Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

forumdedum wrote: »
    After checking 135km round trip. I would so prefer to have plenty of range. I would have bought an EV years ago if range was better.

Funny I nearly bought the i3 years ago but it always ended up around the €50,000 which was too much. EVs new are still very pricey imo.

Really disappointed I missed out on the 1st.

I have little tolerance of extras being removed, particularly in Ireland. I remember having the basic Audi A4 and when I told an Audi sale rep while in holiday in USA what I had gotten for the equivalent in $ he was truly shocked. In USA I could have had an S-Line high end car.

Might still be a first somewhere in the country. If you're really to buy today, ring every dealer tomorrow and find one.

If your 135km trip is mixed driving, you'd probably have about 250km range. If it's a Dublin to Cork drive, expect at least 1 charge. Most likely 2 according to abrp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭deravarra

After checking 135km round trip. I would so prefer to have plenty of range. I would have bought an EV years ago if range was better.

Funny I nearly bought the i3 years ago but it always ended up around the €50,000 which was too much. EVs new are still very pricey imo.

I have little tolerance of extras being removed, particularly in Ireland. I remember having the basic Audi A4 and when I told an Audi sale rep while in holiday in USA what I had gotten for the equivalent in $ he was truly shocked. In USA I could have had an S-Line high end car.

Some would have you believe it's all to do with taxes. It's definitely not. Pre tax price in Ireland on some cars is much more than you would pay elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Might still be a first somewhere in the country. If you're really to buy today, ring every dealer tomorrow and find one.

If your 135km trip is mixed driving, you'd probably have about 250km range. If it's a Dublin to Cork drive, expect at least 1 charge. Most likely 2 according to abrp.

Not sure I'm ready to buy today but would consider. I'd be hoping to trade in my Tiguan (which I still really like)

I don't drive to Cork much, only if going on holiday.

I'll definitely look into it.

deravarra wrote: »
    Some would have you believe it's all to do with taxes. It's definitely not. Pre tax price in Ireland on some cars is much more than you would pay elsewhere.

Well a long time ago Bertie Ahern raised the VRT from £50 (punt) to the thousands we pay today. A sneaky move it has been said.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭eko

Jofspring wrote: »
    Been looking at the style too. 10k for the extra battery size and horsepower is very saucey and hard to justify. It's also a pity you can't add the electric tailgate as an extra.

Agreed; the options list is slim pickings for the Style - we added the power seats, but no option for powered tailgate or panoramic roof for the smaller battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fraggle00

Is the connect app and VW website down for everyone or just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Fraggle00 wrote: »
    Is the connect app and VW website down for everyone or just me?

Yep, can't log into the App

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

App and website has been down since this morning.

Latest email from We Connect support below. I also asked them why Irish users pay more then German users....left hand - right hand, clear as mud

Dear Mr xyz

Thank you for your reply.

Please allow us to explain, if you own the ID.3/ID4 pure with the 50kw battery then the monthly fee is:

For the Go 7,49 Euro.
    For the Plus: 17,49 Euro.

If you own the ID.3/ID.4 Pro,Pro S,Max etc or the Pure with the 100KW battery then the monthly fees are as follows:

For the Go 0.00 Euro.
    For the Plus: 9,99 Euro.

We hope the above cleared things up.

Alternatively, you may call our direct line 800 – 930066 (around the clock, 7 days a week), for any further detailed information. Your case reference is 0000704140.

We wish you always safe and pleasant journeys with your Volkswagen.

Kind regards,
    Your Digital Service Team

cannco253 wrote: »

Latest email from We Connect support below. I also asked them why Irish users pay more then German users....left hand - right hand, clear as mud

Dear Mr xyz

Please allow us to explain, if you own the ID.3/ID4 pure with the 50kw battery then the monthly fee is:

For the Go 7,49 Euro.

If you own the ID.3/ID.4 Pro,Pro S,Max etc or the Pure with the 100KW battery then the monthly fees are as follows:

For the Go 0.00 Euro.

Alternatively, you may call our direct line 800 – 930066 (around the clock, 7 days a week), for any further detailed information. Your case reference is 0000704140.

Kind regards,

So we should get go for free then, no? You follow up to enquire how we get that rate rather than the 7.49 the app says?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Summer8181

Few interesting points above. I have an ID4 and I'll tell you my experience. I've done a few road trips.

There are a few factors that you need to account for. Someone good with figures can calculate. You can use price at 11c and 32c per kWh. Cheapest and most expensive 11kWh up to 50kWh. Car has 82kWh battery but only 77kWh usable. When you charge battery to 100%, it is 82Kwh.

My car will do 500km at between 90-100km/hr. Outside temperature 15 degrees C , no breeze and dry roads. Car heater level 1 at 20 degrees.

125km/hr you you will only get 280-300km. Temperature 8-14 degrees.

If it is 1 or 2 degrees outside car takes 30 minutes to warm battery and car is thirsty. Good idea to charge battery for 20 minutes before you depart.

Summer driving mixed driving, easy to get 400-450 km. I believe based on cold morning driving that you will get somewhere between 300-350KM during winter months.

Car doesn't like windy conditions or climbing hills. Car will roll for miles down hills in D mode.

• Advertisement

Summer8181 wrote: »
    . When you charge battery to 100%, it is 82Kwh.

Not exactly. While the capacity is 82kWh, the bottom 2-3kWh is never depleted, and the top 2-3kWh is never charged ( don't know the split between top and bottom). So when you charge to full, you're really only charging about 80kWh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Classic Paddy spec issue. I don’t really understand the reasons for P spec, is it the that the dealers are a robbing baxtards or is to do with vrt.

Thanks Knight. Wasn't quite sure. Was measuring it using the meter box and knew by the units used that it was more than 77. Knew there was little drain during the night but there could be a unit or 2.

So who will work out cost per km at 11c and 32c per unit? Vs cost of diesel at 133c per litre. Price of diesel will only increase but that is for another day.

I can't add 2 + 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Thanks Knight. Wasn't quite sure. Was measuring it using the meter box and knew by the units used that it was more than 77. Knew there was little drain during the night but there could be a unit or 2.

So who will work out cost per km at 11c and 32c per unit? Vs cost of diesel at 133c per litre. Price of diesel will only increase but that is for another day.

I can't add 2 + 2

Depends on km covered.

Depends on km covered.

Use the average 400km. Realistic and achievable

Classic Paddy spec issue. I don’t really understand the reasons for P spec, is it the that the dealers are a robbing baxtards or is to do with vrt.

Good question

Car doesn't like windy conditions or climbing hills. Car will roll for miles down hills in D mode.

Thanks for all your tips. Great to hear from an owner.

When you say car doesn't like windy conditions or climbing hills do you mean it struggles or just uses up more of the available range?

Generally EVs can be run for about 1/5 the fuel costs of diesel.

My old Passat CC was costing me about €850 a year in fuel, and my old Ioniq EV was costing me about €150 a year. ID.4 will cost me a bit more, closer to €200 a year i'd imagine. Add ~€50 for public charging I might do during the year, and that's pretty generous for me.

77kWh battery, doing 400km on a full charge = 0.1925kWh per km. My cost per kWh at night is 6cent, so 1.155cent per 1km of driving.

Wow. Who are you with for your electricity. Electric Ireland are about 11c on night rate. Is 6c Inc. VAT?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Wow. Who are you with for your electricity. Electric Ireland are about 11c on night rate. Is 6c Inc. VAT?

Energia are 6c. They even have a 4c night rate but that puts your day rate up by 2c I think.

Energia are 6c. They even have a 4c night rate but that puts your day rate up by 2c I think.

Thanks. Don't want to change from Electric Ireland. Day rate and standing charges. Are they similar rates. Always a catch

Think my ID4 is 2.2c per Km night rate. ICE was 6.2c per km. Rough figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has driven the "148HP" version of the ID.4. I don't need the range of the bigger battery version but am worried about the power of the smaller battery one; it's a heavy car.

On the "204HP" one, I'm curious how it drives. Because there's obviously plenty around it but I'm guessing that you don't exactly fly around in this style of car. I've always had nippy hatchbacks and have come close to buying an ID.3 but I'm not mad about the look of it (especially the weird unibrow on the bonnet), whereas I've loved the ID.4 from when I first saw it.

Thanks.

Must be 6c plus VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

cannco253 wrote: »

Dear Mr xyz

For the Go 7,49 Euro.

For the Go 0.00 Euro.

Kind regards,

So did you reply and say "that's great. I own an ID4. 1st, please ensure that I receive GO for zero per month?" :-)

It was 4c, but they increased prices on April 5th I think. It's 6c now. Day rate is like 18c I think. All including vat

Thanks. Don't want to change from Electric Ireland. Day rate and standing charges. Are they similar rates. Always a catch

Think my ID4 is 2.2c per Km night rate. ICE was 6.2c per km. Rough figures.

Day rate is 18c, standing charge is 230 odd.

If you're getting 33c and 11c, you could probably blindly pick any energy provider and get a better rate. Switch, save hundreds. Use bonkers.ie to get a better idea what you can save

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has driven the "148HP" version of the ID.4. I don't need the range of the bigger battery version but am worried about the power of the smaller battery one; it's a heavy car.

On the "204HP" one, I'm curious how it drives. Because there's obviously plenty around it but I'm guessing that you don't exactly fly around in this style of car. I've always had nippy hatchbacks and have come close to buying an ID.3 but I'm not mad about the look of it (especially the weird unibrow on the bonnet), whereas I've loved the ID.4 from when I first saw it.

Thanks.

I don't think the 148hp ones are in Ireland yet. The 1st edition 204hp is nippy enough. You can feel it's a big car though and certainly not as nippy as my old ioniq. For reference, the ioniq has 120hp I think, and was 600kg lighter. Taking 50hp away wouldn't kill the car, but it certainly reaffirms it's "city" status.

Thanks for all your tips. Great to hear from an owner.

When you say car doesn't like windy conditions or climbing hills do you mean it struggles or just uses up more of the available range?

More range, just like any car really,. Plenty of power to get up hills etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

App and website are back working today

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Anyone get a knocking from the back left of the car - sounds like a shock or something? Have got it intermittently since the start but didn't pay much attention, but have since seen someone in the UK noticing the same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Anyone get a knocking from the back left of the car - sounds like a shock or something? Have got it intermittently since the start but didn't pay much attention, but have since seen someone in the UK noticing the same thing.

Is it an really small software engineer hiding in some small space getting frustrated?:D:D:D:D

Advertisement