Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭RINO87

Glasto gone. I'd say we will all be on a festival hiatus this year.
    Another industry thats getting walloped by this thing, and that I hope can come out the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

What do we think? Will it get pulled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Rmgblue wrote: »

I would imagine so

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Reckon they will all be cancelled. Tis a bit ****!

Could see the likes of B&S throwing something together at end of summer if things are back to normal, probably just wishful thinking on my part.

On the plus side it means I will not have to flog my Kaleidoscope tickets on toutless....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Rmgblue wrote: »

There's still a lot of time between now and then. 4 and a bit months!

There is clearly a risk that we will still be in restrictions in 4 months time. However, it is not guaranteed. Also, they may be waiting until they are shut down by government rather than making the call themselves, so that they can make an insurance claim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

I dreamed that the sun will be out and we'll be all stuck in traffic for hours in Carrick on suir and we won't give a ****e this time, cause it will be our first time out of the gaff in 4.5 months.

Ive my doubts though, festivals are likely the last thing to come back given they are pretty contagious things to begin with.

It is a long way away but I do think we havnt even come close to the worst of this pandemic... I guess we will hear soon about b&s as its much sooner. I wonder will they transfer tickets like glasto or give refunds

• Registered Users Posts: 11,653 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

From this juncture its hard to see it going ahead. I think June or July would be the very earliest this could be over by and that would all be optimistic. Will be very hard to see tickets with the uncertainty in the meantime and lot of acts could cancel. Not to be negative, things could change between now and then I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Very hard to see it going ahead. Seems trivial but I have actually found listening to the spotify playlist a welcome distraction from the news in recent days. Worth checking out even if we never get to hear the acts in August.
    https://spoti.fi/37O1KmN

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Preparing myself for the worst :( had a lot of plans this summer so hoping some of those can be salvaged.

On the playlist comment above, a lot of artists and labels have been doing online live streams. Last night I danced to the Black Madonna, for example, who was streaming from her living room.

Small things but hugely helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Still going ahead as planned according to their social media today. Wishful thinking me thinks but a chance at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

A lot of people sticking their heads in the sand here.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

showpony1 wrote: »
    A lot of people sticking their heads in the sand here.

I don't think so. Most people realise that there is a chance/liklihood that all festivals will be cancelled for this summer, perhaps even into September. But it's far from a certainty. Given that the WHO etc either don't know or aren't telling people how long this is going to last for, we can't exclude the possibility of them ploughing ahead.

I for one want to keep the dream alive, from the morning past the evening to the end of the light.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

yeah, the peak is expected around May/June. It's hopefully that we'll be on a downward trend of the curve by July, so some restrictions will probably be lifted by then, but I think most people recognise that festivals/large events are probably still going to be banned by the end of July.

Even if the restrictions were lifted in time, I'd imagine several of the ATN lineup will have pulled their tours well before that.
    There's not many non-IE/non-UK acts announced, so they might be able to cobble together most of the lineup announced so far.

Still, it's far more likely not to go ahead, than to go ahead.

yeah, the peak is expected around May/June. It's hopefully that we'll be on a downward trend of the curve by July, so some restrictions will probably be lifted by then, but I think most people recognise that festivals/large events are probably still going to be banned by the end of July.

Even if the restrictions were lifted in time, I'd imagine several of the ATN lineup will have pulled their tours well before that.
    There's not many non-IE/non-UK acts announced, so they might be able to cobble together most of the lineup announced so far.

Still, it's far more likely not to go ahead, than to go ahead.

If it was a cobbled together line up of last minute Irish bands and maybe one or two random international acts, after 4.5 months of isolation it would be an absolutely unreal festival!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

If it was a cobbled together line up of last minute Irish bands and maybe one or two random international acts, after 4.5 months of isolation it would be an absolutely unreal festival!

Let Girlband and Lankum headline

Let Girlband and Lankum headline

I was thinking the Saw Doctors and the Waterboys (glasto being cancelled and all). But yeah, that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Should be fine by August. Will go ahead i would say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Bowlardo wrote: »

Not at the rate the country is defying the orders of the government. ****wits heading to the pub, going shopping, employers like Debenhams keeping their staff working, teenagers being allowed meet up by their irresponsible, moronic parents. We'll be very lucky if our numbers arent doubling day by day from now on. Everything up to at least September is in danger.

BadTurtle wrote: »
    Not at the rate the country is defying the orders of the government. ****wits heading to the pub, going shopping, employers like Debenhams keeping their staff working, teenagers being allowed meet up by their irresponsible, moronic parents. We'll be very lucky if our numbers arent doubling day by day from now on. Everything up to at least September is in danger.

Bizzarely, is that not likely to speed things up as more people get it? I.e. the opposite of flattening the curve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Bizzarely, is that not likely to speed things up as more people get it? I.e. the opposite of flattening the curve

Yup, the quicker you get a large amount infected, the quicker the peak and subsequent decline. It's what the UK were considering....until they realised it also results in an overwhelmed health care system and much larger mortality rate.

Would really hope things will be getting back to some sort of semblance of normality come August. But with the time it takes to set up a festival I can't see them taking the chance? Will be some party if it does go ahead!!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

Bowlardo wrote: »

All Ireland Fleadh in Mullingar in August is already cancelled...

https://www.offalyexpress.ie/news/home/527869/decision-made-on-fleadh-cheoil-2020-in-mullingar-due-to-covid-19.html

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

They had this up on their social 10 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Plush289

I'm assuming this getting moved to another date is completely out of the question and it's just a matter of time before we get official confirmation of cancellation

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Blackie_IRL

Plush289 wrote: »
    I'm assuming this getting moved to another date is completely out of the question and it's just a matter of time before we get official confirmation of cancellation

Think I seen something earlier about Primavera moving to the same weekend as EP, I can't see ATN moving, it will be cancelled most likely, don't see any other option now. Even if the lockdowns are lifted by the summer and bars and restaurants start to open back up I think large outdoor and indoor gatherings will still be banned, social distancing will be the norm for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MargoChanning

Plush289 wrote: »

Yeah I definitely don’t see it going ahead either. In fact the most likely thing I see happening is that forbidden fruit and all together now are both cancelled, and POD enter liquidation because of it. And I don’t think I’m being overly pessimistic here either, much as I hate to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭LickiRake

Hey Lads. Did anyone's final payment come out today? Both my friend and mines never came out. Doesn't look good for the festival.

LickiRake wrote: »
    Hey Lads. Did anyone's final payment come out today? Both my friend and mines never came out. Doesn't look good for the festival.

I wouldn't read too much into it just yet. It's possible that there is some delay on the banks' part. I would imagine that unless it's formally cancelled, they would still take the money as normal.

Do Ticketmaster offer a full refunds policy in the event of cancellation?

EDIT: Not that I think it's going to be cancelled mind, but no harm to know just in case

Mine didn't go out. But another payment waiting to go didn't either. I've made peace with this. Its not going to go ahead imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Mine came out today, although I didn't get the usual email reminder about.

Advertisement