Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

looking in the region of €20k.for the twin dispenser model.to be honest often see a standard bjs enter the field behind a baler and leave quick enough after the baler is done..for the work i would be doing i don't think a high speed would justifiable..the bjs should be faster than the be too..

Is it for own use or contracting. If own would it no pay to wrap in yard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭roosterman71

the bjs should be faster

Keep on topic please :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

Is it for own use or contracting. If own would it no pay to wrap in yard

for both..wrapping in the yard is a good job but wouldnt suit in alot of yards

the bjs model would probably be faster than the be model...hows that off topic??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,364 ✭✭✭roosterman71

the bjs model would probably be faster than the be model...hows that off topic??

1355331549061.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭eire23

looking in the region of €20k.for the twin dispenser model.to be honest often see a standard bjs enter the field behind a baler and leave quick enough after the baler is done..for the work i would be doing i don't think a high speed would justifiable..the bjs should be faster than the be too..

Should be fit to stick with two balers in all but the heaviest crops with a bjs on ordinary plastic. Extra wrap will slow it up a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Ohhhh behave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Bjs would be a short way of mentioning a sexual act...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

With bjs and models mentioned in the one sentence, it can only be one thing;

https://www.mchale.net/products/991bjs-round-bale-wrapper/

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

1355331549061.jpg

ah right..though i was being pulled up by a confused mod thinking in seeking advice on something other than wrappers..ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

bought a twin despinser here last year 2nd hand 50 k bales on it, found it hard enough to wrap with it when going right youll do some wrapping but if it goes anyway wrong twill break your balls revs on the tractor is the big thing too manyrevs twill pass the sensor then u have to reverse it a bit then tip it manually

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

lab man wrote: »
    bought a twin despinser here last year 2nd hand 50 k bales on it, found it hard enough to wrap with it when going right youll do some wrapping but if it goes anyway wrong twill break your balls revs on the tractor is the big thing too manyrevs twill pass the sensor then u have to reverse it a bit then tip it manually

Get the sensors checked on it.
    Have a fully auto ber here and the sensor on the turntable was out of line and doing the same as yours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭MfMan

The air seat on the tractor ain't working; it has sank to the bottom and the lever that inflates it doesn't work, though it does make a buzzing noise when pressed. From reading past posts on this, it may be a broken wire or compressor issue. If it's a broken wire someplace, then would it make a buzzing noise at all? More likely to be a faulty compressor? Think it's a Grammar make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

yep just a sensor issue there

Get it fixed and it will work like clockwork. It might even be something small like a flake of paint of something effecting it

new mchale bjs order today..cheers everyone for comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭cute geoge

MfMan wrote: »
    The air seat on the tractor ain't working; it has sank to the bottom and the lever that inflates it doesn't work, though it does make a buzzing noise when pressed. From reading past posts on this, it may be a broken wire or compressor issue. If it's a broken wire someplace, then would it make a buzzing noise at all? More likely to be a faulty compressor? Think it's a Grammar make.

It may be just the joiner coming from the compressor to the seat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭emaherx

Enjoy your BJs :D

emaherx wrote: »

at 14k would want to be extremely enjoyable.

emaherx wrote: »

Mods ..... mods

• Registered Users Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Do the new wrappers limit their table revolutions or do they still just go from the tractor engine speed with an audible alarm for overspeed?

• Advertisement

Do the new wrappers limit their table revolutions or do they still just go from the tractor engine speed with an audible alarm for overspeed?

go on speed of hydraulic from tractor but the alarm can be reset to higher number of revolutions per minute

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

at 14k would want to be extremely enjoyable.

Make em last

• Registered Users Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭emaherx

:D
    503394.jpg

Get the sensors checked on it. Have a fully auto ber here and the sensor on the turntable was out of line and doing the same as yours

a new sensor u mean so is it ?

wat money roughly

Panch18 wrote:
    Get it fixed and it will work like clockwork. It might even be something small like a flake of paint of something effecting it

Panch18 wrote:
    yep just a sensor issue there

think i might bring it to buckleys in listowel to service it in a month or so i had to buy a new loom last year too as the guy that had it last forgot to tell me he had caught it in the tractor arm e600 snots

wat money roughly
    €14000

€14000

Inc?

Reggie. wrote: »
    Inc?

yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

My father followed a wrapper for a while years ago. I was only a pup and loved me tractors so used to go along with him everyday in the summer when he'd be at it. My role was to walk to the next unwrapped bale, and when it was loaded, to do as you describe and put the plastic into the twine. I was probably only 11 or 12 at the time if that. As a treat, I was allowed drive and wrap the last bale in each field, but had to get down and tuck in the plastic myself.

First wrapper here was a 2-man operation. Very dangerous looking back at it. The levers were mounted on the frame of the wrapper. Not inside the cab.

Used to have one driving the tractor and someone else outside working the levers and tying and cutting the wrap (And obligatory balancing on the drawbar when moving from bale to bale)

Advertisement