Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    There’s 20 players available in the Ultimate SBC

Out of 20 I have 1 (ONE!) of them untradeable in my club

I think you can all guess where I’m going with this ..........

Sorry I feel the need to vent my frustrations

Deluxe 1 - Duplicate Berardi
    Deluxe 2 - Lucas Perez
    Deluxe 3 - Duplicate Cazorla

Ultimate Pack - Duplicate Henderson

I mean really EA what’s the bloody point ......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Probably overspending a bit on this, putting in my red Busquets and Pozuelo, as well as 88 Desailly and TTSSF Carzola, but I'm being honest and saying I am unlikely to use any of them again this year, so may as well "take the gamble".

I'm fully expecting Sommer from it, but meh....

EDIT: Luis Alberto. Guess a 97 rated isn't bad...

Edit 2: Bloody hell, a 97 rated is "only" 120k. Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

had to do it before i packed it in.
    Carvajal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Trent in mine. As a Liverpool fan, I’m happy but then I see his price on the market... I’m better off just buying him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Wonder what they mean by “affected” players? Interesting to see what they do here.

https://twitter.com/eafifadirect/status/1271884036852629505?s=21

• Advertisement

4-8 at this stage last weekend

8-4 this weekend

Fifa is weird

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Wonder what they mean by “affected” players? Interesting to see what they do here.

https://twitter.com/eafifadirect/status/1271884036852629505?s=21

Prob means everybody who did it before the SBC was taken down

Would assume you might get the pack again like the player pick fiasco from a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

4-8 at this stage last weekend

8-4 this weekend

Fifa is weird

Yeah I'm finding WL a lot easier this week as well. I've started off 9-3 and last week I started off 5-6.

Prob means everybody who did it before the SBC was taken down

Would assume you might get the pack again like the player pick fiasco from a few weeks ago

Yeah it has to be everyone who did it, not just those who got sancho (I got him), but they’re really opening up a can of worms by admitting they manipulate player weights.
    I mean we all know it happens, but they never admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah it has to be everyone who did it, not just those who got sancho (I got him), but they’re really opening up a can of worms by admitting they manipulate player weights.
    I mean we all know it happens, but they never admit it.

Would be great if they just gave another pack to everyone that completed the SBC, even after they had taken it down. Positive energy going into 21 and everyone will forget about the FIFA 20 **** show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Yeah I'm finding WL a lot easier this week as well. I've started off 9-3 and last week I started off 5-6.

Careful Giggsy and Scorpion Sting. I was 9-2 in games when I finished playing on Friday and finished up 14-16 earlier today. No joke most of my last 20 games were against some of the best players I’ve ever played against, think I lost 10 in a row. Gave away my last 4 games because I was so fed up at that stage. Maybe i was just unlucky with the matchmaking today but to be honest I think it’s only hardcore players left playing now, most of the casuals have packed it in.

Would be great if they just gave another pack to everyone that completed the SBC, even after they had taken it down. Positive energy going into 21 and everyone will forget about the FIFA 20 **** show.

If they’d any cop on they’d actually do that. And don’t nerf the packs to give everyone sommer.

Honestly, if someone packed a Neymar/Ben yedder etc they’d be buzzing and no doubt pre order fifa 21 when they launch it this week.

GavK wrote: »
    Careful Giggsy and Scorpion Sting. I was 9-2 in games when I finished playing on Friday and finished up 14-16 earlier today. No joke most of my last 20 games were against some of the best players I’ve ever played against, think I lost 10 in a row. Gave away my last 4 games because I was so fed up at that stage. Maybe i was just unlucky with the matchmaking today but to be honest I think it’s only hardcore players left playing now, most of the casuals have packed it in.

I know I'm going to lose a fair few early on tomorrow as I come up against better opponents.

Then it'll be all about holding my nerve at the end to get at least Gold 2.

GavK wrote: »

Spot on man ended up powering on when I probably absolutely should of stoped and went on a run of 2-6 so now I’m back to square 1 at 10-10. Got some hammerings but one or two I let frustrations get the better of me.

Not that bothered any more cause even if you get Gold 2 all your probably gonna get thrown a sommer and hummels

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭GavK

Got a message when I logged into ultimate team that there was another Gauranteed ultimate TOTS pack waiting for me in “my packs”. Got oblak from this one and got to keep the Carvajal I got in yesterday’s one. Should be the same for anyone that did it before they temporarily pulled the sbc yesterday.

Yeah just logged in and had the extra pack, it was hummels.

Can we go again, 3rd time lucky :P

Ah no, Least they did the right thing.

Edit: just on that, I mean the right thing in giving the pack, the fact it highlights weight manipulation is a separate topic.

I got Alberto in the re-issued pack. Welcome to the club Luis where you can chill next to your red pick twin in the reserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Duplicate sancho ha ha ha. Thanks EA.

I'm honestly surprised they are giving out extra packs when the issue was loads of people got a great card in Sancho. If they'd gotten a normal gold card or whatever, I'd understand. People did it knowing they could get a TOTSSF, and got one of the better ones worth half a million. Unless the implication is that somehow the chances of getting Ronaldo and Messi weren't still 1%? But it feels like people who were on at the right time got a free TOTS (and most got one of the better ones) AND a free second chance too.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm honestly surprised they are giving out extra packs when the issue was loads of people got a great card in Sancho. If they'd gotten a normal gold card or whatever, I'd understand. People did it knowing they could get a TOTSSF, and got one of the better ones worth half a million. Unless the implication is that somehow the chances of getting Ronaldo and Messi weren't still 1%?

Yeah I think that’s the issue, it was skewed so highly in favour of getting sancho it really reduced the odds of getting a “super” player which are already tiny odds.

While sancho is a nice card to get, he has a market value on ps4 of 550k, the sbc cost 350k so if sanchos weight significantly reduced your already small chances of getting a neymar I suppose it was fair to give a free one to everyone who did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Duplicate Sancho here as well, FFS :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'm honestly surprised they are giving out extra packs when the issue was loads of people got a great card in Sancho. If they'd gotten a normal gold card or whatever, I'd understand. People did it knowing they could get a TOTSSF, and got one of the better ones worth half a million. Unless the implication is that somehow the chances of getting Ronaldo and Messi weren't still 1%? But it feels like people who were on at the right time got a free TOTS (and most got one of the better ones) AND a free second chance too.

Yes, made me laugh when I saw people on social media “complaining” they were getting Sancho, as you say he was one of the better cards.

Surprised they just didn’t reissue the SBC with lower pack weights rather than compensate with another. Would have been nice if they just admitted their cock up and give everyone a free pack as well as allowing those who already did it to keep their pick

Yeah I think that’s the issue, it was skewed so highly in favour of getting sancho it really reduced the odds of getting a “super” player which are already tiny odds.

While sancho is a nice card to get, he has a market value on ps4 of 550k, the sbc cost 350k so if sanchos weight significantly reduced your already small chances of getting a neymar I suppose it was fair to give a free one to everyone who did it.

Its hard to know, cause they've not been massively clear. And they won't be, given they'd have to admit odds.

Were Ronaldo and Messi's odds reduced? Or did they get Sommer and Sancho's odds mixed up, and everyone else stayed the same?

If everyone had been getting Sommer yesterday, would anyone have noticed?

If everyone hadn't been getting Sancho, would people have been happy getting a 550k card out of the pack? I'd have been thrilled...
    Boulders8 wrote: »
    Yes, made me laugh when I saw people on social media “complaining” they were getting Sancho, as you say he was one of the better cards.

Surprised they just didn’t reissue the SBC with lower pack weights rather than compensate with another. Would have been nice if they just admitted their cock up and give everyone a free pack as well as allowing those who already did it to keep their pick

They really shouldn't have compensated. As far as screw ups go, this was one that massively benefited the player base, provided they did the SBC quickly.

The fact they have has been unfair massively on the entire base now, rather than just those who did the SBC immediately.

You've got two tier of people now....

People who did 1 SBC and got two TOTSSF cards (one of which was 90% chance Sancho)
    People who did 1 SBC an hour latter, and "only" got one TOTSSF, with significally cut odds.

If they felt the need to compensate, surely the "fair" step would have been to give everyone who finished the second SBC a "free" pack with the original Sancho odds too. Give everyone two packs for doing the SBC, or just leave the SBC at the messed up rates and suck it up.

14-11

Think I’ll just leave it there, wasn’t going to bother with this wl but had Friday off so got a few in.

Was 6-9 so good to go 8-2 through my next 10.

Might try for 17 if I’m free tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Nice one EA, just opened my reissued TotSSF pack and out pops Ronaldo. I'll take it lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,612 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah that checks out, literally the one player from the Ultimate TOTS I've already got untradeable. Well, he can spend eternity in the unassigned pile I guess because that's me done with the game.

umtsA8F.png

2 shots at the pack and the combined value of my pulls doesn't even add up to the value of the SBC

qZFmwqS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

ROTW are still in picks as well for Thursday right? I'm 11-5 and dont think I cba going beyond gold 3.

Lamposts wrote: »
    ROTW are still in picks as well for Thursday right? I'm 11-5 and dont think I cba going beyond gold 3.

Yeah they are, I stopped at 14. Gavk got I think 19 wins last week and got garbage so no advantage to getting gold 2. (Well not for the extra effort involved)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Yeah they are, I stopped at 14. Gavk got I think 19 wins last week and got garbage so no advantage to getting gold 2. (Well not for the extra effort involved)

It's the whole FOMO of the game. If you don't get gold 2 then you're not gonna get the "ultimate" picks. Even though, it's literally impossible to pack one of the top tier ones in picks. But like you said, for the effort involved it doesn't seem worth it unless you're playing out of enjoyment. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,426 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I reinstalled fifa18 for the fun of it and I can still get games. In div3 and need to win one more to stay up:)
    I also have the best version of Neymar in any FIFA game.. while his stats are identical his strength is 72 compared to 56 in Fifa 20 so he’s an absolute beast in game.
    To me fifa 18 also had the best looking cards.
    Also remember that Sessengnon card...bloody hell :)

People say there’s nothing we can do to hurt fifa but i think if a whole Load of people dropped 20, didn’t buy 21 and went back to fifa18 which has the old divisions it would really send a message to EA.
    I posted on reddit but I reckon most of them will thumb it down..the plebs :)

998-AFF42-DF76-4698-8-C8-D-735-C0249-F0-F8.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement