Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lamposts wrote: »
    It's the whole FOMO of the game. If you don't get gold 2 then you're not gonna get the "ultimate" picks. Even though, it's literally impossible to pack one of the top tier ones in picks. But like you said, for the effort involved it doesn't seem worth it unless you're playing out of enjoyment. :D

Haha yeah, 100% get you.
    Ah if you have the time by all means, go for the extra 3 wins and at least you know you’re guaranteed a tots pick, it’ll probably be the last “really big” fut champions weekend of fifa20 so go for it if you have time.

I’m just really not feeling fifa at the moment so was happy to take the 14, I only had 5 matches left so no guarantee I’d even have got the 3 wins needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

obviously the reddit fifa mods didn;t like my post :)
    Capture.png

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

I think you can post in r/Fut the mods are a bit more lenient.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

14-16 though the last loss was giving away a win to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Battering a guy at 0-0. 20 mins he pauses and quits. Next game, 4-3 up. He scores and ties it up. Pauses and quits. Love that people would rather try and trigger you by denying you a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Was at 19-10.
    Next opponent......11 non rare golds.

I was 5-0 down with his first 5 moves.

Baaaaaahh!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Finally got a chance to do the guaranteed tots pack, duplicate Henderson :( I don't even get a 2nd pack like most people who done it yesterday...

Summer Heat loading screen implying SBC re-releases.

https://i.redd.it/uooh8nl0ww451.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lord TSC wrote: »

Could be a festival of FUT last year where they buffed the drop rates. Each week had a diff TOTW and a re-released promo with it... honestly, was a lot of fun opening packs for that. Was possible to get 6 or 7 specials in one pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,591 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Lord TSC wrote: »

Fingers crossed

GRefn0f.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Absolute cluster**** of a weekend. Went from a comfortable 17 wins last weekend to falling at the last hurdle. Don't know if it's just me but it felt like there were way more of the scripted goals than usual. The rebounds, the situations where you know what you're doing but "force field" is preventing you from doing anything and your player is on rails. Then to top it off a couple of "disconnects" where I hadn't touched at thing and my network connection to PSN was fine, some of which were even during that bit between the final whistle and the menu screen, as well as a glitch where in the pause menu my cursor was constantly being pulled left so obviously couldn't make any substitutions etc. Don't know if this was all just me but it felt like they maximised the "game flow" ****e this weekend, probably to give more people a few extra wins and try to grab them for FIFA 21.

17-12
    So many sweats out there tonight. So much for people giving their wins away. It's never happened to me yet.

I struggled for goals this weekend. Nani is a beast. I think it's time to make my Utd squad and try have some fun in this game...

WL15-06-JPG.jpg

Another theory I'm seeing is that they're gonna re-release SBCs but with buffed stats so they're not behind the power curve, in that case.... :eek:

e89d7Qp.png

Another theory I'm seeing is that they're gonna re-release SBCs but with buffed stats so they're not behind the power curve, in that case.... :eek:

e89d7Qp.png

Christ that McGeady card would be bloody awesome.
    I’ll hang around for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

From 5-3 to 10-10 to 17-11

Weekend league saved

Meltdown averted

It’ll be good to see if rewards revert back totw’s next weekend if they do that’s me finished for the year

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah I'm finding WL a lot easier this week as well. I've started off 9-3 and last week I started off 5-6.

And yep the losses came thick and fast tonight. I lost 4 of my first 5 matches on.

Decided to stop at 11 wins as I wasn't feeling it tonight, the gameplay was bad as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Luis Alberto from the Guaranteed Ultimate. Which meant the only two players I had from the Ultimate were him and Hummels. Both untradeable. So of course I then got Hummels in the second pack EA kindly gave me.

Nearly done with FIFA now so sold TOTS Sancho and my long serving TOTGS KDB and cobbled together a team with TOTS Luis Alberto, Flashback Witsel & Mertens, EoaE Aduriz and Birthday Hazard for the craic.

Ooh, if the promo is all about these objectives, I can get on board. Loved the Odegaard, James etc objectives during future stats.

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1272482296499765248?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Ooh, if the promo is all about these objectives, I can get on board. Loved the Odegaard, James etc objectives during future stats.

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1272482296499765248?s=21

Great idea that is. Hopefully it can add a little bit of fun to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

These sort of linked objectives keep things interesting.

I have to say, even though it can p*ss me off sometimes, I do love when I have an oddball collection of players trying to complete several objectives at the same time, and I come up against a really good team.

And then, as has happened to all of us, I somehow win the match through a combination of skill and (mainly) luck and the other player getting really frustrated :D:D

Trying to get a particular nationality to score a finesse goal and also create an assist leads to many strange moments indeed!

• Advertisement

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Great idea that is. Hopefully it can add a little bit of fun to it.

Hopefully there will be some based in SB... I’m already seeing the sweat with Mendy in rivals :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Not a bad return on the Ultimate SBC. Fitting him in will be an issue but will manage :D

Screenshot-20200615-130909.jpg

The Future Stars objectives were engaging but the rewards themselves were not great, it was so much more work than a regular objective card, but the player you got in return was not any better than a regular objective card.

Like look at these two cards, Ziyech came out a month earlier and was far easier to get, despite being almost identical to Odegaard. It's nice to have more objectives but the work needs to be reflected in the reward.

Lu7rUpg.png

qx3wAOt.png0BPBCHm.png

Not a bad return on the Ultimate SBC. Fitting him in will be an issue but will manage :D

Screenshot-20200615-130909.jpg

He’s well worth trying to fit in! Have him up top with Ben Yedder.. scoring goals for fun and scoring every type of goal, even headers. Congrats!

Thought I'd share a goal I conceded last night in the WL.

3-3 93rd minute, then this happens...

giphy.gif

Looks like TOTSSF players will stay as rewards. Packs added to the code with them in it.

Presumably its the same as last year that G2 means a guarantee of a player from the top 5 leagues.

Remember when we got those 3 icons from EA after fifa19 was released?

Submitted One into the icon sbc requiring a icon for the jumbo rare pack.

Portuguese, ooh, ST...very excited now, Juve...damn was CR7 at Juve in Fifa18??
    Nope..but they obviously updated the transfers in it :)

And he’s going for 900k lol.
    Hello tots Firminho. Actually he’s not on the market :(

5-D8-B0-E12-4756-4268-ADDE-8-C484-F0-BE2-EC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Has anyone tried out TOTS Edouard yet? Thinking of getting him and playing him as a CAM.

Blazer wrote: »
    Remember when we got those 3 icons from EA after fifa19 was released?

Submitted One into the icon sbc requiring a icon for the jumbo rare pack.

Portuguese, ooh, ST...very excited now, Juve...damn was CR7 at Juve in Fifa18??
    Nope..but they obviously updated the transfers in it :)

And he’s going for 900k lol.
    Hello tots Firminho. Actually he’s not on the market :(

5-D8-B0-E12-4756-4268-ADDE-8-C484-F0-BE2-EC.jpg

I heard people talking about those icons alright, but I honestly can’t remember them. Were they Xbox exclusive or pre-order extras? Don’t think I got them anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I heard people talking about those icons alright, but I honestly can’t remember them. Were they Xbox exclusive or pre-order extras? Don’t think I got them anyway :pac:

EA gave everyone 4 free prime icons in Fifa 18 on New Year's Eve 2018 as a token of their appreciation for our continued engagement.

https://twitter.com/mkachakh789/status/1079806482248540162

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement