Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Supports Greta. Calls out another poster for "emotional appeal propaganda".

Thats an F- in self awareness.

Bless you but you really do don't understand it do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

mooreman09 wrote: »
    For what Its worth. I think its brilliant that kids are being educated on this and being encouraged to get involved.

They have been indoctrinated NOT educated on the subject of catastrophic anthropogenic global warming. All they are doing is feeding back the propaganda they have been taught, that is not education.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Shame on the parents for pushing Greta into this position!! How do you think she will feel in 10 years time when this fad has passed? You did'nt, Did you??

Proud I'd say, and probably even more driven, us aspies tend not to give up too easily, particularly in relation to injustices

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Report in US yesterday that 30% of bird numbers in the states have disappeared in last 50 years. This thread is populated by many who think that's not a problem.

Think its fantastic to see reporters of millions of people at thousands of marches in a hundred countries demand action.

And for those who have claimed Greta was doing this for attention or is being manipulated, I hope he saw her at the select committee in the US this week. Her evidence was the IPCC report and when oil lobby supported politicians questioned her, she was able to give her view without looking lost or needing someone to tell her what to say.

Those damn windmills have a lot to answer for.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

They have been indoctrinated NOT educated on the subject of catastrophic anthropogenic global warming. All they are doing is feeding back the propaganda they have been taught, that is not education.

NASA, Royal Society of Chemistry, United Nations, countless universities and professors worldwide,(including Irish) all part of a massive global propaganda campaign.
    Sure what would they know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

Eh - such hyperbolic nonsense. You're clearly a lonely bored person who spends too much time reading sh1te online.

Indoctrinated?? Ha.

They are being encouraged to recycle and respect the planet. Hardly and evil agenda. Clearly you don't know/talk to any kids in this age group? The Eco warriors have caught their imagination and its going to make a huge difference in the future and its dragging older people like me (30's) along with them.

To think this is bad/evil/untoward is simply weird and sad on your behalf. Get a life.

Explain how its harmful in any way?

Also, you're quoting RT!! HA HA - Talk about indoctrination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

So all you think we can carry on as is and the earth will be just fine or what?

Yes.

For every scientist pushing this climate change nonsense there is another disputing it.

The climate on earth has always changed since earth began.

Suddenly it’s humans fault.

.03% of the 4% of carbon in the atmosphere is from humans.

We make absolutely no difference to the earths climate.

What a load of BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

I've noticed a lot of "12 years until destruction," and the like, placards lately. Where are they plucking this number from?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

lola85 wrote: »
    Yes.

For every scientist pushing this climate change nonsense there is another disputing it.

What a load of BS.

No there's not, not even close

And by the way there is no carbon in the atmosphere, it is carbon dioxide and current levels are about .04%. 4% carbon in the atmosphere? letting yourself down a bit there.

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Eh - such hyperbolic nonsense. You're clearly a lonely bored person who spends too much time reading sh1te online.

Indoctrinated?? Ha.

They are being encouraged to recycle and respect the planet. Hardly and evil agenda. Clearly you don't know/talk to any kids in this age group? The Eco warriors have caught their imagination and its going to make a huge difference in the future and its dragging older people like me (30's) along with them.

To think this is bad/evil/untoward is simply weird and sad on your behalf. Get a life.

Explain how its harmful in any way?

Also, you're quoting RT!! HA HA - Talk about indoctrination.

Sorry but how is recycling anything to do with climate change???

That’s an environmental issue.

Two totally different things.

Grrrr the amount of uneducated adults listening to nonsense really makes me wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,927 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes.

What a load of BS.

Pretty much all scientists agree that man made climate heating is happening.
    Anyway, what about this? Everything is f**ked nature wise in Ireland. Is that ok? Do we not need to be cleaner?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/mass-extinction-of-species-is-happening-in-ireland-ngo-says-1.3742508

You think we can carry on consuming and polluting as we do, and it'll all be fine?

joe40 wrote: »
    No there's not, not even close

Ok maybe I’ll rephrase it.

Climate change is happening as it always has.

Whether humans are causing it is disputed in many on both sides.

I've noticed a lot of "12 years until destruction," and the like, placards lately. Where are they plucking this number from?

Nowhere.

It’s scaring kids for no reason.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

It's a cult for posh liberals and brainwashed children. The same types would be the first to knock organised religion. Yet they run around saying the world is ending and we are in a catastrophic emergency. Looney lefties for you.

Pretty much all scientists agree that man made climate heating is happening.
    Anyway, what about this? Everything is f**ked nature wise in Ireland. Is that ok? Do we not need to be cleaner?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/environment/mass-extinction-of-species-is-happening-in-ireland-ngo-says-1.3742508

You think we can carry on consuming and polluting as we do, and it'll all be fine?

Once again that’s an environmental issue.

Totally different to climate change.

It's a cult for posh liberals and brainwashed children. The same types would be the first to knock organised religion. Yet they run around saying the world is ending and we are in a catastrophic emergency. Looney lefties for you.

I live in a council estate and I consider myself liberal by the way! And I believe in man made climate change!

Once again that’s an environmental issue.

Totally different to climate change.

It's kind of all related. Do you not think we need major changes in how we currently live our lives, given how determent to the environment it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

It's eerily reminiscent of all the guff people used to spout in the early 2000s about having hit peak oil, a decade or so of it left, societal collapse etc.

It's kind of all related. Do you not think we need major changes in how we currently live our lives, given how determent to the environment it is?
    Tell it to Americans and Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Ok maybe I’ll rephrase it.

Climate change is happening as it always has.

Whether humans are causing it is disputed in many on both sides.

A - Rate. Of. Change, Lola. That is the issue. You should take some time to try to understand it.

B - The number I'd educated professionals saying climate change is an issue, vasssssssssssstly outweighs any saying it isn't.

• Advertisement

Sorry but how is recycling anything to do with climate change???

That’s an environmental issue.

Two totally different things.

Grrrr the amount of uneducated adults listening to nonsense really makes me wonder.

Apology accepted.

It's about the overall wellbeing of the planet. Recycling is better than this stuff getting shipped off to the sea or burned (affecting CO2 levels ;))

Honestly, your contrarian view and need to correct ambiguity to push your own agenda is pointless.

You add nothing that way. But you probably know that :)

A carbon tax will end up at increasing the price of everything including food.

Companies will leave Ireland for zero carbon taxes countries like China.

Jobs lost, prices up and all for what?

Nothing will have been saved.

Nonsense.

How are the Americans and Chinese causing this?

This has to be the laziest f**king sentence used by your side of the argument by the way. It's a global issue. We fuel the Chinese economy, who do you think they sell their pointless crap to?

What have posh liberals got to do with it? Are you intimidated because some people you know that are more successful than you have these opinions?

I don't get the Posh Liberal comment? Explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

According to who?

In the last 10 million years there have been Many,Many Major Climate Changes, Both High temperatures, and Low.
    How many cars were there 9 million years ago?
    Who was to blame then?
    Did the Megabeasts cause most of the climate change events?

Didn't think so.....

A carbon tax will end up at increasing the price of everything including food.

Companies will leave Ireland for zero carbon taxes countries like China.

Jobs lost, prices up and all for what?

Nothing will have been saved.

Nonsense.
    It also won't effect wealthy people in Ranelagh with access to the Luas. It will be another tax on rural areas where there are no public transport. Hence why it's mostly City people involved in this.

There are so many eejits here that watch too many outrageous videos at home who aren't in the real world. Jesus!

It also won't effect wealthy people in Ranelagh with access to the Luas. It will be another tax on rural areas where there are no public transport. Hence why it's mostly City people involved in this.

There's no public transport because it's impossible to provide public transport to one off housing scattered all over the place

• Advertisement

Ah Stop

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement