Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

RINO87 wrote: »
    Now that I think about it, have government really shafted the promoters and handed insurance companies a get out of jail free card by making it a licence issue??
    Technically they have not cancelled the event, the event just won't get a licence to proceed....
    If you fail to get a licence isn't the onus on the promoters??

I guess they're not even processing licences for public health reasons so that might make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'd imagine most concert insurance policies would cover licence refusal?

Anyway, it's not as if an event with 4999 people will just be allowed to go ahead either. This is purely a directive to the local licensing authorities not to issue the licences that are required for events over 5000. I'd bet a lot of money that large events up to 5000 will still be banned throughout the summer too. We banned gatherings of more than 100 people in March, there's no hope that'll be lifted in May, so that restriction will probably still apply come August/September too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭RINO87

Ya hope you are right.

Now I could be very very wrong here, but didn't bare in the woods loose their shirts a few years back due to not getting a licence?

I'd imagine most concert insurance policies would cover licence refusal?

Anyway, it's not as if an event with 4999 people will just be allowed to go ahead either. This is purely a directive to the local licensing authorities not to issue the licences that are required for events over 5000. I'd bet a lot of money that large events up to 5000 will still be banned throughout the summer too. We banned gatherings of more than 100 people in March, there's no hope that'll be lifted in May, so that restriction will probably still apply come August/September too.

Yeah that's my reading of it too. Can't see there any gigs until Autumn or next year at the earliest regardless of size.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd bet a lot of money that large events up to 5000 will still be banned throughout the summer too.

For sure. Iveagh Gardens is what, 3-4kish? No chance they go ahead IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

showpony1 wrote: »
    Some peoples (above noted) reaction regards hounding companies for refunds amazes me. After the pandemic is over do people want to come back to a world where there are no longer music festivals running here?

Hounding companies for refunds? I don't think anyone considers boutique tents a charity? Or an investment company? They're happy to gouge people on prices. It'd be crazy for them to then feel entitled to keeping 50% of people's money for doing nothing.

We're customers, not a free bank loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

The question I'm left with is if ATN will survive this. Things were very precarious after last year and hopefully we are looking at tickets being valid for next year but surely money will be lost somewhere.

How viable is an ATN 2021?

Was already resigned to the fact there will be no gigs this year. Or festivals. Or holidays abroad. Still gutted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Honestly.. if I was given the option to get a refund or tickets to next year? I’d think about it - but would probably take the money.

Glastonbury did a similar thing but let’s face it, they’ll survive this. POD? I wouldn’t be so sure.

It’s a shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

Officially cancelled

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Won't be asking for a refund but wouldn't blame anyone for doing so.

Same. I'd much rather have the festival next year than the extra cash now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

What are the chances of POD riding this out? I'm happy to keep my tickets for next year just worried I might loose them altogether.

What are the chances of POD riding this out? I'm happy to keep my tickets for next year just worried I might loose them altogether.
    I'd imagine they'll be OK, festival sold out well in advance last year.
    In the EP days they operated for several years in the red, so I can't imagine the plug being pulled even after 1 bad year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭RINO87

D.Q wrote: »
    Won't be asking for a refund but wouldn't blame anyone for doing so.

This times 100. I'm putting my trust in ATN to get this right and we can all have a massive party next year, but the way some folks on their social posts are getting slated for looking for a refund is a bit crap...

Seems funny ATN in August announced cancellation before Forbidden Fruit next month, but presumably will be announced in a few days.

Hopefully POD would still be around to honour it. Kinda like the vouchers vs refund with airlines. Think some people would naturally be worried that company may not exist for them to use voucher/tickets and understand people needing cash back. It's a horrible position for everyone to be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

Hounding companies for refunds? I don't think anyone considers boutique tents a charity? Or an investment company? They're happy to gouge people on prices. It'd be crazy for them to then feel entitled to keeping 50% of people's money for doing nothing.

We're customers, not a free bank loan.

The post i was talking about was asking for a ticket refund for ATN,
    for some reason you took this context as being specifically boutique camping which 90% won't have purchased?

RINO87 wrote: »
    This times 100. I'm putting my trust in ATN to get this right and we can all have a massive party next year, but the way some folks on their social posts are getting slated for looking for a refund is a bit crap...

Are they? That's bad form. Nobody knows what anyone circumstances are. 584,000 on that pandemic unemployment payment alone. People could have lost job or reduced income. It's someone's personal choice whether they want a refund or keep tickets. Don't see why anyone else should make a judgement on that decision

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

I'd be surprised if this goes ahead. Has anyone been in contact with podpads or tangerine fields? I'm guessing they've already been involved in festivals that have been cancelled. Have they been offering refunds?

Doesn't sound promising

Could you not get your bank to do a chargeback if they didn’t offer a full refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

showpony1 wrote: »
    The post i was talking about was asking for a ticket refund for ATN,
    for some reason you took this context as being specifically boutique camping which 90% won't have purchased?

The post you quoted was talking about boutique camping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,466 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Yeah sad to hear it's officially cancelled but I think we were all expecting that to be the case for a while now, so not too bad to take. I'll let my tickets carry over until 2021, hopefully they and other festivals/promoters can survive this summer.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

https://twitter.com/Padjii/status/1252710686750322690

It was almost worth hearing the bad news for that comment. Almost!

Anyone find it strange that you can still buy tickets for ATN on Ticketmaster? Longitude put out a statement today and it was immediately removed from Ticketmaster, got the email about option straight away.

Nothing from ATN or Ticketmaster yet though?

Anyone find it strange that you can still buy tickets for ATN on Ticketmaster? Longitude put out a statement today and it was immediately removed from Ticketmaster, got the email about option straight away.

Nothing from ATN or Ticketmaster yet though?

ATN statement above. Must be a Ticketmaster error

• Registered Users Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

So when is the headliners announced for 2021. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

I think this thread has run its course...ATN 2021? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

Eod100 wrote: »
    ATN statement above. Must be a Ticketmaster error

I was on to ticketmaster via twitter today and they have heard nothing formal from ATN

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Peterd66

Rmgblue wrote:
    I was on to ticketmaster via twitter today and they have heard nothing formal from ATN

Not clear from ATN announcement that they will be offering refunds or am I missing something.

• Advertisement

Peterd66 wrote: »
    Not clear from ATN announcement that they will be offering refunds or am I missing something.

Legally they have to if the event is cancelled or rescheduled, it has been rescheduled so therefore people are entitled to refunds.

I'm sure there is just a delay, they would need to inform Ticketmaster anyways as the current tickets won't be valid for next year.

Advertisement