Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

Fireside.
    Back from travels in the chilly midwest. Few days work to kick through, then a soft couple of weeks on the roll into January :)

Following the the adventures of Romeo with interest. Maybe he got a tip off and has left the jurisdiction :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Finished the final final Christmas gift shopping and had an enjoyable day in town doing it.

Fire just lit and the house is toasty warm from the oil - god bless heating timers.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,713 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Day case ward at the Bon Secours...

....and if anyone thinks they can run riot while I'm in a hospital bed. Think again. I'm much more trigger-happy under the influence of drugs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Had to drag myself from the pit to see psychologist, pint or two then back to the winter of my discontent

Obviously I'm more worried about Beasty and the banhammer now that he is bed and boards bound...

My new reality. Sitting in the car getting my dose of alone time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Good evening all :) busy Auto these days but having date night with my favourite man tonight :)

This day next week I'll be one very excited Auto :D

Thinking of you Shoes xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 16,596 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's starting to feel like Christmas now so I think I should have a few drinks every night. For practice like.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,856 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Have one for me Leggy please !

Just back in from nearest neighbours house(my brothers house!) , everywhere frozen , and a heavy fog descending , very mystical ..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Room side, gonna go scavenge for food, am starved of the hunger! :3

Was down the park earlier, beautiful crisp day down there, so lucky to have a place like it at my back door.

9CTUCSi.jpg

urykuzT.jpg

iLAR5nt.jpg

[IMG][/img]qyfm4wl.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Seph they are great photos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Lying on my bed in my room in the most beautiful hotel I’ve ever stayed in. Had a wonderful bath earlier and the room has a working gas fire. Going for dinner shortly with my sister but would be perfectly content to stay put!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

It's starting to feel like Christmas now so I think I should have a few drinks every night. For practice like.

The force is strong in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm trying so hard to clear the work from the tech desk and all I'm getting is deadline grief, when Christmas isn't any kind of deadline for what I'm doing. Nearly finished and then up to Dublin in the morning.:rolleyes:

But today's more important drama was poor little G. It was deadly frosty this morning. I drove her to school yesterday, but this morning she said Daddy its okay, I'll walk. I know your busy with work. Poor little thing slipped and fractured her wrist on the way and walked back home. A&E with Mammy all day as I couldn't get away from the pricks beyond the tech desk.:mad:

I feel terrible! She's home now, fed and being pampered.

Poor baby G all the pampering, pain will be forgotten soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Luckiest man kept me relatively sober enough to bring me for a foooncy dinner.
    Was more excited about the John Deere and claas tractor on Stephens green than I was about the melting chocolate ball

Aw Grandeeod , poor little G , you all had a very stressful day , she's a tough little cookie though !
    Hope it's not too painful on her .

Two of the grandladies were here today , they're hilarious tbh ! Eldests Christmas Show on Thursday , lot's of fun :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Aw Grandeeod , poor little G , you all had a very stressful day , she's a tough little cookie though !

Two of the grandladies were here today , they're hilarious tbh ! Eldests Christmas Show on Thursday , lot's of fun :D

Who are grandladies?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Who are grandladies?

Mam means her grand daughters I think gremmy 😸

Who are grandladies?

Little granddaughters Grem , sorry :o
    I've four , so I call them my grandladies :)

Kitchen, time for a cupan tae.

• Advertisement

Poor baby G all the pampering, pain will be forgotten soon
    Mam of 4 wrote: »

Cheers lads. Just got her settled into bed now after a pain killer and arm supported. She feels so sorry for herself. Mrs G all tucked in as well. Dinner time for me and then the big smoke early tomorrow.

I'm not long back from A&E,my poor dad was sent in from doctors after spending the night in agonising pain but he didn't ring myself or my brother because of the weather, he was walking around the backyard all night as couldn't even lie down, they immediately did a little incision and drained his bladder..the relief was unreal for him, hes got a little bag now until after Christmas, nothing sinister tg..I adore the man but I absolutely killed him for not ringing us..thank God for doctors and nurses and even though our health system is in ****e they sorted him immediately, I'm on a high now because I genuinely thought it was something else and I was really worried..this is better than any Christmas present...oh and I'm having a little tipple to celebrate, what's new 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

HB hug to you Duvet.
    Fireside.
    Concert done & dusted. The only Christmas tree I want to see again is the one in my sitting room!

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Sooner have the sprained wrist yourself G I'd imagine.. Hope she heals up fast.

Cheers DD and your dad, having a Greenspot here, *tips glass*. My dad would do the exact same!!!

I'm not long back from A&E,my poor dad was sent in from doctors after spending the night in agonising pain but he didn't ring myself or my brother because of the weather, he was walking around the backyard all night as couldn't even lie down, they immediately did a little incision and drained his bladder..the relief was unreal for him, hes got a little bag now until after Christmas, nothing sinister tg..I adore the man but I absolutely killed him for not ringing us..thank God for doctors and nurses and even though our health system is in ****e they sorted him immediately, I'm on a high now because I genuinely thought it was something else and I was really worried..this is better than any Christmas present...oh and I'm having a little tipple to celebrate, what's new ��.

Enjoy the tipple Duvet. I'd love one tonight, but I'll wait until tomorrow night instead. On the road tomorrow. Glad to hear your Dad is okay!

I'm not long back from A&E,my poor dad was sent in from doctors after spending the night in agonising pain but he didn't ring myself or my brother because of the weather, he was walking around the backyard all night as couldn't even lie down, they immediately did a little incision and drained his bladder..the relief was unreal for him, hes got a little bag now until after Christmas, nothing sinister tg..I adore the man but I absolutely killed him for not ringing us..thank God for doctors and nurses and even though our health system is in ****e they sorted him immediately, I'm on a high now because I genuinely thought it was something else and I was really worried..this is better than any Christmas present...oh and I'm having a little tipple to celebrate, what's new ��.

*hugs*

Thank the gods it wasn't something more sinister.

Sure I may as well have a tipple too 😏.

Glad your Dad is ok DD , enjoy the tipple , you deserve it .

Ha ha another page or two and the entire country will be drinking to Duvet Day's Dad's health.
    Glad he's ok Duvet Day. (cheers) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

It’d be rude not to join in ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Delighted to hear your dad is ok!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement