Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

EA gave everyone 4 free prime icons in Fifa 18 on New Year's Eve 2018 as a token of their appreciation for our continued engagement.

https://twitter.com/mkachakh789/status/1079806482248540162

Hmm. I can’t remember that at all. Gonna boot up FIFA 18 and see if I redeemed them or not :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hmm. I can’t remember that at all. Gonna boot up FIFA 18 and see if I redeemed them or not :pac:

Even better was when I booted up World Cup mode I had a load of dupe icons and I spent the night resubmitting them into the icon sbc to see if I could get Gullit :)
    I didn’t but it fed my packing opening craze .
    Then I played a few games to do the weekly challenge lol.

Blazer wrote: »
    Even better was when I booted up World Cup mode I had a load of dupe icons and I spent the night resubmitting them into the icon sbc to see if I could get Gullit :)

Ya just booted up there to get the icon pack. Did everyone get the same? Laudrup, VDS, Desailly, Shevchenko. Forgot about the World Cup special cards too... have a 93 Yaya Toure who looks class.. same with Aaron Mooy. Might see if I can get a game going and try them out again. Looking forward to using Futties Lozano and Alessandrini again too :D

So many EOAE cards too.. Kaka, Pirlo, De Rossi etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Hi all,

I posted a couple of weeks ago about purchasing FIFA 20 on the PS Store sale and wondering whether it was pointless starting FUT this late in the day or not.

I decided I'd give it a go anyway and opted for a Bundesliga/German team due to it seeming like the best option in terms of price and not having much time to get up to speed.

Finished Elite 1 in Squad Battles this week and ended up packing Thiago Silva (who I sold to fund Lewandowski) and Sane in my packs which I was very happy with and I packed MOTM Schwolow from one of the early packs (think it was from an SBC). It was strange how I was getting so many Bundesliga/German players in packs after deciding to go that route but it made things much easier.

Anyway, here's my current team. I know it's miles away from the teams posted here and I'm staying well away from online modes for the moment, but I'm enjoying it so far and don't think it's too bad for a couple of weeks' work!

8ec1953e78084dd70393153b57494a11.png

Next order of business is another week of Squad Battles, get Reus for the CAM role, and then I might take a punt at getting destroyed in Rivals. :o:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

BrentMused wrote: »
    Hi all,

I posted a couple of weeks ago about purchasing FIFA 20 on the PS Store sale and wondering whether it was pointless starting FUT this late in the day or not.

I decided I'd give it a go anyway and opted for a Bundesliga/German team due to it seeming like the best option in terms of price and not having much time to get up to speed.

Finished Elite 1 in Squad Battles this week and ended up packing Thiago Silva (who I sold to fund Lewandowski) and Sane in my packs which I was very happy with and I packed MOTM Schwolow from one of the early packs (think it was from an SBC). It was strange how I was getting so many Bundesliga/German players in packs after deciding to go that route but it made things much easier.

Anyway, here's my current team. I know it's miles away from the teams posted here and I'm staying well away from online modes for the moment, but I'm enjoying it so far and don't think it's too bad for a couple of weeks' work!

Next order of business is another week of Squad Battles, get Reus for the CAM role, and then I might take a punt at getting destroyed in Rivals. :o:pac:

Fair play! If you can get a German manager you'll get extra chem on Sane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Duplicate storage was one of the best things in that World Cup mode - would be a useful feature to incorporate in 21

Ya just booted up there to get the icon pack. Did everyone get the same? Laudrup, VDS, Desailly, Shevchenko. Forgot about the World Cup special cards too... have a 93 Yaya Toure who looks class.. same with Aaron Mooy. Might see if I can get a game going and try them out again. Looking forward to using Futties Lozano and Alessandrini again too :D

So many EOAE cards too.. Kaka, Pirlo, De Rossi etc.

Yep everyone got the same.
    Be nice if we got a few games going again on it.

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Duplicate storage was one of the best things in that World Cup mode - would be a useful feature to incorporate in 21

I’d say that’s what FUT would look like if loot boxes are banned in the UK, France etc with the pending cases against them. I reckon that’s what EA were testing with untradeable rewards, players’ reliability on SBCs etc.

Would certainly make the game interesting with lots of variations of players!
    Yep everyone got the same.
    Be nice if we got a few games going again on it.

I tried this morning getting a game but nothing there.. would be great to try out those cards again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Mr Moon wrote: »

Haha was literally coming on here to post this.

Outrageous!! They just want a hate filled community and are willing to clamp down and punish people being nice yet let so much other rule breaking go on such as coin transfers, disconnect glitches etc.

I was very strongly leaning towards not getting fifa 21, crap like this is making the decision very easy.

• Advertisement

Only an 84 squad if anyone is running a bundes team

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1272891837846519816?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Only an 84 squad if anyone is running a bundes team

https://twitter.com/easportsfifa/status/1272891837846519816?s=21

Better off buying his almost identical FUT Birthday card with a 5* WF

Yeah, for the extra 25k his fut bday card is supposed to be awesome.

I could do it for little or nothing but don't really need him. I do need to put my 94 duplicate Henderson into something though.

Jesus didn’t realise an 84 squad was 70k.

Had 30/35k in my head.

Yeah, for the extra 25k his fut bday card is supposed to be awesome.

I could do it for little or nothing but don't really need him. I do need to put my 94 duplicate Henderson into something though.

I imagine there’ll be better sbc’s as part of the summer heat promo.
    If you have a few restores left, restore Henderson before the 7 days expire and discard him again, that’ll buy you another 7 days :)

Did Havertz as it was cheap and I was bored - he’s probably 4th choice for the central midfield positions in my Bundasliga team, behind Witsel, Thiago and Sabitzer. May try him instead of Thiago as he’s been the least impressive of the 3.

Hopefully there will be some decent content/objectives with the summer heat promo and end of seasons as not really feeling trying to grind for the Grealish and Raphinha objectives

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

My club is drained from SBC's. Looking forward to getting some cash and player's in on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

BrentMused wrote: »
    Hi all,

Blazer linked this clip a few weeks back.

I think a few of us have taken some tips from it. Especially about the defending. Worth having a look IMO.

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
    After deleting my whole team I restore Salah and Cuardardo and Ndidi and used them for the ultimate sbc but failed and got Carvahal.
    So I had 900k and after a bit of chopping and changing am now using the below team in 4231 formation.

And it feels as good as my super team.
    Approx 10 million wasted in 3 weeks dicking around and zero regrets about it.
    I’m no longer locked into my untradeable team and it allows me to mess around a bit with other players.
    Varane feels bloody excellent, I can see why his tots card is still 1.6 mill.
    Kante is amazing as always.
    I’d love Griezemann fb card but I’m poor now :)
    I might trade Kroos in for Modric but will see.

131-F9858-9-A80-44-C4-8-F9-F-9-CF3-E55399-A8.png

After deleting my whole team I restore Salah and Cuardardo and Ndidi and used them for the ultimate sbc but failed and got Carvahal.
    So I had 900k and after a bit of chopping and changing am now using the below team in 4231 formation.

I’m no longer locked into my untradeable team and it allows me to mess around a bit with other players.

Reading this, I miss my FUT bday Griezmann! He's only going for 500k now, very tempted to get him in! He's probably the best player I've used this year.

How are you finding Aduriz?

• Advertisement

Reading this, I miss my FUT bday Griezmann! He's only going for 500k now, very tempted to get him in! He's probably the best player I've used this year.

How are you finding Aduriz?

Honestly I’m sorry I wasted the coins on him. He’s scoring no bother but his agility and balance is very low. But he is big and strong, good skills and an absolute rocket of a shot.
    I would have instead used the coins for Modric or fb Rodrigo.

You have less than 22k in coins, even I’m richer than you now - not by much though :)-

Glad I went with a french hybrid la liga squad.
    Should have Mendy in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

I logged in and got a free ultimate pack and got 86 inform Andy Robertson

Ben Yedder will come in handy for those objectives :pac: not liking the clean sheet objective though. Gonna be a ton of people self-relegating!

Opened my ultimate pack... OTW Haller and 83s. Bloody hell.

Ben Yedder will come in handy for those objectives :pac: not liking the clean sheet objective though. Gonna be a ton of people self-relegating!

Yeah clean sheet will be a pain because isn’t it that one that you need to win by 2? So I can see people quitting at 1-0 out of spite.

The thing is, at least it’s a card worth the grind.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Yeah clean sheet will be a pain because isn’t it that one that you need to win by 2? So I can see people quitting at 1-0 out of spite.

The thing is, at least it’s a card worth the grind.

Yeah, I think it’s win by 2. Hopefully those relegating will score 2 own goals and quit! At least it’s 30 days anyway. 30 days for me to improve my defending :pac:

Damm those self relegators - I’m quite happy pottering between Divisions 8-10 but now looks like I may have some elite company :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,592 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Free Ultimate pack wasn't bad

BjDmROk.png

(still barely worth 125k :D )

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think it’s win by 2. Hopefully those relegating will score 2 own goals and quit! At least it’s 30 days anyway. 30 days for me to improve my defending :pac:

Oh it’s actually only 1 match, I thought it was 10, ah that’s not too bad so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement