Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Announcement at 12 today. Wonder if it's confirming new acts or new line up altogether? https://twitter.com/ATNfestival/status/1336610727642148865?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Bastards pushed it out til 5 with a sneaky edit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

For the first time this year I am confident that festivals and gigs will be back next year. Mass vaccination will start in January I'd imagine by Spring time the program will have been rolled out to a sizable amount of health care workers, nursing home staff and the over 70's. After that most likely those with pre-conditions will be targeted. This means come the summer season those most at risk will be vaccinated and immune from the virus, meaning it is "safer" to attend events such as gigs. I think using ticketmaster to prove you've been vaccinated or tested negative is null and void if the mass vaccination program takes off, and has been mentioned by others, there will most likely be a number of approved vaccines by that stage so there should not be a supply and demand issue.

*Glass half-full

i have a feeling it'll then be onto "we have to see if the vaccine works" for the rest of the year before we get big events.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

Underworld are one of the headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

Is Underworld the full announcement or is there more to follow at 5?

• Advertisement

possibly daily headliner each hour and then a poster at 5 with smaller names?

possibly daily headliner each hour and then a poster at 5 with smaller names?

Oooof imagine that

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Well I realise it's quite soon since they last headlined but i'm fookin delighted with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭rubick

Ah lads, great news there re: Underworld. Been working my way through the Drift Boxed Set this past few weeks on the commute to work, there's some fantastic material throughout. Looking forward to hearing it live!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Think that's it for announcements today.....more to be announced in the new year. At least I get another shot at making it to Underworld!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Underworld are one of the headliners

Not exactly blowing the doors off with this, seeing they headlined the sat night in 2018. Meh

Not exactly blowing the doors off with this, seeing they headlined the sat night in 2018. Meh

I know it's a quick enough repeat booking but that Saturday night the first year was absolutely insane.

Delighted to see them back.

Maybe it's just me but I don't have the energy to critique lineups this year. Just let me back in a field with some flashing lights and music pls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

D.Q wrote: »

Maybe it's just me but I don't have the energy to critique lineups this year. Just let me back in a field with some flashing lights and music pls

Totally agree with you about this, and was there in 2018 but I suppose I was just hoping for something really more exciting. Can't fathom what that is, but thats my feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭RINO87

I'd take Brendan Shine and Brush Shiels at this stage, so very happy that I can plan to see Underworld again!

I'm allowing myself to get excited but there's a niggling voice in my head.

Are they just pushing ahead under the premise that the pandemic will be done with by then.

Someone reassure me pls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭RINO87

What else can they do? testing everyone on the way in is not going to work for many reasons

RINO87 wrote: »
    What else can they do? testing everyone on the way in is not going to work for many reasons

Haha they could barely get us in without a plague the last time

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

I know it's a quick enough repeat booking but that Saturday night the first year was absolutely insane.

Delighted to see them back.

Yes to all of the above!

I'm allowing myself to get excited but there's a niggling voice in my head.

Are they just pushing ahead under the premise that the pandemic will be done with by then.

Someone reassure me pls

Enough folk will be vaccinated by then for us to enjoy cans and tunes in a field....believe!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Bit the bullet and bought tickets today, I'm living under the assumption that all will be right in the world again next year. Buzzing to be in a festival bubble for 3 days again. Delighted with Underworld, the 2018 set was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Ah yeah, thrilled with this! The 2018 set was one of those that stay with you forever. I also have a ticket for the Sunday of FF which Underworld (and Hotchip) were supposed to headline so I might be seeing them twice in a little over 2 months but after this year I will definitely not be complaining!

Taking nothing for granted next year!! Be happy with any gig at this stage :D Have a few postponed gigs from 2020 to go to next year as well, so its shaping up to be a good one

Taking nothing for granted next year!! Be happy with any gig at this stage :D Have a few postponed gigs from 2020 to go to next year as well, so its shaping up to be a good one

I even bought tickets for the doves in April, such is my optimism for a quick resumption of normality!

Le Bruise wrote: »
    I even bought tickets for the doves in April, such is my optimism for a quick resumption of normality!

Where are they playing?? Love them, seen them support Noely G in Malahide Castle a few years back, great set - lashed rain the whole time but I didn't care :)

Where are they playing?? Love them, seen them support Noely G in Malahide Castle a few years back, great set - lashed rain the whole time but I didn't care :)

Olympia. Can’t wait, haven’t seen them since 2005 (at Oxegen....before it got all dancey)!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Le Bruise wrote: »

Oh, nice one! I went for IDLES in Vicar St in May fully expecting it to be postponed but at least I'll have a ticket for the re-arranged date. That was my thinking anyway.

Might have a look at Doves tickets. I have a postponed Green Day concert in June and then bought tickets a while back for Fontaines DC in July, really hoping both go ahead! Have had the Green Day ticket for like 2 years now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Any other year, we would all be "lazy booking", "lacks imagination".

First time I saw then was on a mid week night in the Bridge Hotel in Waterford early 1996 with about 50 people in the place. Rez/Cowgirl was a stand out and the original Born Slippy (in my mind that was played, but I can't be sure).

I love Underworld. Have seen them loads of times over the years, but even I was a bit "ah jaysus" when I saw this today.

• Advertisement

They told us they were booking Underworld back in October except none of us were paying attention

Advertisement