs and met them at the lift. My big tough hardy brother was walking towards me, behind my dad looking like a lost little boy, tears streaming down his face. My dad was fuucked. He didn’t know where he was or where he was going. He looked so unwell a woman and her daughter walking past him turned around to stare back.

Anyway. I was on the way home tonight and had my earphones in and this song id never heard before came on. Memories by maroon 5. I burst into tears, and it would take a lot to make me cry now to be honest with you.

There's a time that I remember, when I did not know no pain
    When I believed in forever, and everything would stay the same
    Now my heart feel like December when somebody say your name
    'Cause I can't reach out to call you, but I know I will one day, yeah

Anyways I’m in bed drinking baileys straight from the bottle. I’m hardcore but classy ya

*Hugs*
    Take it easy on the booze as legs said.

What's a rubber arm 🤔?

I'm bedside fairly sleepy 😴 but not gone yet

Easily twisted :D don’t worry, I’m mildly lack toast and tolerant :D I wouldn’t stomach too much baileys

(I’m not lack toast and tolerant)

Easily twisted :D don’t worry, I’m mildly lack toast and tolerant :D I wouldn’t stomach too much baileys

(I’m not lack toast and tolerant)

Get your cost 🤣🤣

• Advertisement

Sweet dreams all 😴💤 x

Ah shoes! So sad 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Shoes I understand - there's a song that makes me cry that reminds me of my mam & dad - I was lucky to have know both into my 40's but I'd still give anything to talk to them again. Loss is tough. But memories are precious.

I'm in the Xmas spirit tonight with a port & brandy nightcap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Computer Lab

I'm having a brandy!
    No work 2moro & feel like sitting alone thinking for a while. Nothing better than a brandy & thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Pull the other one you’re having a shandy ;)

Might join you. Can’t sleep..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

In a freezing study half heartedly doing course work ....actually only pretending to do course work ..like i have it open in a tab....but really browsing online on friends facebooks

Have you noticed people are taking way less selfies in general ? And way less photos?

https://ibb.co/VTB8B9R
    Well ILYV, I’ve nearly 20k photos most of which are cows dogs and selfies, which is prob a combination of both of the first two :D
    But I look at it as a public service sharing the human version of the Sistine chapel with the world ya kno?

I’m up showered and ready to party

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Thinking of you and your Dad today Shoes.

Leaving Leabaland after a topsy-turvy sleep.
    Heading out for dog walkies.
    Have to catch the local Romeo (wild cat) for neutering (believe me, the local lady cats will be thanking me - he’s a little divil!)
    Have a lovely Tuesday all! (except Romeo, that is!)

Morning all,gorgeous morning but seemingly the roads are lethal, not looking forward to driving to work ,Secret Santa day and a little party so at least that will shorten the day,just want to be on my holidays now and have a lie in..have a good one.

Shoes enjoy the day and behave .😛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....I wish you a hopeful Christmas, I wish you a brave new year, All anguish, pain and sadness Leave your heart and let your road be clear....

Morning all,

Seems to have been rain recently, 2.3C

Kitchen with the usual porridge and coffee for central heating

Wrap up folks

Seven Worlds will Collide

Heading shower side, frozen.
    honeybear wrote: »
    Thinking of you and your Dad today Shoes.

Leaving Leabaland after a topsy-turvy sleep.
    Heading out for dog walkies.
    Have to catch the local Romeo (wild cat) for neutering (believe me, the local lady cats will be thanking me - he’s a little divil!)
    Have a lovely Tuesday all! (except Romeo, that is!)

I laughed out loud at this , poor Romeo 😿, how will you catch him honeybear ? Will he get a home then? Hope ya catch him.
    Morning all,gorgeous morning but seemingly the roads are lethal, not looking forward to driving to work ,Secret Santa day and a little party so at least that will shorten the day,just want to be on my holidays now and have a lie in..have a good one.

Shoes enjoy the day and behave .��

When are yiz on your holiers? 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

After 10 nights in various Hilton Hotels, its so nice to be home eating the wife’s cooking.

Of course the day started with a Nespresso on the balcony chatting to the mutt, its 28 degrees C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At work and getting the tummy lined for a night out later. Christmas cheer knows no limits in this neck of the woods.

Ugh, feel terrible but have way too much to do today..... Would love to have a day on the couch..... Won't be happening today!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bedside, wallowing in my misery..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Bedside, wallowing in my misery..

Snap! :p

I hope it lifts Grem.

Kitchen side with my paw in a honey jar trying to get at the last of the honey, you'd swear I was a honey bear or something 😸😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Hope you enjoyed your honey Seph - it will keep you sweet! You'll be delighted to know that Romeo got a temporary reprive (couldn't catch him this morning - suspected Juliet had tampered with the trap!). My sister will neuter him and I have a lovely family home for him with a friend from the Wee County - he will be better looked after than myself! He just doesn't know it yet (think of all the new ladies he will meet up there and their cute accents!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I have a wild thirst on me now but only a few hours before quenching/drowning that thirst.

But it’s been a good day so far. Got a lot done. I dished out my daily compliment. I did my good deed for the day. I even washed my teeth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement