Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clue: A 13 player Murder Mystery game.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

sKeith wrote: »
    Night 1.

Reverend Green was murdered in the night, by strangulation, and the police found a pistol, unfired on his person.

Guys am I the only one who things this means the vig is dead?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Clarabel wrote: »
    Bags why me? Why GnR?

He names 3 names why are you only interested in an explanation of you and GnR? interestingly the only two I suspect at the moment. Do you not care why someone might suspect Tusk.

Unfortunately I would agree that the flavor implies the Vig is dead. Obviously there is no guarantee the vig would have shot wisely but it's a loss no doubt if so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Green&Red wrote: »
    Guys am I the only one who things this means the vig is dead?

no I think you right

He names 3 names why are you only interested in an explanation of you and GnR? interestingly the only two I suspect at the moment. Do you not care why someone might suspect Tusk.

Unfortunately I would agree that the flavor implies the Vig is dead. Obviously there is no guarantee the vig would have shot wisely but it's a loss no doubt if so

No I understand why tusk is on the list already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

Why? His reasoning may be completely different to yours!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Well duffers at least engaged with me. QB stuck a vote on me without any real discussion despite saying she was leaning no vote earlier.

I gave my reasons :P
    Baggly wrote: »
    QB too tbh. I directly accused her last night and she avoided that along with the whole no vote discussion.

I didn't avoid your accusation. I acknowledged it. I also didn't avoid the no vote discussion. I said no vote was a bad idea.
    @clara and tusk - i have reasons but cant share yet.

Reasons for what?

Clara:

Credit where it is due Necro outlines why Clara is suspect for sneaky shade throwing. Now throws me on an ffa list for not responding to her prod yesterday... what prod? Saying she wanted me dead for revenge reasons? I did quote and reply to it but that equals no reason related to this game so what exactly am I supposed to defend to appease her here. Seemed a very week ffa in general imo (nobody forcing her to do one so early) I mean Ecto is there cos Clara doesn’t know why people suspect her, weird as is her then posting dances with wolves pics

Now cycling home

:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(
    did you read any of my responses?

Necro summary is not based on facts, I have pointed out where things have been made up!

The FFA became a list of things and I forgot to take the FFA tag off. I was also shaded by Necro for not having shade on anyone which is why I did the FFA.....

I honestly didn't see your reply to my jokey shade, I'll go see if I can find it now

:rolleyes::rolleyes::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:(
    did you read any of my responses?

Necro summary is not based on facts, I have pointed out where things have been made up!

The FFA became a list of things and I forgot to take the FFA tag off. I was also shaded by Necro for not having shade on anyone which is why I did the FFA.....

I honestly didn't see your reply to my jokey shade, I'll go see if I can find it now

Kind of Ironic that you ask me if I read your posts but the reason I was on your not an FFA was because you did not see a response I made to jokey shade you made in my direction.

I did quote and reply to it but that equals no reason related to this game so what exactly am I supposed to defend to appease her here.

I feel like I am being gaslighted here, first by Necro and now you. can you point me to your post where you responded to me. I cannot find it, but maybe i just cannot find it

Dancing with wolves was the picture Bagly smiling when I asked him why me!

@clara and tusk - i have reasons but cant share yet.

Can you share your reasons for the 3rd name you listed ? G&R

• Advertisement

Kind of Ironic that you ask me if I read your posts but the reason I was on your not an FFA was because you did not see a response I made to jokey shade you made in my direction.

yeah I still cannot see the post, I've gine back and looked, twice

You said you wanted me to die for revenge reasons and named Baggly as a suspect too for gut reasons. post#111 I quoted this saying fair play (cos you could at least name suspects) but that I did not have names I suspected enough to vote for that early which if I was to do so I had to then due to time difference.

@BH put yourself in my shoes, I go to vote for Tusk (gave my reasons) and while I do that someone else votes exactly the same way

If I ignore it it looks like I jumped on their vote, which Baggly has accused me of anyway
    If I bring it up as I did, you accuse me of acting wolfie

What would you have done in that scenario? Can you at least see it’s lose-lose for me?

Also to answer your question I’ve been a wolf three times. I’m not a wolf this time.

If you are going to vote for me do it early please, I’ve a reservation for 7.30 in a Michelin star place in Baltimore, The Mews, a 15 course tasting menu no less, it sounds amazing and I can’t wait BUT I won’t be here to defend myself

You said you wanted me to die for revenge reasons and named Baggly as a suspect too for gut reasons. post#111 I quoted this saying fair play (cos you could at least name suspects) but that I did not have names I suspected enough to vote for that early which if I was to do so I had to then due to time difference.

yeah okay I see, fair enough. I still don't see that as a response really but I get what you're saying.

so of al the reasons given, that might be the only valid one but I'm not sure that makes me a wolf.

On us losing the vig - I think it’s good news, slow the kill rate
    From my experience vigs are a liability to the village

I think it’s a real result for us

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Can you remind me what you asked because I missed it?

And none of this cryptic nonsense around Tusk and Clara, spit it out

Now there is the aggressive defense i would expect. Ill spit out what i want, when i want, thanks.

Why is he on my list?
    quickbeam wrote: »
    I gave my reasons :P

I didn't avoid your accusation. I acknowledged it. I also didn't avoid the no vote discussion. I said no vote was a bad idea.

Actually, to be exact, you deferrred responsibility for why its a bad idea to sKeith. You said 'ah sure sKeith told us its a bad idea', to paraphrase. Thats putting forward an opinion and distancing yourself from it OR its backing up your own opinion with something someone else said in a different context. Neither of which is great.
    Can you share your reasons for the 3rd name you listed ? G&R

I think ive outlined this before in my table and the commentary in that post; but essentially, he distanced himself from the no vote idea extremely softly (out of character) and then made the tusk vote and was super super worried about it looking like a wagon (again out of character). But he is back to type now being all aggressive. It will be interesting to see which way he will swings next.

@BH put yourself in my shoes, I go to vote for Tusk (gave my reasons) and while I do that someone else votes exactly the same way

If I ignore it it looks like I jumped on their vote, which Baggly has accused me of anyway

What would you have done in that scenario? Can you at least see it’s lose-lose for me?

Also to answer your question I’ve been a wolf three times. I’m not a wolf this time.

If you are going to vote for me do it early please, I’ve a reservation for 7.30 in a Michelin star place in Baltimore, The Mews, a 15 course tasting menu no less, it sounds amazing and I can’t wait BUT I won’t be here to defend myself

Wow Brain fart... 3 times!

I always vote early so no problem there but that sounds awesome dude. I get your defense and it is kind of what I would have expected and tbh is fair enough because this early I can't be 100% on anyone but Wolves do tend to be more defensive than villagers and you def came across as defensive there. That alone would not have me suspecting you though. Not a fan of someone voting Tusk before he even posted on thread (same obviousy could apply to Necro) not that that means Tusk is good but you obviously had nothing really to back up that vote and were firing blindly. Ignoring how I repeatidly explained how why I was not voting and suggesting the FBI should look into me was a bit dodge too. Look into me if you want Feds but it looks dodgy imo for other people to try to influence them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Show me where i accused you of jumping on a vote before this post ive quoted here. You are seeing ghosts and accusations where there are none. Nervous about something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

tusk you tunnel like a MOFO and only once have you been right :p

I've been right plenty. I'm not tunnelling. I literally said it once. If I dont move off him then please feel free to accuse me of tunnelling. Right now tho both of your saying I'm tunnelling after saying he's suspect once is utter bullplop.

tusk wrote: »
    I've been right plenty. I'm not tunnelling. I literally said it once. If I dont move off him then please feel free to accuse me of tunnelling. Right now tho both of your saying I'm tunnelling after saying he's suspect once is utter bullplop.

I'm not saying you're tunneling him. I'm agreeing with him that you do tunnel.

I don't think you're doing anything at the moment. Which might be odd but I still think you're villiagy

• Advertisement

Meta,help me here pls but GnR is overly defensive when he is not a wolf.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Actually, to be exact, you deferrred responsibility for why its a bad idea to sKeith. You said 'ah sure sKeith told us its a bad idea', to paraphrase. Thats putting forward an opinion and distancing yourself from it OR its backing up your own opinion with something someone else said in a different context. Neither of which is great.

My very first post said it wasn't a good idea.
    I'm also foocked because I'll probably be in bed in about two hours. Hadn't expected a lynch tonight. Might do no-lynch, though I don't usually approve of such a thing.

And here expanded on it (yes, quoting someone else, but so what?)
    Actually sKeith did answer this, on Friday at beers. No lynch at this stage is not a good idea.

@Baggly sorry I thought you had said it,must have been someone else but it was said!
    And you know I can’t win whether I’m defensive or not!

@BH I read your no vote comment to mean that we should be suspicious of someone who doesn’t vote and then you didn’t vote WTF
    That’s obviously not what you meant

I’m also not saying don’t vote for me, if that’s your vote then that’s your vote just asking do it early, not a CFD on me when I’m not here

Meta,help me here pls but GnR is overly defensive when he is not a wolf.

First few games got called over defensive - got lynched
    Openly said I was going to be less defensive - got lynched for not being defensive

Now I don’t know where I am but I’m bound to be lynched for whatever way I’m doing it

So no harm but defensiveness can go and f**k right off!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Reaction to no vote plan:

Why / Questions / Notes Vote
    Baggly suggest no vote Reactions mostly Votes for BH
    BH Concurs Does he follow through No vote
    GNR Disagrees Something about more people for wolves to kill Votes for tusk
    Clara Disagrees Backs up GNR, misunderstands how no vote counting works Changes her mind post 144, wants to trial no vote…..and then votes for Baggly (and then calls out Necro for changing his vote)
    Necro hedges his bets Posts calculations to support a decision….a bit inconclusive though He votes for someone (tusk)
    Ecto Disagrees Good reasoning She follows through (votes for TheValeyard)
    Vale avoids the discussion Votes for Ecto
    Loughc avoids the discussion No vote
    Hello 2D Disagrees No real reasons He follows through
    Sully isnt around for the discussion Votes for GNR
    Tusk isnt around for the discussion No vote
    Duffman13 avoids the discussion Votes for Ecto
    Quickbeam avoids the discussion Votes for Ecto

Good info here, i think.

Clara is flip floppy.

Necro is hedgy

Ecto seems certain

Loughc and Vale are a bit more suss now

QB too tbh. I directly accused her last night and she avoided that along with the whole no vote discussion.

I'm not 'hedgy'.

I tried to discuss it with others from 5.30pm and nobody was about for 2 hrs. All that was on the thread was a back and forth about no lynch, which isn't finding wolves let's be honest.

Then I had Walrus at 8 so I stuck in a No Lynch as nobody wanted to discuss anything.

I came back to the thread and saw absolutely no response from tusk so voted accordingly near end of day, like I always do.

It might seem jarring for some with the late vote but this is how I always do it, I stick a placeholder so I won't miss in case anything comes up, then I might change - based off what I'm saying on the thread.

End of Day I'll always come back to affirm my decision one way or the other.

Last votes count double, I'm a villager and I'll vote as close to EOD as I possibly can every single day as I know my vote is based on true and not falsified thoughts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fwiw I don't GnR is acting wolfy at all. I would like an answer as to why my vote on tusk (that I'd been on about all day) is wolfy though.

Is it cos of timing??

Cos

tenor.gif

Baggly. Wolf
    bounty hunter probably not a wolf. 1/3 but out of tusk as the one of three I think he's the most wolf but I don't think he is.
    Clarabel not a wolf
    duffman13 probably not a wolf
    Ectoplasm. Dunno . Probably not a wolf
    Green&Red don't think wolf
    Ezra Scary Tenor. Most village read
    Loughc dead. One of three not to vote
    Necro. Dunno . Awful inaccurate shade on me. I've never met wolf Necro and also never seen him be so so so wrong
    quickbeam probably a wolf.
    sullivlo. Probably a wolf
    TheValeyard probably a wolf
    tusk 1/3 but I have a village read. So the 1 in 3 likely doesn't apply then.

I'm struggling to decide if I should end the pain and vote myself or fight to the death. I so want a village win though.

I doubt there's a wolf in BH or tusk tbh (the other non-voters).

The fact that they munched Lough means it's a very small place to hide.

I just don't see either tusk or BH being as brazen with their play like that.

Baggly. Wolf
    bounty hunter probably not a wolf. 1/3 but out of tusk as the one of three I think he's the most wolf but I don't think he is.
    Clarabel not a wolf
    duffman13 probably not a wolf
    Ectoplasm. Dunno . Probably not a wolf
    Green&Red don't think wolf
    Ezra Scary Tenor. Most village read
    Loughc dead. One of three not to vote
    Necro. Dunno . Awful inaccurate shade on me. I've never met wolf Necro and also never seen him be so so so wrong
    quickbeam probably a wolf.
    sullivlo. Probably a wolf
    TheValeyard probably a wolf

tusk 1/3 but I have a village read. So the 1 in 3 likely doesn't apply then.

I'm struggling to decide if I should end the pain and vote myself or fight to the death. I so want a village win though.

Clara there's only 3 wolves, why have you 4 here? And why are they wolves? Explain it to me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Necro wrote: »
    I doubt there's a wolf in BH or tusk tbh (the other non-voters).

The fact that they munched Lough means it's a very small place to hide.

I just don't see either tusk or BH being as brazen with their play like that.

Yeah if we treat No Vote as a wagon in itself then it seems unlikely wolves munch into it.

Need to read over Lough's posts and see if there were any clues to him being vig or if wolves just got a 'lucky' shot. Losing vig in a small numbers game isnt the end of the world. If we find a wolf today we lynch 'em so it would likely have been a blind shot anyway and they don't always end well as I know all too well.

Advertisement