Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will Jesus return?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭dd973

Probably about 33, after City have sold him onto Real Madrid and Inter Milan respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Didn't he return as Ian Brown?

🙈🙉🙊

Can anyone help me track down this piece of scripture, or maybe it's from some ancillary text?

When I was in school, we were taught that Jesus already walks, or rather sits, among us as a beggar on the roadside.

Always found that equally as alarming as it is useful. I'm an agnostic, but you don't need to believe in biblical Jesus to know that he's real in another context, and probably a beggar.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pints?

8 year olds dude.

I am the walrus

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Trump said yesterday he was the second coming of god. I'm not sure if that means Jesus or not tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Probably sooner than we can get out of here.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ChrisJ84

Can anyone help me track down this piece of scripture, or maybe it's from some ancillary text?

When I was in school, we were taught that Jesus already walks, or rather sits, among us as a beggar on the roadside.

Always found that equally as alarming as it is useful. I'm an agnostic, but you don't need to believe in biblical Jesus to know that he's real in another context, and probably a beggar.

I reckon you're thinking of Matthew 25, specifically verses 35-40.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

knockers84 wrote: »
    It’s been 2019 years now, surely due an appearance?
    The messiah is not one man.

Its echad. The unity of all men in harmony grace and kindness.

Its enough acts of kindness from all of us to save the world. And its the tiny act of kindness that made the tiniest difference.

I'm an agnostic, but you don't need to believe in biblical Jesus to know that he's real in another context, and probably a beggar.

He was a rabbi.

ChrisJ84 wrote: »
    I reckon you're thinking of Matthew 25, specifically verses 35-40.
    Thank you!

I've been searching for that piece of scripture for ages. Probably the most important biblical verses of all.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

• Advertisement

Pints? wrote: »
    I am the walrus
    Coo coo ka choo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

When will Jesus return?

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

He's already been. He returned two days after the end of the first appearance. That's it. No mention of third coming.

If you think you are a Savior you're not. Real saviors just think they are normal people doing the normal right thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thank you!

I've been searching for that piece of scripture for ages. Probably the most important biblical verses of all.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

These words are the guides and reason for living for my faith family and I. It is all we live and believe in and we give all for this sheer utter beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,465 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Was he here in the first place??? is it all one big myth that snowballed over time?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I hope there is something after this whether it be Jesus or whatnot.

I've good people gone who I want to meet again.

Death is such a daunting concept. We'll all have to do it on our own some day.

Death is such a daunting concept. We'll all have to do it on our own some day.

Dying is such a daunting concept. Death isn't anything to worry about.

I absolutely loved The Brothers Karamazov. In it is one of Dostoevsky's most famous existential writings, which was subsequently published as a separate section entitled The Grand Inquisitor. It covers this question of what happens if/when Jesus returns. A great read:

Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Grand Inquisitor (1881)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Hmmm

Hmmm

You'll have to hum a bit more. Give us a clue - is the artist alive or dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Dying is such a daunting concept. Death isn't anything to worry about.
    I don't know tbh.

I think the fires could be burning for me when I go.

I don't know tbh.

I think the fires could be burning for me when I go.

The good news is that you're not important enough for an all powerful being to be occupied with you, the same way you don't care about that pebble a few feet away from your front door. It's not plausible.

The bad news, neither would she care about the likes of Adolf Hitler, Jack the Rippper or Donald Trump.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

khalessi wrote: »
    Im thinking after a nice lunch. cos lets face it supper didnt work out for him

And he can get the word out by posting a pic of said lunch on his Instagram story.

Why wouldn't he make an appearance. Social media was made for the liked of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭champchamp

I dunno. The first miracle he performed was managing to be born 4 years before himself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronology_of_Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

knockers84 wrote: »
    It’s been 2019 years now, surely due an appearance?

If you got dragged though the streets, nailed to a cross and left up there for a few days before being speared.

You wouldn't be in any hurry to come back again either...my guess is he keeps finding some reason or other to keep postponing the trip.

Anyhow if he does come again he will probably keep his mouth shut this time!.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

fryup wrote: »
    Was he here in the first place??? is it all one big myth that snowballed over time?

Young wan gets knocked up by a mysterious stranger..Story snowballed WAAAYYYY out of control.
    Some cover story in fairness.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

1st of November.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I don't know but he has definitely left Chicago.

Advertisement