Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I have a little theory. Hear me out :)

I was wondering why more outdoor gigs and festivals have not been cancelled given its March now and that got me thinking. Government saying that they have the IT capabilities to produce a vaccination “green pass” allowing people to go to places like gyms and theatres/cinemas etc
    They are waiting to see how it goes in Israel. I wonder is this why more festivals and outdoor gigs haven’t yet been shelved yet. I mean if 2 million people are vaxed by the end of June’s (that’s under their estimate) then why not open up for those people? Not for those people per se but for those who’s livelihoods have been ****ed...a lot will not survive another loveless/musicless/danceless summer. So... I’m a little optimistic given what I’ve just outlined

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

I have a little theory. Hear me out :)

I was wondering why more outdoor gigs and festivals have not been cancelled given its March now and that got me thinking. Government saying that they have the IT capabilities to produce a vaccination “green pass” allowing people to go to places like gyms and theatres/cinemas etc
    They are waiting to see how it goes in Israel. I wonder is this why more festivals and outdoor gigs haven’t yet been shelved yet. I mean if 2 million people are vaxed by the end of June’s (that’s under their estimate) then why not open up for those people? Not for those people per se but for those who’s livelihoods have been ****ed...a lot will not survive another loveless/musicless/danceless summer. So... I’m a little optimistic given what I’ve just outlined

Refusing entry would be discrimination based upon medical/health status? Its the reason you cant refuse to hire someone because they are HIV +

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Refusing entry would be discrimination based upon medical/health status? Its the reason you cant refuse to hire someone because they are HIV +

I was refused a position in the army because I have asthma.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭antfin

HIV would come under the disability category in the Equal Status Acts. The lack of a vaccination wouldn't fit within the definition of that category or any of the nine defined grounds of discrimination.

antfin wrote: »
    HIV would come under the disability category in the Equal Status Acts. The lack of a vaccination wouldn't fit within the definition of that category or any of the nine defined grounds of discrimination.

cough cough, long Covid ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

What songs are people looking to hear from Iggy Pop when he plays ATN this summer?

I hope he plays Wild One, the Passenger and Lust for Life. I'm not overly familiar with the rest of his work. What should I be on the look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

What songs are people looking to hear from Iggy Pop when he plays ATN this summer?

I hope he plays Wild One, the Passenger and Lust for Life. I'm not overly familiar with the rest of his work. What should I be on the look out for?

His most recent album with Josh Homme QOTSA and Matt Helders Arctic Monkeys is pretty amazing.

Unfortunately he rarely plays these songs live. Sunday, Paraguay and American Valhalla are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Wooderson

"When" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wouldn't mind hearing TV Eye, I Wanna be your dog and a few other Stooges classics thrown in there too. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Wooderson wrote: »
    "When" :p

Yes, when. All Together Now is inevitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

Really :eek:

Awesome, this is the news I’ve been waiting for :P

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

As much as I am usually a glass half full person I just can't see how ATN goes ahead as a full festival. Or at all. There is no certainty from the government at the moment, no roadmap to reopening. The best we can hope for IMO is a few open air, reduced capacity gigs later in the summer.

As much as I am usually a glass half full person I just can't see how ATN goes ahead as a full festival. Or at all. There is no certainty from the government at the moment, no roadmap to reopening. The best we can hope for IMO is a few open air, reduced capacity gigs later in the summer.

Most likely correct. But just in case...I bought tickets to Wildroots in Sligo which is in the middle of Aug. They have a plan for a Covid safe run festival and it’s a small festival pretty well spread out apparently so that’s the back up plan.

Might do Sunflower Festival in Northern Ireland this year, it normally occurs around the same weekend as ATN and there is more of a chance that small events catering for 5,000 will get the go ahead in the North anyway.

https://www.sunflowerfest.co.uk/

Edit: I see its been put back one week into the end of July.

Might do Sunflower Festival in Northern Ireland this year, it normally occurs around the same weekend as ATN and there is more of a chance that small events catering for 5,000 will get the go ahead in the North anyway.

https://www.sunflowerfest.co.uk/

July in the North, are you mad? :eek:

July in the North, are you mad? :eek:

The reports I hear are its like Northern Ireland's Body&Soul, so pretty mellowed out with similar lineups to the fringe areas of the Body&Soul festival, aka artists like Cian Finn, Will Softly and the like and a few reasonable headliners too like Bad Manners etc.

The reports I hear are its like Northern Ireland's Body&Soul, so pretty mellowed out with similar lineups to the fringe areas of the Body&Soul festival, aka artists like Cian Finn, Will Softly and the like and a few reasonable headliners too like Bad Manners etc.

I take it you haven't spent much time up north in July? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just saw their Twitter...

https://twitter.com/sunflower_fest/status/1368332199087534081?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

Looks like they're quietly preparing anyway. Trader applications open for this year.

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/traders

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

desk tidy wrote: »
    Looks like they're quietly preparing anyway. Trader applications open for this year.

https://www.alltogethernow.ie/traders

They pretty much have to. Need to do everything possible to try attempt have event, ensure funding is there for next years event. Far easier to do this and then cancel/postpone later in year/closer to event which most likely will happen

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

They pretty much have to. Need to do everything possible to try attempt have event, ensure funding is there for next years event. Far easier to do this and then cancel/postpone later in year/closer to event which most likely will happen

Yeah EP might have a chance but this has to be a write off at this stage. Still I'll hold onto a wee bit of hope until they say otherwise.

desk tidy wrote: »
    Yeah EP might have a chance but this has to be a write off at this stage. Still I'll hold onto a wee bit of hope until they say otherwise.

If it does go ahead they would have to cut capacity from the 22,000 last year, a more realistic to End of the Road festival capacity like 10,000 or 15,000, so somewhere between EOTR and Body & Soul capacity would be more realistic. Judging by the way things are going at the moment it doesn't look likely unless we get that vaccine rollout kick started.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ab4248

Online event?

ab4248 wrote: »
    Online event?

They still have this up too (see attachment). The hardest part is not knowing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

ab4248 wrote: »
    Online event?

Seems just like another event piggy backing on it by looks of it. Unless they will do some sort of online festival to generate hype for next year or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

We all know that we won't be going to Portlaw this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I'd say theres more of a chance of pubs opening back up tomorrow than there is of a festival in Portlaw in August!

I need to believe there’s some chance for the old mental health! My plan B is Wildroots in Sligo later in August, much smaller event and they are still very hopeful. They believe that antigen testing and the vaccine passport could play a big part. They are already onsite building infrastructure.

• Advertisement

I think I heard rumours that Body & Soul is looking to a September date. I can’t find anything on that though, anyone else hear that?

Advertisement