Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭2020Vision

The end of the world as we know it? The end of Gretta's reign as the climate figurehead? The end of capitalism? A combination of factors coming together in a perfect storm?

Don't forget Brexit!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

jackboy wrote: »
    Good stuff. I presume your inspired niece insisted that she should receive no presents for Christmas and she now cycles to school.

You're the type of person who asks people in favour of an asylum process if they will let asylum seekers live in their home.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Paddygreen

I would be slow to praise the Roman Catholic Church but I must say that I am glad to see that the Vatican has fully recognised the stark reality of the climate emergency and embraced both the scientific consensus and the idea that people's behaviours will have to change going forward. It is encouraging to see Pope Francis leading his flock in the right direction.

2020Vision wrote: »
    So you agree that our planet is fukced? Not much point in waffling about Greta and the politicians of tomorrow so, is there?

Things will get better as the mitigation measures are fully implemented and society is guided properly to fit in with the new reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭randd1

Paddygreen wrote: »
    I would be slow to praise the Roman Catholic Church but I must say that I am glad to see that the Vatican has fully recognised the stark reality of the climate emergency and embraced both the scientific consensus and the idea that people's behaviours will have to change going forward. It is encouraging to see Pope Francis leading his flock in the right direction.

If only they applied it to themselves, its followers would be better off.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    We are coming towards the end lol. Live everyday like it’s your last..
    Only 3 and a half days left:eek::eek:

2020Vision wrote: »
    Don't forget Brexit!
    As the apocalypse engulfs them re-mainers will be applying to re-join the Eu;):eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Things will get better as the mitigation measures are fully implemented and society is guided properly to fit in with the new reality.

I’m gonna go out on a limb and suggest you don’t know what a tipping point is, based on your last 2 posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Implementing measures wont be easy, in fact it will be nigh on impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

Climate saint Greta Trunburg is settling sail for UN climate talks in New York to demand that governments socially engineer and tax the little people into oblivion to save the planet. Accompanied by her film maker father who lives vicariously through her, a filthy rich aristocrat from Monaco and some German bloke the trip will no doubt vastly increase the wattage of her halo before she lectures us all about impending climate Armageddon in New York. Hopefully snaps from the trip will make it into Hello! Magazine.

OOOOOH, the big man is scawed of the lickle, ickle girl! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

URASFLGAL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

OOOOOH, the big man is scawed of the lickle, ickle girl! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

URASFLGAL.

You're a bit late to the EOTW party no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Thats great news, our glaciers wont be melting so.:pac:

easypazz wrote: »
    Thats great news, our glaciers wont be melting so.:pac:

Fact: The last glaciers in Ireland melted approx. 12,000 years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I feel it my duty to inform you that we are in a new century with global challenges, first and foremost is the climate emergency. Glib comments about Nazi Germany and the USSR are typically used to distract by deniers, I have seen them all over Facebook. Thankfully most right thinking people are beginning to realise that sacrifices must be made if we are to stop this planet from becoming a lifeless rock.
    Have you spoken with your children and relatives about sterilisation, their body, no choice?

Have you spoken with your children and relatives about sterilisation, their body, no choice?

Like Prince Philip I hope to become a deadly humanity killing virus when I reincarnate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,224 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

gozunda wrote: »
    Fact: The last glaciers in Ireland melted approx. 12,000 years ago...

July 19th, wasn't it?

Will the Catholic Church be giving up its extraordinary wealth to create the miracle we need to save us from climate change or will it just contribute

‘ warming words '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Winning_Stroke

blinding wrote: »
    Will the Catholic Church be giving up its extraordinary wealth to create the miracle we need to save us from climate change or will it just contribute

‘ warming words '

Yeah, they're going to be flogging off the Sistine Chapel to Johnny Ronan to develop flats in. The priceless art work will be sold to Chinese and Russian billionaires as part of the money laundering art world, and all the hospitals and schools will be re-opening as McDonalds and Subways.

Yeah, they're going to be flogging off the Sistine Chapel to Johnny Ronan to develop flats in. The priceless art work will be sold to Chinese and Russian billionaires as part of the money laundering art world, and all the hospitals and schools will be re-opening as McDonalds and Subways.
    I’ll take it from that you do not believe they are going to contribute their vast wealth to stop the Climate Apocalypse .

How useful will all their wealth and belongings be after the Climate Apocalypse .

Perhaps they are keeping their wealth for the afterlife, after the Climate Apocalypse ?:eek::eek:

• Advertisement

I’ll take it from that you do not believe they are going to contribute their vast wealth to stop the Climate Apocalypse .

How useful will all their wealth and belongings be after the Climate Apocalypse .

Perhaps they are keeping their wealth for the afterlife, after the Climate Apocalypse ?:eek::eek:

Climate Crisis => Climate Emergency => Cimate Apocalyse

We're getting there - keep going ...

Climate Crisis => Climate Emergency => Cimate Apocalyse

We're getting there - keep going ...
    End of days:eek::eek: , but the Catholic Church still holding on to all its money ,valuables, property . Its almost as if they do not believe a word they preach !:eek::eek:

End of days:eek::eek: , but the Catholic Church still holding on to all its money ,valuables, property . Its almost as if they do not believe a word they preach !:eek::eek:

True but Afaik the catholic church are not trying to claim that civilisation is going to end in approx 10 years as promoted by some of the more belligerent climate alarmists - greta included ;)

True but Afaik the catholic church are not trying to claim that civilisation is going to end in approx 10 years as promoted by some of the more belligerent climate alarmists - greta included ;)
    I err . I thought Greta was God Now !;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

az1YL6z_460swp.webp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭NSAman

I err . I thought Greta was God Now !;)

Always knew God had Asperger's

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

NSAman wrote: »
    Always knew God had Asperger's

What does this mean?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

I was just thinking there.

So there's like 7 billion people in the world now. Lets say they all own a car on average over their lifetime.

That's 7 billion cars that required massive digging, massive resources etc to make. The idea that this many people can easily live on the planet without harming it is naiive.

Just like the afterlife is a fairytale for people who are afraid of the dark, renewables are a fairytale for people who are afraid of the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I was just thinking there.

So there's like 7 billion people in the world now. Lets say they all own a car on average over their lifetime.

That's 7 billion cars that required massive digging, massive resources etc to make. The idea that this many people can easily live on the planet without harming it is naiive.

Just like the afterlife is a fairytale for people who are afraid of the dark, renewables are a fairytale for people who are afraid of the future.

So, what do you think should be done?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

So, what do you think should be done?

Euthanasia?
    Remember the Irish story we had to do in the Leaving Cert- Halla na Suaimhneas- all about population control?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement