Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

Underworld and Iggy is great for me so far. If they managed to get King Gizz booked again I'd be over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

desk tidy wrote: »
    Underworld and Iggy is great for me so far. If they managed to get King Gizz booked again I'd be over the moon.

Wonder will they do bells & circles together

maybe ATN are putting together the trainspotting soundtrack for us haha

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭desk tidy

D.Q wrote: »
    maybe ATN are putting together the trainspotting soundtrack for us haha

In that case, New Order please. Another guest opp for Iggy too, get their money's worth out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,467 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Didn't get a refund for my tickets for 2020 so they carry over to next year, 100% agree that normally I would be on here saying its a lazy booking blah blah blah, but right now the thoughts of seeing underworld at ATN IN August sounds pretty fecking good! Festivals have a free pass next year - lineups will not be judged for once! Hopefully they go ahead. It feels like this summer never really happened due to having no festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

Hi all, are campervan tickets for this sold out already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭RINO87

Hi all, are campervan tickets for this sold out already?

They did sell out pretty fast when tickets originally went on Sale in late 2019. You could get lucky and there will be a re-sale of returned tickets if any. Probably ask ATN directly.

Failing that keep an eye on toutless closer to the summer. I dont think the passes have been issued yet. (Havent received mine anyway!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭homosapien91

Didn't get a refund for my tickets for 2020 so they carry over to next year, 100% agree that normally I would be on here saying its a lazy booking blah blah blah, but right now the thoughts of seeing underworld at ATN IN August sounds pretty fecking good! Festivals have a free pass next year - lineups will not be judged for once! Hopefully they go ahead. It feels like this summer never really happened due to having no festivals.

Definitely feels like this summer never happened, I keep referring to next summer as summer 2020 haha

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

So, I presume the first main lineup announcement will be February, per previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Well folks. How is everyone feeling now? My end of 2020 optimism has now, unfortunately, been replaced by pessimism for 2021. It’s getting more and more difficult to envisage gigs or festivals. Maybe EP. I hope the event organisers are working on some sort of test or vaccine requirements. I’ll struggle mentally this year if there is no return so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

Rumor B&S moving to sept , maybe ATN might follow suit, Weather has been better in Sept for past few years .

Edit. just read govs level 1 protocols, and a max of 500 outdoors, not a snowballs chance in hell any concert or festival will be running this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Damn a paywall ah well.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rumor B&S moving to sept , maybe ATM might follow suit, Weather has been better in Sept for past few years .

Edit. just read govs level 1 protocols, and a max of 500 outdoors, not a snowballs chance in hell any concert or festival will be running this year.

But even small gigs will be good for the sanity anyway, problem with 500 capacity is all tickets will fly out the door as everyone will want some. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Don't think they will say anything different at this stage. Lot can change between now and August but think when decisions need to be made, council give approval etc I'm not sure thousands gathering together will be possible unfortunately. Hoping for next summer

Damn a paywall ah well.

That’s weird because I do t have a subscription.

It's mad - before Christmas I was very optimistic about this going ahead, even started getting more work done on the van to have her ship shape for summer, and then the cases exploded.... Seemed the idea of getting to a festival was very far fetched - but then we saw that vaccinations are going well and are being ramped up, so I would like to remain hopeful that something can happen in August.

How to organize something on this scale, with so many unknowns tho is something else. It's a real gamble for the production crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Well folks. How is everyone feeling now? My end of 2020 optimism has now, unfortunately, been replaced by pessimism for 2021. It’s getting more and more difficult to envisage gigs or festivals. Maybe EP. I hope the event organisers are working on some sort of test or vaccine requirements. I’ll struggle mentally this year if there is no return so fingers crossed.

Certainly finding it harder to keep my optimism about ATN, but still clinging on to a semblance of hope.

If we get good news on further vaccines speeding up the timeline and also if it comes to pass that the vaccines break transmission, we could be out of this way earlier than September!?

There's also a chance (albeit slim) that they could start up the gigs/festival circuit once all over 55's/vulnerable are done (circa June time currently), with a negative test/vaccination certificate to gain entry. There'll be some serious lobbying going on I'm sure, as another summer of no gatherings will be the death knell for many small/medium sized festivals (and their associated enterprises)!

Not sure when ATN would have to make a call on it, but come springtime we should know way more about how the rest of the year will go.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I read a pithy observation in the fitness forum that the reason why they decided to close the gyms is because the people who make these decisions dont go to the gyms.

So hopefully Varadkar will come storming back into power and do whatever it takes to make the summer festival season work!

I read a pithy observation in the fitness forum that the reason why they decided to close the gyms is because the people who make these decisions dont go to the gyms.

So hopefully Varadkar will come storming back into power and do whatever it takes to make the summer festival season work!

Sure he's still in government. ha He's brought up EP happening while ago before but more out of hope than expectation I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

As much as I desperately need a festival, post Christmas I've started to get less optimistic. Think EP has a tiny shot, but ATN could be a month too soon.

I reckon the country will be in a much much better place by August, probably in a good enough position for the festival to happen if you could click your fingers and book bands and pop the site up magically, but its the work needed beforehand that makes me doubt it.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    As much as I desperately need a festival, post Christmas I've started to get less optimistic. Think EP has a tiny shot, but ATN could be a month too soon.

I reckon the country will be in a much much better place by August, probably in a good enough position for the festival to happen if you could click your fingers and book bands and pop the site up magically, but its the work needed beforehand that makes me doubt it.

Yeah that would be my thinking too. I think it might come a bit too soon with all planning involved, insurance, getting artists over, approval from council etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Eod100 wrote: »
    Sure he's still in government. ha He's brought up EP happening while ago before but more out of hope than expectation I'd say.

Leo is a regular in the Flyefit in Blanch

Glastonbury just gone bang....

I know the logistics involved there are on another level, and it's a bit earlier in the year, but it doesnt look good :(

RINO87 wrote: »
    Glastonbury just gone bang....

I know the logistics involved there are on another level, and it's a bit earlier in the year, but it doesnt look good :(

I fear the rest will fall now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

I see bluedot posted yesterday hinting that they are planning to run the festival this summer, UK plan to open up fully end of June (may or may not happen). I suppose for the UK festivals there is a massive pool of acts within their borders so running a festival, with all the travel restrictions in place, is doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭rubick

Reading & Leeds going ahead this year according to Sky News, weekend before EP.

rubick wrote: »
    Reading & Leeds going ahead this year according to Sky News, weekend before EP.

Planning to anyway alright. Be interesting to see if actually does!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

UK festivals in the late summer have at least a fighting chance.

I'm a little bit more optimistic now that ATN has some sort of a chance - albeit on a much smaller scale, with only Irish acts. People wont care, like I said earlier I'd happily take Brendan Shine and Brush Shiels at this stage.

• Advertisement

I wonder have they tried to secure a later date like Wildroots have done. Mid September perhaps...it would be cold be feck it like!

Advertisement