Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

I think people with terminal illnesses are in a way lucky. They can choose assisted suicide and don't have to face the immense stigma that people with mental issues who want to do the same thing, do.

When you want to give up because you have cancer, people say "okay", when you want to give up because of life problems/mental issues people say you're "weak".-

PM me your login and I'll happily assist you with killing your account.

When you want to give up because you have cancer, people say "okay", when you want to give up because of life problems/mental issues people say you're "weak".-

I'd say foolish rather than weak. Personal problems can be resolved through research, and committed personal development. It's just that many people (and mainstream psychology in society) make excuses for them allowing them to encourage depression and apathy. The focus on drugs to manage personality problems is destructive and ultimately leads to a compulsion to increase dependency on both the drugs and the factors that "require" the drug treatments.

I've attempted suicide twice, both in my teens. I'm now in my 40s and I'm incredibly grateful that I didn't succeed in killing myself. Now, If i get Alzheimer's, I have no problem with offing myself, because it's incurable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I'd say foolish rather than weak. Personal problems can be resolved through research, and committed personal development. It's just that many people (and mainstream psychology in society) make excuses for them allowing them to encourage depression and apathy. The focus on drugs to manage personality problems is destructive and ultimately leads to a compulsion to increase dependency on both the drugs and the factors that "require" the drug treatments.

I've attempted suicide twice, both in my teens. I'm now in my 40s and I'm incredibly grateful that I didn't succeed in killing myself. Now, If i get Alzheimer's, I have no problem with offing myself, because it's incurable.

I too attempted suicide when I was 17. Is there something about being a teen that makes people vulnerable to suicide?

I too attempted suicide when I was 17. Is there something about being a teen that makes people vulnerable to suicide?

It's a difficult time finding a reason for all the pain and confusion you experience during that period. Doesn't help that there's so many people willing to tell you that you're somehow broken, or flawed in some way, but it's all okay because they accept you... in fact they'll encourage you to be broken (even though you're really not)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I think people with terminal illnesses are in a way lucky. They can choose assisted suicide and don't have to face the immense stigma that people with mental issues who want to do the same thing, do.

You really haven't a clue about the world or real life do you? How about engaging your brain before posting? This is one of your worst statements so far.
    Have a bit of cop on. Deplorable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

You really haven't a clue about the world or real life do you? How about engaging your brain before posting? This is one of your worst statements so far.

Seriously. But to be fair, some people are clueless.

But the idea that assisted suicide is available is a bit daft. Technically true but daft all the same.

Seriously. But to be fair, some people are clueless.

But the idea that assisted suicide is available is a bit daft. Technically true but daft all the same.

It's the equivalent of someone thinking "just saying it like it is" or "I don't have a filter" are valid excuses for being an arsehole.

It wasn't really an unpopular opinion because it relies on the assumption that people suffering from either issue feel that way. He should have worded it that he would prefer one over the other, in his opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Just another pathetic troll account posting something edgy to get a rise out of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I remember you saying you couldn't get a date because you're black. I can guarantee from how you come across on boards it's not your skin colour that's hindering you. You come out with a serious amount of shyte. Not unpopular opinions, just pure nonsense.

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I remember you saying you couldn't get a date because you're black. I can guarantee from how you come across on boards it's not your skin colour that's hindering you. You come out with a serious amount of shyte. Not unpopular opinions, just pure nonsense.

But how do you know that my online persona crosses over into real life? I've been told that I have ugly teeth and I'm too dark.

• Advertisement

But how do you know that my online persona crosses over into real life? I've been told that I have ugly teeth and I'm too dark.

Let's be honest, you have posted too many issues and opinions for some not to reflect how you think and act. If they're not indicative of your personality then it would be tantamount to trolling.

Let's be honest, you have posted too many issues and opinions for some not to reflect how you think and act. If they're not indicative of your personality then it would be tantamount to trolling.

Well funnily enough, when I was in secondary school a few guys thought I was annoying, an attention seeker, had a horribly personality etc... so what you're saying is not far off.

But I'm not trolling, this is stuff I genuinely believe.

Well funnily enough, when I was in secondary school a few guys thought I was annoying, an attention seeker, had a horribly personality etc... so what you're saying is not far off.

But I'm not trolling, this is stuff I genuinely believe.

Then I'm speechless.

Unless as Srameen said you are trolling, then your posts reflect who you are. I'm pretty sure posters on here would get an accurate feel for who I am in real life, based on what I post on boards.

I'm sorry you've met people who insult your physical appearance but the number of mixed race kids in schools would indicate that in general, people of all races in Ireland are forming relationships.

Unless as Srameen said you are trolling, then your posts reflect who you are. I'm pretty sure posters on here would get an accurate feel for who I am in real life, based on what I post on boards.

I'm sorry you've met people who insult your physical appearance but the number of mixed race kids in schools would indicate that in general, people of all races in Ireland are forming relationships.

btw, I'm not saying Irish are racist by any means. People are free to date whomever they want. I'm just saying black men are not considered attractive.

The black men I see dating white women are usually dating "low teir" women. BBW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

"low teir" women. BBW

Oh dear... you've opened yourself up for feminist attacks

But going back to my point, am I wrong?

Most black men don't date the "top of the game" white women. I've seen races like Indians, Eastern Europeans, Arabs and even Chinese date hot white women in Dublin but never a black man.

The fact is, black men are considered significantly less attractive than other races. The "white women love black dicks" thing is a myth mostly.

I knew my mothers friend who dated a white woman and she was obese as **** in America.

People will bring examples of celebrities but that's bull**** again because the wealth and fame of black celebrities completely shifts the balance of their undesirability/desirability.

btw, I'm not saying Irish are racist by any means. People are free to date whomever they want. I'm just saying black men are not considered attractive.

The black men I see dating white women are usually dating "low teir" women. BBW
    BBW is not an Irish thing. It's more an American fetish that is disturbing but not relevant here. And what the hell is a "low tier" woman. You're being insulting to both black and white people.

Most black men don't date the "top of the game" white women. I've seen races like Indians, Eastern Europeans, Arabs and even Chinese date hot white women in Dublin but never a black man.

The fact is, black men are considered significantly less attractive than other races. The "white women love black dicks" thing is a myth mostly.

I knew my mothers friend who dated a white woman and she was obese as **** in America.

People will bring examples of celebrities but that's bull**** again because the wealth and fame of black celebrities completely shifts the balance of their undesirability/desirability.
    You really have a warped sense of relationships. What the hell is a "top of the game" white woman? You say that Irish people aren't racist but their top women will date anyone who isn't black. You sound like someone who reads American media and transposes it onto Irish life. Ireland is not America. We don't have the same social problems. If you are having a problem finding a date but can recognise that people of other races/ethnicities can do so, they look to yourself. Stop blaming everyone else.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

BBW is not an Irish thing. It's more an American fetish that is disturbing but not relevant here. And what the hell is a "low tier" woman. You're being insulting to both black and white people.

BBW might not be an Irish phrase, but fat things is, and we got more than our fair share of those

BBW might not be an Irish phrase, but fat things is, and we got more than our fair share of those
    I've yet to see anyone in Ireland so overweight they need a mobility scooter. Yes we have overweight people but not 600lb+ Who would our equivalent of Tess Holiday be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Irish Film Board is a waste of taxpayers' money. Most of their stuff never gets released and is average cinema.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

In fairness to the poster these African lads do seem to be with a lot of Traveller girls, surprisingly and also girls from the rougher estates in Ireland, the ''wannabe'' Traveller types who give their kids names like Daneka and Beyonce and describe themselves as stay at home mommy/full time mad bastard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

What the hell is a "top of the game" white woman?

Una Mullally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

blueshade wrote: »
    In fairness to the poster these African lads do seem to be with a lot of Traveller girls, surprisingly and also girls from the rougher estates in Ireland, the ''wannabe'' Traveller types who give their kids names like Daneka and Beyonce and describe themselves as stay at home mommy/full time mad bastard.
    I'd be very surprised if traveller women were in relationships with black men (because of traveller culture not permitting it). Maybe settled women who have a similar style to traveller women?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

You are dead wrong about that, oriental men are the rarest companion - partner of white women, they lack the natural presence of African men

I've lived with chronic pain since 2007, i suffered from depression a few times since 1998,physical pain is worse as it's far more of a constant, you can't go for a walk if you have chronic pain in your leg where as it's possible to get busy as a way of curbing depression

blueshade wrote: »

A traveller girl wouldn't be allowed date George Clooney, never mind a regular black man

Don't believe you for a second

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I've yet to see anyone in Ireland so overweight they need a mobility scooter. Yes we have overweight people but not 600lb+ Who would our equivalent of Tess Holiday be?

you can be obese and still be well under 600 pounds.

The amount of people very very defensive of obese whales on here is staggering, there must be a lot of fat members, which maybe in hindsight can be understandable as the obesity levels in the general population increase year on year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

The amount of people very very defensive of obese whales on here is staggering, there must be a lot of fat members, which maybe in hindsight can be understandable as the obesity levels in the general population increase year on year

Or maybe members are just tired of your limited vocabulary and adjectives along with your “the lady doth protest too much” opinion of fat women.

Just a thought :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

If someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean they are obese.
    Obese people are not perfect . . shocker !

- Now we're curious though . . tell us all what makes you perfect ?

Advertisement