Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

The amount of people very very defensive of obese whales on here is staggering, there must be a lot of fat members, which maybe in hindsight can be understandable as the obesity levels in the general population increase year on year

Aww, I think it’s nice that obese sea mammals have people’s support. What about obese humans though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Febreeze

I believe I should win the lotto

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

high_king wrote: »
    If someone disagrees with you it doesn't mean they are obese.
    Obese people are not perfect . . shocker !

- Now we're curious though . . tell us all what makes you perfect ?

Where did I say I was perfect ?

oh wait, I never said that, this is you trying to deflect.
    by the way, who is this "we" you claim to speak for ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭high_king

Where did I say I was perfect ?

oh wait, I never said that, this is you trying to deflect.
    by the way, who is this "we" you claim to speak for ?

Boards.ie
    So apart from obesity what are you faults and we can complain about them . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

BBW might not be an Irish phrase, but fat things is, and we got more than our fair share of those

The amount of people very very defensive of obese whales on here is staggering

Anyone who feels the need to describe others in such a needlessly nasty way probably has deep-seated issues of their own.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I would be more concerned with your rating system regarding women, than your looks. Low tier attitude = not attractive in the least.... Women, run, RUN!

To be fair though, life isn't fair and there are some people more considered more attractive by a lot of people than others.

Maybe not the best choice of words but you know what I mean. Let's not pretend that every women of age/race/financial class would be considered equally as attractive or desirable. That doesn't make them less than people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

noticing obvious patterns is wrong

As a passenger on a plane, I am of the solid immutable conviction that:

I be PRIME CANDIDATE from "Economy / Coach Class" to be PROMOTED TO FIRST CLASS in all applicable Flights where there is more than one class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

As a passenger on a plane, I am of the solid immutable conviction that:

I be PRIME CANDIDATE from "Economy / Coach Class" to be PROMOTED TO FIRST CLASS in all applicable Flights where there is more than one class.
    Greta Thunberg is Superior Class to You . Know your place ; Stay at home like Greta !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭nkl12xtw5goz70

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I've yet to see anyone in Ireland so overweight they need a mobility scooter. Yes we have overweight people but not 600lb+ Who would our equivalent of Tess Holiday be?

Tess Holliday is nowhere near 600 lbs. I've seen her weight reported as 20 stone, which is 280 lbs. I'm sure there are plenty of women in Ireland who are around that weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,758 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I think Lisa Smith should be brought back.

Initially I thought, why not leave her rot over there, but then if disaffected foreign jihadis, their consorts and offspring were running about, abandoned by their home countries, would that not be storing up far more trouble down the road?

Best brought back, questioned/deprogrammed and given appropriate jail time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

I think Lisa Smith should be brought back.

Initially I thought, why not leave her rot over there, but then if disaffected foreign jihadis, their consorts and offspring were running about, abandoned by their home countries, would that not be storing up far more trouble down the road?

Best brought back, questioned/deprogrammed and given appropriate jail time.

Her name is not Lisa Smith. She married a Muslim terrorist and changed her name to an Arabic name. It's disingenuous of the media and government to refer to her as anything but what she is. She is a piece of filth who should have been hung.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

To be fair though, life isn't fair and there are some people more considered more attractive by a lot of people than others.

Maybe not the best choice of words but you know what I mean. Let's not pretend that every women of age/race/financial class would be considered equally as attractive or desirable. That doesn't make them less than people.

Mi amigo, your basing your views strictly on a physical level. Going by your posts you have a low opinion on your physical appearance. But also from your posts you have a low outlook, women do pick up on that.

Your poor-mouthing woe is me, but the problem is in you, not society. Respect yourself and others will respect you. Accept and love yourself and others will. I know it sounds cliché but it is what it is.

You have a lot of issues in your life to work out first, focus on that for the time being and the rest will come. Your not the only person of color(hate that term)to overcome obstacles in life. Get over it and move on.

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    A traveller girl wouldn't be allowed date George Clooney, never mind a regular black man

Don't believe you for a second

I don't actually care what you believe. I know what I see. Travellers are quite happy to be rid of the fat ugly girls that no Traveller fella wants, it suits them just fine to offload them to some African lad that wants to bolster his asylum claim to have a kid with an Irish female.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,758 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

blueshade wrote: »
    Her name is not Lisa Smith. She married a Muslim terrorist and changed her name to an Arabic name. It's disingenuous of the media and government to refer to her as anything but what she is. She is a piece of filth who should have been hung.

Ok. Changing your name is a hanging offense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

where did the poster say that.?

I’d like one of the Healy Rae’s as Taoiseach and Another as President .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Tess Holliday is nowhere near 600 lbs. I've seen her weight reported as 20 stone, which is 280 lbs. I'm sure there are plenty of women in Ireland who are around that weight.
    She doesn't need a mobility scooter either (yet). I should've separated the two sentences. I know Tess isn't that big but there are so many over that weight there's a very successful reality show called my 600lb life, where they try and get weight loss surgery. Ireland has overweight people but we're not at that level of crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

blinding wrote: »
    I’d like one of the Healy Rae’s as Taoiseach and Another as President .

I know, I think they're gas. I love how they say stuff to deliberately wind up the likes of the greens and the Irish times. It's very funny to see them so outraged.

Mules wrote: »
    I know, I think they're gas. I love how they say stuff to deliberately wind up the likes of the greens and the Irish times. It's very funny to see them so outraged.
    Just think all we could save on Expenses if two Healy Raes were in the top jobs ;);)

Also they would be inter-changeable if one fella had a sick cow or a Kerry crisis .

We could rename the Country ; Healy Rae Country , while they were in office for their 25 / 50 / Forever year Term . Nobody could complain because this is a more accurate description of the Country .

Gods Own Healy Rae’s people .

• Advertisement

Her name WAS Lisa Smith, changing her name to an Arabic one was a statement. The media deliberately use her maiden name to steer away from her being a convert to Islam and a terrorist traitorous bitch who will remain a threat to society for the rest of her life. They are attempting to mislead people into thinking that she's just a nutjob who made a mistake, instead of a trained soldier who made a conscious decision to travel to Syria to fight with ISIS at the height of their reign of terror when they murdered, maimed, raped and enslaved men women and children. Fook her, string her up from the nearest tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Robert_Beach

Private insurance of any kind should be banned. All insurance should be through government owned entities. Pool the risk, pool the dividends, cut down on chancers abusing the system (on both sides).

Private insurance of any kind should be banned. All insurance should be through government owned entities. Pool the risk, pool the dividends, cut down on chancers abusing the system (on both sides).

ie. public healthcare.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I believe cultural appropriation is a load of me bollix. See an example below.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7642079/Love-Islands-Molly-Mae-Hague-slammed-cultural-appropriation-Cleopatra-Halloween-costume.html

So what if someone dresses a certain way? Get ta fcuk with your cultural appropriation.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I believe cultural appropriation is a load of me bollix. See an example below.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7642079/Love-Islands-Molly-Mae-Hague-slammed-cultural-appropriation-Cleopatra-Halloween-costume.html

So what if someone dresses a certain way? Get ta fcuk with your cultural appropriation.

Unfortunately when universities introduced all the makey uppey degrees like Women's Studies, Gender Studies and Minority history studies they had to make up this kind of horse shi*e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Invisibleman

Gay byrne was an absolute smug, condescending self serving you know what.

Gay byrne was an absolute smug, condescending self serving you know what.

Did you get kicked out of the thread on Gay Byrne? Seriously, you've nothing better to bitch about than the death of a much loved well respected broadcaster that many of us grew up watching, you sound almost as pathetic as the idiot IRA fanboys bitching about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Did you get kicked out of the thread on Gay Byrne? Seriously, you've nothing better to bitch about than the death of a much loved well respected broadcaster that many of us grew up watching, you sound almost as pathetic as the idiot IRA fanboys bitching about him.

He was much loved and well respected by most members of society. He wasn't respected by others.

My views are that I lost respect for him for the way he behaved when he was interviewing Annie Murphy (Bishop Casey's mot). He was a right ignorant pig during that interview.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    He was much loved and well respected by most members of society. He wasn't respected by others.

My views are that I lost respect for him for the way he behaved when he was interviewing Annie Murphy (Bishop Casey's mot). He was a right ignorant pig during that interview.

I remember her and the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Fook her, string her up from the nearest tree.

Ironically, it sounds like you'd get on quite well with ISIS - loads in common.

Advertisement