Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Took TAA and Laba for G3. Got offered that ROMANIAN 86 LW twice.

Anyone have a recommendation for a box to box Icon for around the 150k mark?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    They are some decent pull's all things considered lads ha. I got Alberto and Laba

Thing is with Alberto and Lala is you can link them in.

For me, Orisic is impossible to link in unless you're running an icon or two. He's a great looking super sub but he won't improve my squad at all, or elevate me up a level at WL.

Oblak is great if you've got a Spanish league squad, but again, his nationality is a disaster for linking him into other teams. Both of the pulls are extremely limited.

Plus I don't find upgrading your keeper does much to upgrade your team overall.

Again, I think I'm just bitter over the lack of Icon SBCs. Last year at this time, I had just added r9, Dinho and Gullet into my squad, and as a result, I saw my WL results jump up a level or two. There was noticable improvements to my results. This year, the rewards haven't done that. Rashford and Auba were amazing pulls for me, but they really were the only pulls from WL I got that actually improved my team. (Thankfully the SBCs were pretty good to me). I'm still on 14 wins each weekend, same as Ive been for months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Lord TSC wrote:
    Thing is with Alberto and Lala is you can link them in.

I wish I got lala man.... But its laba i got ha

Lord TSC wrote:
    Again, I think I'm just bitter over the lack of Icon SBCs. Last year at this time, I had just added r9, Dinho and Gullet into my squad, and as a result, I saw my WL results jump up a level or two. There was noticable improvements to my results. This year, the rewards haven't done that. Rashford and Auba were amazing pulls for me, but they really were the only pulls from WL I got that actually improved my team. (Thankfully the SBCs were pretty good to me). I'm still on 14 wins each weekend, same as Ive been for months now.

I 100% agree with you here. Early on last year I was gold 3. As my squad improved I was hitting gold 2 no problem. And by the end of the year gold 1.

This year its been a struggle to get to gold 2. Maybe hit it about 6 or 7 times all year.

I wish I got lala man.... But its laba i got ha

Whoops, sorry. I thought it was an auto-correct issue :o

(Actually as a sub, Laba looks like he could be kind of fun, with us 96 pace, 99 heading accuracy, 99 jumping, 99 strenght, and "Power Header" trait

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Whoops, sorry. I thought it was an auto-correct issue :o

(Actually as a sub, Laba looks like he could be kind of fun, with us 96 pace, 99 heading accuracy, 99 jumping, 99 strenght, and "Power Header" trait

Your only trying to make me feel better about getting him man. Who are we kidding, even with those amazing heading stat's what are the chances i score a header with him this fifa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Your only trying to make me feel better about getting him man. Who are we kidding, even with those amazing heading stat's what are the chances i score a header with him this fifa.

I'm a disaster with crossing. Always seem to choose the wrong cross and if even if do pick out a player, heading in this game is dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

WL rewards weren't great for Gold 2.

TAA 95, Edouard 92 and two unknown 89's. Took Edouard to try as a supersub.

Then Oblak 96, Edouard 92 and two different unknown 89's. Took Oblak for fodder.

I can't see me playing WL again for the proposed rewards.

He links with Adebayor too, who also has great heading stats.

Just keep lumping the ball in and eventually one will go in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I’m in trouble with the Mendy objective already, lol. The only French player I have who could help with the long shot part are a Zidane loan icon with 6 games remaining!

I have 90 unopened packs so hope to pack a Dembele or Ben Yedder as their regular cards are extinct on the market and I can’t afford any of their special cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

Oblak and Benzema from Gold 2 this week, MEH

Benzema fits into the squad so I can sell Fekir.

I think like most that’s the end of the weekend league for me this year, If I ever want to play I can prob grind out for the 89 Mendy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I'm a disaster with crossing. Always seem to choose the wrong cross and if even if do pick out a player, heading in this game is dodgy.

Heading is non existent, try driven crosses holding the L1 button.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just lost my last 6 games in a row.... scored maybe twice too. Skill level is through the roof. 3/5 wins for the futmas card. This is going to be a long grind :pac:

Just wait till you meet the toxic pricks.
    I just played a guy and we both had futmas Mendy so it’s play a game and score a goal with a player with 4*skills and 5*wf.
    He brings on Lasagna and i let him score a few goals as I couldn’t care less. So then I’m clean through with Lemar and he chops him down. He tried his utmost to stop me from scoring with Lemar the entire game and only in the last 20 seconds then I finesse in one from 30 yards with him.
    I ran the pitch length shushing the dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

This is fifa.

Got the 87 mendy easy as I already had the futmas one so didn’t need the 5 wins to start the objective.

Lucky enough to have fut birthday mbappe & tots Ben yedder so got the 2 long range goal with French player in first 2 matches with 87 mendy.
    Also got 2 crosses.

So all I need now is 9 more matches with 87 mendy and 1 more crossed assist with him.

Come up against a guy with 89 mendy, he’s very clearly a div 1,2 player. Battering me, he keeps trying to get his goal and assist with mendy, goes 2 up quickly but no goal or assist from mendy (who he’s playing as a striker)

So I go, right, he’s going to beat me anyway, might aswell help him out and maybe he’ll return the favour but no worries if he doesn’t, it’ll still count for me as game played with 87 mendy.

Kick the ball back to my keeper twice, let him get goal and assist with mendy, all good.

I go to attack down his flank with mendy for a cross, he stops me. That’s fine, he has no obligation to help me.

He’s 6-0 up by half time, I’ve made another couple of failed attempts to get mendy into a crossing position.

Then from 55 mins onwards he proceeds to just pass the ball around the back, run to corners etc.

He’s 6-0 up like, I could’ve easily quit at 2 nil and he’d have completed zero of the objectives.
    I didn’t ask him for any favors but to actively spend 35 mins passing the ball around to prevent me from getting any chances to cross is very pathetic but unfortunately doesn’t even surprise me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yup, those two experiences just about sums up objectives this year. I really hope they add a different game mode to do objectives in. Would reduce my rage by a considerable amount.

I’m one win away and I’ll have the futmas Mendy, so hopefully it’ll all start to fall into place after that. Long shots and crosses are the tricky ones for me. I’ll prob play Mendy at CAM to get his assists done and then just hope and pray with crosses :pac:

Yup, those two experiences just about sums up objectives this year. I really hope they add a different game mode to do objectives in. Would reduce my rage by a considerable amount.

I’m one win away and I’ll have the futmas Mendy, so hopefully it’ll all start to fall into place after that. Long shots and crosses are the tricky ones for me. I’ll prob play Mendy at CAM to get his assists done and then just hope and pray with crosses :pac:

Yeah once you get the 85 mendy, The 87 and 89 mendy are fairly straight forward, because you don’t need to win any of the matches, bit time consuming but if you don’t care about the losses which I doubt anyone does at this stage you can just use the rubber band trick once you have the French goals etc.

The last part will be the tricky one, getting 10 wins with mendy assists. You’ll get it done, it’ll just take a bit of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I just had my most enjoyable game of Fifa in a while there. Some poor chap was trying to do the Mendy 87 crossing objective so I just swarmed him every time in that corner of the pitch, I think he got one cross in all game.

At the very end I spammed the offside trap to let him through, pulled the keeper out, he took too many touches and when he got his cross and header in a defender cleared it off the line lol.

Aw dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Hogey007 wrote: »
    rubber band trick
    What is the rubber band trick?

Twitch prime packs are out. Guaranteed 83+ player pick.. got Koulibaly from it myself. SBC fodder :)

cintec wrote: »
    What is the rubber band trick?

On ps4 just put a rubber band around the r3 and R4 buttons so you remain active, let the game play and just feck off and make your dinner or something.

Just be careful that when you’re defending to the right your defender doesn’t run into the net 3 times as 3 own goals is a forfeit :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Twitch prime packs are out. Guaranteed 83+ player pick.. got Koulibaly from it myself. SBC fodder :)

Nice. I got Otw Maguire from my player pick.
    And shapeshifter David Luiz as regular card :)

Blazer wrote: »
    Nice. I got Otw Maguire from my player pick.
    And shapeshifter David Luiz as regular card :)

Oof, that David Luiz looks great. Prime icon packs out and Ryan Kent is coming too... with 5* skill moves. ****.

Ryan Kent is coming too... with 5* skill moves. ****.

giphy.gif

Prime icon sbc’s

1 x 88 squad.

Did 1

Please be Brazil flag, it is!!

Onto a winner here lads!

LW......
    Ah crap, not Ronaldo, but yeah I’ll take ronaldinho!
    Ea: “like **** you will! Here’s rivaldo for you!”

Forgot he even existed in it.

Were the bronze/silver/gold upgrade packs updated today or yesterday?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Can’t wait to use him up top with Ben Yedder and Lewa :D

Haven’t done an icon pack this year so I decided **** it it’s June and done 3

1st - Riquelme (Feckin thought it was Maradona)
    2nd - Desailly
    3rd - Trezeguet

2 Duds and a small win I’d say

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    Haven’t done an icon pack this year so I decided **** it it’s June and done 3

1st - Riquelme (Feckin thought it was Maradona)
    2nd - Desailly
    3rd - Trezeguet

2 Duds and a small win I’d say

Done 1 more cause I’m a degenerate gambler and got

4th - Petit

Could be worse I suppose (3 French in a Row)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone do ndombele yet? Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Have 89 Mendy now after starting from scratch.

Now onto the hard part, getting wins and scoring with him...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement