Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭hold my beer

So is there no tracking of the car if it got stolen? Seems silly if it has built in 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

VW told me my ID.4 First VIN is registered on their system as an ID.4 Pro ?? I thought that's the US model name and is much lower spec then the First.

We Connect support also cover Elli so they are dealing with my query regarding plans, supposedly being escalated to the technical department...
    I kept being asked "did your dealer tell you that you were a first mover" but they finally realised it only applied to ID.3

Whatever the plans turn out to be, they are for 3 years and must be started before 13 June 2022 to avail of the supposed discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭v10

So is there no tracking of the car if it got stolen? Seems silly if it has built in 4G.

Yeah thought the same myself. In fact I think the app lacks a lot of things the car is obviously capable of, for example doors locked/unlocked & windows open/closed status, odometer reading & location as you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭declan123

v10 wrote: »
    Yeah thought the same myself. In fact I think the app lacks a lot of things the car is obviously capable of, for example doors locked/unlocked & windows open/closed status, odometer reading & location as you mentioned.

I had a 2017 Audi before the ID.4 and the app did all of what you said above. Seems odd you buy a brand new car from the same VW stable and loose a whole load of app capabilities 4 years later. Hard to fathom the logic here seen as this is existing VW tech and not something they need to build from the ground up.

declan123 wrote: »
    I had a 2017 Audi before the ID.4 and the app did all of what you said above. Seems odd you buy a brand new car from the same VW stable and loose a whole load of app capabilities 4 years later. Hard to fathom the logic here seen as this is existing VW tech and not something they need to build from the ground up.

Same with my 2019 BMW. I think the standard WeConnect App (non ID version) does more from what I've seen ?!

• Advertisement

Does anyone else find it annoying that the volume & temperature buttons don't light up with the interior lighting in that dark ? They're impossible to see at night !

edit: or is it a fault in my car ??

550331.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Not a fault with your car. It is a well discussed design miss on VW's part.

Same with my 2019 BMW. I think the standard WeConnect App (non ID version) does more from what I've seen ?!

Hopefully they've rushed out the ID version of the app just to get something in place for owners. And they'll update it with various things as we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

May be a GDPR thing. The Nissan Leaf used to have a 'where is my car' feature, but they actually removed it in an update "because privacy".

cannco253 wrote: »
    VW told me my ID.4 First VIN is registered on their system as an ID.4 Pro ?? I thought that's the US model name and is much lower spec then the First.

That's correct (think it's actually Performance Pro?), although VW don't really make it obvious. Pure = 52kWh models. Pro = 77kWh models.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Does anyone else find it annoying that the volume & temperature buttons don't light up with the interior lighting in that dark ? They're impossible to see at night !

edit: or is it a fault in my car ??

550331.jpg

That's a feature. <Shifty eyes>
    VW really banking on "voice" being a major component of in car control

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Anyone get a knocking from the back left of the car - sounds like a shock or something? Have got it intermittently since the start but didn't pay much attention, but have since seen someone in the UK noticing the same thing.

Dealer!

Drove by forge hill. 3 blue dusk ID.4 lined up beside each other. Certainly the colour of choice

Plugged in for the evening. Preferred charging between 12.30 and 7am. Pulling 2.3kW for some reason straight away, and adding 11km/hr. Hopped into the car and disabled the scheduled departure set for tomorrow (car stopped charging) and enabled it again (car didn't start charging). Charge port flashing, suggesting it's scheduled to charge. The "goodbye" screen also suggests charging for Saturday at 7am (my scheduled departure time tomorrow).

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭gear_ie

Drove by forge hill. 3 blue dusk ID.4 lined up beside each other. Certainly the colour of choice

Have only seen one ID.4 in the wild in the Dundalk area... and again it was the blue one as will mine be if it ever gets here...

Making some progress through the VW factory at last...

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

gear_ie wrote: »
    Have only seen one ID.4 in the wild in the Dundalk area... and again it was the blue one as will mine be if it ever gets here...

Making some progress through the VW factory at last...

Where are you able to see those updates?

dave oc wrote: »
    Where are you able to see those updates?

I asked the dealer to send me the latest factory update and he sent me that... pity I can't just check online myself :rolleyes:

I asked the dealer to send me the latest factory update and he sent me that... pity I can't just check online myself :rolleyes:

Also, is that a max or standard 1st? Still waiting to get any update on mine, so starting to think it’s going to be a long time before I see it…

dave oc wrote: »
    Also, is that a max or standard 1st? Still waiting to get any update on mine, so starting to think it’s going to be a long time before I see it…

Yeah it's the Max. Ordered it in mid-December... told the dealer it will be a 212 reg by the time it gets here... :eek:

Did you order the Max too?

Yeah it's the Max. Ordered it in mid-December... told the dealer it will be a 212 reg by the time it gets here... :eek:

Did you order the Max too?

No just a standard 1st at the start of March, didn’t think it would take this long to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

There seems to be a lot of apps out there for public charge point locations. Any recommendations or just use Google maps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Was quoted €46,215 for the Life (€45,540 plus €675 for metallic paint). 4 years ago I always got impression an EV was €10,000 more than diesel etc and that still seems to be the case to me.

Also what is the standard delivery charge? I assume it has been included in my quote?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

forumdedum wrote: »
    Was quoted €46,215 for the Life (€45,540 plus €675 for metallic paint). 4 years ago I always got impression an EV was €10,000 more than diesel etc and that still seems to be the case to me.

Also what is the standard delivery charge? I assume it has been included in my quote?

How much is an automatic 2.0TDI/1.5TSI Tiguan in Life spec?

Keep in mind the non EV will only be 150BHP in FWD. The ID4 is 204BHP and RWD.

Edit: just looked it up myself and the Tiguan in 2.0 TDI is €42,690 on the calculator. The ID4 is €44,995.

I picked Life spec and only added paint to each. Would a better comparison be the Tiguan Allspace to match the interior space of the ID4 though? Either way there isn't 10k in the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How much is an automatic 2.0TDI/1.5TSI Tiguan in Life spec?

Keep in mind the non EV will only be 150BHP in FWD. The ID4 is 204BHP and RWD.

Edit: just looked it up myself and the Tiguan in 2.0 TDI is €42,690 on the calculator. The ID4 is €44,995.

I picked Life spec and only added paint to each. Would a better comparison be the Tiguan Allspace to match the interior space of the ID4 though? Either way there isn't 10k in the difference.

You make good points. I don't know what model of Tiguan would be equivalent. My Tiguan is Highline, not an automatic 2.0 TDI. Paid around €37,000 for it 4 years ago.

A new car is always a new car :-)

Down South wrote: »
    There seems to be a lot of apps out there for public charge point locations. Any recommendations or just use Google maps?

The We Connect ID app has a map in it that shows all the chargers. I've just been using that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,477 ✭✭✭eagerv

The We Connect ID app has a map in it that shows all the chargers. I've just been using that.

I don't think the We Connect app picks up the Easygo ones though, which I find handy at times particularly at Lidls. Also Ecars not always up to date on VW app, so handy using Ecars app as well.

Didn't know that. I rocked up to a ChargePoint charger last week thinking I could use the ESB card to pay. No such luck.

So it's multiple apps and multiple cards. Think I'll just charge at home at all times.

eagerv wrote: »
    I don't think the We Connect app picks up the Easygo ones though, which I find handy at times particularly at Lidls. Also Ecars not always up to date on VW app, so handy using Ecars app as well.

Have you tried Plugshare ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,112 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Didn't know that. I rocked up to a ChargePoint charger last week thinking I could use the ESB card to pay. No such luck.

So it's multiple apps and multiple cards. Think I'll just charge at home at all times.

That's the cheapest way, current night rate is just over 5c per kWh, about a quarter of the ESB AC rate.

Would you go to a petrol station that charged 4 times as much for petrol? :)

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Imagine driving in the U.K ? I believe it's even worse, card for this, fob for that, app for another etc.

In the U.S one company allows you pay by credit/debit card, this is the way it should be.

You don't go into a petrol station and have multiple currencies to pay for Petrol or Diesel, you pay in Euros.

Charging should be easy, roll up, plug in swipe credit/Debit card and that's it. Anyone who wants to use apps and fobs and all that crap should come 2nd in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Another email from VW received this morning.....

Dear Volkswagen customer,

We are pleased to support you with your request about the mobile online services with the case number 0000XXXX.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you have not received feedback to your request so far.

In order to provide you with an answer as quickly as possible we are in a continuous exchange with our expert department, who are already working on a solution.

Hence we would like to ask you for a little more patience and as soon as we have further information, we will contact you immediately.

Yours sincerely,
    Your Volkswagen Team

Advertisement