Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

lab man wrote: »
    wat make?

MF iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

I dont think much of their quality control.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I hear JD only want one main dealer for the whole country. TFM are in the pipeline to come up with 55m to buy all the others out. I'll leave you figure out where the 55m will eventually come from.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

blue5000 wrote: »
    I hear JD only want one main dealer for the whole country. TFM are in the pipeline to come up with 55m to buy all the others out. I'll leave you figure out where the 55m will eventually come from.

Surely that will be the death of them outside of that greater region?? Maybe it's already happened? folks will buy what is generally most convenient to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bt12

blue5000 wrote: »

supposed to be 12 dealers between Ireland and uk, so probably
    a couple of dealers for lreland, not great for the customer imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

Reggie has taken the plunge...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Reggie has taken the plunge...

Ooohhhhh ooohhhh gimme the keys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

blue5000 wrote:

Well I never seen that coming...lolz

It lost a bit in translation, for Fendt fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

Anyone here have experience of Valtra 6400?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Does anyone here know where there is a fault code manual for a beta power engine?

Got spn 402; fmi 2 coming up.

So FMI 2 is data erratic, intermittent or incorrect.
    Can't find what the spn number relates to. I thought someone posted a link to a fault code booklet on this thread but I can't get it through the search.
    Anyone able to post up a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

mayota wrote: »
    Anyone here have experience of Valtra 6400?

You mean driving experience off them?? know a local plant contractor who i worked with over the years had 3 off them new back in the mid nineties. absolutely unbreakable they were and ahead off their time in some ways.

would have seen more drivers than a bumping car and still always came off safe.a great wee tractor in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭Gawddawggonnit

ruwithme wrote: »
    You mean driving experience off them?? know a local plant contractor who i worked with over the years had 3 off them new back in the mid nineties. absolutely unbreakable they were and ahead off their time in some ways.

would have seen more drivers than a bumping car and still always came off safe.a great wee tractor in my opinion.

Neighbor that’s a bale contractor has two, he only bought the second one a couple of years ago.
    Unbreakable.
    They’d have to be unbreakable for the same man because he was asking them to do work of tractors twice the size.
    Unbreakable indeed.

Does anyone here know where there is a fault code manual for a beta power engine?

Got spn 402; fmi 2 coming up.

So FMI 2 is data erratic, intermittent or incorrect.
    Can't find what the spn number relates to. I thought someone posted a link to a fault code booklet on this thread but I can't get it through the search.
    Anyone able to post up a link?

Have a look in the old machinery thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057412449&page=667

Or else try a google search with + pdf at the end

beta power engine fault codes pdf

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGRV_enIE751IE751&sxsrf=ALeKk01l_BiIcGD3I_XsK2t-w1ihyz619g%3A1583923159043&ei=179oXrelAvPlxgPhl5uoAg&q=beta+power+engine+fault+codes+pdf&oq=beta+power+engine+fault+codes+pd&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.33i160.8498.10946..12890...0.2..0.174.482.0j3......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.3sn8hf-CQTc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Some kit.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

Did they forget to put the handbrake on in the Case?

Anyone know why tri-axle trailers can only carry the same gross weight as a dual axle setup? I thought it would be approx. 1/3 more as the load would be spread across an additional axle. Was looking at some 14' tri axles but am put off by not being able to put on a full load of cattle for hauling with tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Did they forget to put the handbrake on in the Case?

Anyone know why tri-axle trailers can only carry the same gross weight as a dual axle setup? I thought it would be approx. 1/3 more as the load would be spread across an additional axle. Was looking at some 14' tri axles but am put off by not being able to put on a full load of cattle for hauling with tractor.

Are you talking about an Ifor Williams or the like? It's to do with the hitch as opposed to the number of axles.

Didn't know that! Can you uprate the coupling and if so how to you go about re-rating them?

Yeah, looking at them as tractor trailers in the price bracket are not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Didn't know that! Can you uprate the coupling and if so how to you go about re-rating them?

Lot more lads on here more qualified to answer that but I would say that it's not the most straightforward thing to do, particularly with regards to certifying it at a higher weight limit. What would happen in the event of an accident is the first thing I would ask myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭older by the day

Did they forget to put the handbrake on in the Case?.
    That's only the yard scraper tractor out there.

• Advertisement

Did they forget to put the handbrake on in the Case?.
    That's only the yard scraper tractor out there.

Its a different world out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Whats everyone up to theae days with machinery? Mainly slurry and moving bales here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭emaherx

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Whats everyone up to theae days with machinery? Mainly slurry and moving bales here.

New trailer has been christened :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I got a field rolled yesterday that we out wintered 5 yearling on. Ground conditions were perfect and it rolled well. It's the one job that you need the conditions just right especially with the weather that we have at the moment. One day early and you could make tracks, a day later and it's gone too dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

emaherx wrote: »
    New trailer has been christened :D

Wash it quick

Reggie. wrote: »
    Wash it quick

What is this wash that you speak of?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

What is this wash that you speak of?

Well wear it looks to be a serious job, what length is it 20ft? If you had a good tractor and a fragmented farm then a tractor trailer is a good option. You'll bring long more cattle with less diesel costs and it's not a whole pile slower than a jeep especially when loaded as well as being steadier and better off road. Having said that I'd have to replace most of the 10 foot gates here or at least hang them in pairs.

Well wear it looks to be a serious job, what length is it 20ft? If you had a good tractor and a fragmented farm then a tractor trailer is a good option. You'll bring long more cattle with less diesel costs and it's not a whole pile slower than a jeep especially when loaded as well as being steadier and better off road. Having said that I'd have to replace most of the 10 foot gates here or at least hang them in pairs.

It's 18ft x 7ft, I got it built specially as 7ft wide because the Standard 8ft is too wide for my 390 and some of my gateways.

Yea farm here is fragmented and Jeep trailer is far too small and is a much slower way to move big groups of cattle between land. Decided on a new trailer for comfort as it's probably the most used piece of equipment here.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

It's 18ft x 7ft, I got it built specially as 7ft wide because the Standard 8ft is too wide for my 390 and some of my gateways.

Yea farm here is fragmented and Jeep trailer is far too small and is a much slower way to move big groups of cattle between land. Decided on a new trailer for comfort as it's probably the most used piece of equipment here.

I'm coming to the conclusion that buy right and buy once is the way to go with most machines. It's only expensive the first day and hopefully you should get lots of hassle free service with no nasty repair problems or let downs.

It seems a good sized trailer without being overly hard manovered. Would it carry 10 average sized cow's? Although I suppose if you wanted to use the dividing gate it would reduce the capacity slightly.

• Advertisement

I'm coming to the conclusion that buy right and buy once is the way to go with most machines. It's only expensive the first day and hopefully you should get lots of hassle free service with no nasty repair problems or let downs.

It seems a good sized trailer without being overly hard manovered. Would it carry 10 average sized cow's? Although I suppose if you wanted to use the dividing gate it would reduce the capacity slightly.

I think it would probably be tight at 10, I've not filled it as full as I could have as I was moving cows with young calves and didn’t want to pack them too tight.

Advertisement