Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things the PC brigade don't want to hear or admit

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,368 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

How would anyone have positive experiences with them. There is almost no integration. They aren't welcome where we go.

See my post above yours. They want to be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    It's convenient for settled people to blame Travellers entirely for the tension between both communities but we need to wake up to the fact that settled people are discriminatory and predujiced towards Travellers from a very early age. How many of us have heard stories about Traveller children being bullied in primary school for being Travellers, for example? It takes two to tango.

You don't see endless threads whinging about our Chinese, or Polish or other established immigrant communities. Why?
    Because by and large they behave themselves, they're interested in working to earn a crust and attempting to integrate. I'm not aware of the Poles or anyone else other than travellers seeking special ethnic status and handouts for life.

Kids bully other kids because they're too short, or too tall, have glasses or red hair or whatever because kids are little cünts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,770 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Hands up anyone who has ever truthfully thought, "I wish I was born a traveller"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

This thread is mind-numbing.

People actually defending discrimination of travellers because employers have had bad experiences -- this is exactly how racists speak everywhere in the world. You don't get a free pass from being a racist because a lot of people agree with your degenerate opinions.

Firstly the invention of travellers as a race is a fairly new phenomenon. Secondly statistics do in fact matter.

Employers in Ireland hire anybody they can get their hands on, from the four corners of the earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,529 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

People actually defending discrimination of travellers because employers have had bad experiences -- this is exactly how racists speak everywhere in the world. You don't get a free pass from being a racist because a lot of people agree with your degenerate opinions.

Hopefully it’ll be moved over to the “current affairs” forum soon enough, ATNM.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement

Hands up anyone who has ever truthfully thought, "I wish I was born a traveller"?

You knows that's going to be a a very small number, or zero, if people are honest.
    Why would you want to be something you dislike?

Travellers don't want to integrate, they actively sought to be recognised as an ethnic minority.

What do you mean by 'integrate '
    What would travellers have to do in order for people to feel they have integrated?

You knows that's going to be a a very small number, or zero, if people are honest.

Because they get handouts from the gubberment. They can do what ever they like. They get free houses and horses. They don't have to pay tax. They're all loaded.

Reasons like that.
    Who wants to be born a traveller ?

bubblypop wrote: »
    What would travellers have to do in order for people to feel they have integrated?

Have a guess there yourself.

Nobody wants to be born a traveller because no-one wishes they had their life.
    That's if people are honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I wouldnt mind it. Dole at 16, education is for chumps, then when I do realise its worth I can get reserved places on some softy softy course like Social care. Housing I jump to the head of the queue, dont need no deposit or anything because its the councils problem. When it doesnt suit me I can wreck the gaff and get a new one. All that stuff stupid settled people dont like "grabbing", "boxing", "child marriages", dropping out of education, respecting the law? Well you see Boss that's me culture....... and if you dont like it then you are a RACIST!!!

Thats a class lifestyle.

Have a guess there yourself.

I honestly don't know, that's why I asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Crock Rock wrote: »
    Cheers, pal.

He's not Your Pal, guy.

Edit: aww, no remembers South Park Canadians

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭enricoh

Open up a pub, let them all in n report back to us in a year on your experience.
    I guarantee it'll be an eh, interesting, chapter in yer life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

To all the traveller hating folk:

No one denies that there are many social problems amongst the travelling community.
    There is a problem with integration with the wider society as a whole. And yes, criminality is a problem that appears to be more widespread in the traveller community.

This seems to cause a lot of angst from people here.
    Of course it does. It wouldn't make sense for it not to.
    What is your solution?
    Well I think the solution needs to come from within traveller society itself. Not sure how those outside of it can or should be the ones to formulate a solution. Although there are plenty of state supports for travellers.
    Personally, I don't know but I do know that continuing to prejudge every single traveller as worthless scum sure doesn't seem to be helping.
    Why would a traveller want to integrate into a society that socially accepts outright hatred for people they have never met?
    I have no doubt that if I was born a traveller that I'd have learned from a very early age that I was scum and not welcome in the wider community.
    What incentive would there be for me to become an upstanding member of a society that hates me without knowing anything about me
    That's just shifting responsibility - their violence and criminality and intimidation isn't their fault, even though they're the ones actually responsible for it. What incentive? What incentive is there for anyone not to be a violent criminal? Not hurting others I suppose. The low expectations definitely don't help them.

Travellers on the whole choose to be segregated anyway.

And I know that not every single traveller is a scumbag, but that doesn't eliminate the serious problems within their community, which only they can change. For their own good above all. Bare-knuckle boxing, child marriage, cruelty to animals - these are not caused by external factors.

Would anyone give their dog or horse to a traveller if they had to leave the country?

If no, why ever not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Why would the Irish legal system discriminate against travellers by putting them in jail without reason? What benefit would this provide? In America prisoners make goods for large companies. This is highly profitable. In Ireland it's the opposite. It costs money to jail people.

Seriously could someone explain why travellers would be in jail due to discrimination and not because of their own actions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

It's convenient for settled people to blame Travellers entirely for the tension between both communities but we need to wake up to the fact that settled people are discriminatory and predujiced towards Travellers from a very early age. How many of us have heard stories about Traveller children being bullied in primary school for being Travellers, for example? It takes two to tango.

What "settled people"?

You didn't answer this leg end

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Thieving fcuks. Offer nothing to society.

Move this to CA so I can get stuck in to the left wingers x

Raconteuse wrote: »

And I know that not every single traveller is a scumbag, .

But every single traveller is assumed to be a scumbag by a large section of society , irrespective of what they have done in their lives.
    May as well be a scumbag if society is going to treat you like a scumbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

What "settled people"?
    People who aren't travellers. Non-traveller people. Why, did I use the wrong terminology? Did I "trigger" you? What a snowflake!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

There is a huge element of criminality within the Traveller Community, yes, but I think too many settled people lay the sole responsibility upon the travellers to integrate without making any effort to assist in that integration themselves.

What are travellers doing...nor not doing...to facilitate their integration?

What do you want non traveller people to do?

People who aren't travellers. Non-traveller people. Why, did I use the wrong terminology? Did I "trigger" you? What a snowflake!

You’re a traveller imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

"Degenerate" - don't be hysterical.

There are huge problems within the very intertwined traveller culture - particularly violence and criminality, which cause an understandable fear. Refusal to acknowledge this is just pigheadedness.

Racism is hatred and discrimination against someone because of their skin colour.

No, because you already know what I'll say.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,761 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

How about ending the codology of travelling, educating your children fully, getting proper jobs?
    Give up feuding, you got a problem, sort it out in a civilized fashion or call the guards like the rest of us.
    Become part of the wider community, not lurk around on the margins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

What are travellers doing...nor not doing...to facilitate their integration?

What do you want non traveller people to do?

If they only invested as much time and money teaching the Travelling community to behave itself as they did in the settled community not to be "Wacist" then we would have a much better society.

• Advertisement

Pavee point, fatso connors. Epitomise everything you need to know about travs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement