Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭MfMan

Anyone know if you can buy a plant trailer whereby the rear ramp can be removed if needs be? Thinking about acquiring one but would like the facility to take off the ramp, for e.g. loading/unloading pallets, filling and emptying turf etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,059 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

MfMan wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can buy a plant trailer whereby the rear ramp can be removed if needs be? Thinking about acquiring one but would like the facility to take off the ramp, for e.g. loading/unloading pallets, filling and emptying turf etc.

This would be the real solution, I see them on lot of trailers now

https://herronengineering.co.uk/products/hydraulic-flip-ramps/

wrangler wrote: »
    This would be the real solution, I see them on lot of trailers now

https://herronengineering.co.uk/products/hydraulic-flip-ramps/

Thanks; I'd be thinking more about a jeep-town 10x5 / 12x6 trailer however.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭emaherx

Thanks; I'd be thinking more about a jeep-town 10x5 / 12x6 trailer however.

In that case, there are loads, ramps normally store under the trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,071 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

https://www.iwt.co.uk/products/flatbed/lt-and-lm/?tab=accessories#tab

• Advertisement

emaherx wrote: »
    In that case, there are loads, ramps normally store under the trailer.

Would prefer the hinged ones on trailers with axle outside rather than underneath the trailer. Not asking a lot am I! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

pricing up wrappers at them moment..a new mchale 911 BJS €14000 and the electric BE model €16000..anyone have experience of either?..it the BE worth €2000 more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

pricing up wrappers at them moment..a new mchale 911 BJS €14000 and the electric BE model €16000..anyone have experience of either?..it the BE worth €2000 more?

Have never used a joystick but have used the electric - great job now. I reckon you wouldn't go back to joystick if you went electric.

I assume you are getting the High Speed twin dispenser? I would say spending money on the twin dispenser is the best money you will spend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

BE is an easier machine to operate and more user friendly. The joystick is a pain especially if your wrapping a lot of bales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

davidk1394 wrote: »
    BE is an easier machine to operate and more user friendly. The joystick is a pain especially if your wrapping a lot of bales.

Lads back in the olden days had to manage with the levers. 😳. Is the BE semi auto?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

mayota wrote: »
    Lads back in the olden days had to manage with the levers. ��. Is the BE semi auto?

I remember when bales started here....Lad had to get off the tractor each time and tuck the start of the wrap under the twine on the bale to get it started :eek: Although, lads operating wrappers today weren't born then..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭roosterman71

hopeso wrote: »
    I remember when bales started here....Lad had to get off the tractor each time and tuck the start of the wrap under the twine on the bale to get it started :eek: Although, lads operating wrappers today weren't born then..... :rolleyes:

My father followed a wrapper for a while years ago. I was only a pup and loved me tractors so used to go along with him everyday in the summer when he'd be at it. My role was to walk to the next unwrapped bale, and when it was loaded, to do as you describe and put the plastic into the twine. I was probably only 11 or 12 at the time if that. As a treat, I was allowed drive and wrap the last bale in each field, but had to get down and tuck in the plastic myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

My father followed a wrapper for a while years ago. I was only a pup and loved me tractors so used to go along with him everyday in the summer when he'd be at it. My role was to walk to the next unwrapped bale, and when it was loaded, to do as you describe and put the plastic into the twine. I was probably only 11 or 12 at the time if that. As a treat, I was allowed drive and wrap the last bale in each field, but had to get down and tuck in the plastic myself.

Do you recall the wrapper making a kind of loud click, or bang, once every rotation? :D I wonder if this was how the operator knew how many times it had gone around?
    I can't remember what make the wrapper was back then....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Do you recall the wrapper making a kind of loud click, or bang, once every rotation? :D I wonder if this was how the operator knew how many times it had gone around?

I don't recall much repetitive noises. It was a pile of scrap so it creaked and squeaked galore. Blue yoke pulled by a Zetor Crystal. It might have been a tanco, but couldn't 100% confirm that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

I remember that from an old echo wrapper I think it was

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

mayota wrote: »
    Lads back in the olden days had to manage with the levers. 😳. Is the BE semi auto?

I was that soldier

Panch18 wrote: »
    Have never used a joystick but have used the electric - great job now. I reckon you wouldn't go back to joystick if you went electric.

I assume you are getting the High Speed twin dispenser? I would say spending money on the twin dispenser is the best money you will spend

no just the single dispenser model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

hopeso wrote:
    I remember when bales started here....Lad had to get off the tractor each time and tuck the start of the wrap under the twine on the bale to get it started Although, lads operating wrappers today weren't born then.....

You really dug out the memories.. And have to cut the plastic is well.. And the noise out of the plastic back then compared with now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

no just the single dispenser model

If you can afford it go for the twin dispenser.

any thoughts on the conor wrappers?..seem to be alot cheaper than the McHale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

I had a conor wrapper for 14 years and it never gave a moments bother. the old style one with 4 levers.

I had a conor wrapper for 14 years and it never gave a moments bother. the old style one with 4 levers.

never heard a bad thing about them but the only thing is i have a mchale agent 10 minutes away

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭thetiredfarmer

never heard a bad thing about them but the only thing is i have a mchale agent 10 minutes away

They are a very simple machine and the need for a dealer close by should be very small. However McHale should hold it's value longer I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

You really dug out the memories.. And have to cut the plastic is well.. And the noise out of the plastic back then compared with now

And not to mention the good men on wrappers back then that took their time doing the job, not so much as a nip on bales after they were done with their end

fortunately most round here now run the fusion with good men on them. a super baler to apply wrap.

things had gotten outta hand with youngsters ripping and tearing through work with the old wrappers leaving work behind with damaged wrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

2 different contractors here some years back now had Conor wrappers here over the years. not kidding but the field would be littered with short stripes of wrap after them.also seemed to be up and down of tractor to the wrapper quite a bit.
    never seen that issue with any mc hale wrapper here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Reggie. wrote: »
    I was that soldier

Started on one myself. An elho dad put over 100k bales on in a few years.
    Were a great wrapper when they first came out

They are a very simple machine and the need for a dealer close by should be very small. However McHale should hold it's value longer I would think.

thats whats swaying me towards the McHale to be honest..still not sure if the electric model is worth the €2000 more doe..but i reckon having to hold the joystick constantly while the bale turns on the table would be a bit annoying..especially double wrapping haylage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Second that a thousand times over

Find the money for twin dispenser at all cost!!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

What would the twin dispenser cost? Surely be worth it to go twin roll and joystick to get half the work.

• Advertisement

raypallas wrote: »
    What would the twin dispenser cost? Surely be worth it to go twin roll and joystick to get half the work.

looking in the region of €20k.for the twin dispenser model.to be honest often see a standard bjs enter the field behind a baler and leave quick enough after the baler is done..for the work i would be doing i don't think a high speed would justifiable..the bjs should be faster than the be too..

Advertisement