Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greta and the aristocrat sail the high seas to save the planet.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

6d7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Its nauseating having to listen to this privileged girl talk about her childhood being robbed, seriously Greta? tell that to the kids in Africa, Yemen, Syria.

Also while she's at it she should take a gander at the children affected by the Chernobyl disaster to see what stolen dreams and stolen childhoods really look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Its nauseating having to listen to this privileged girl talk about her childhood being robbed, seriously Greta? tell that to the kids in Africa, Yemen, Syria.

Also while she's at it she should take a gander at the children affected by the Chernobyl disaster to see what stolen dreams and stolen childhoods really look like.
    if she was speaking on any other topic she'd be torn asunder by the white privilege intersectional crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Yeah! Whatabout... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

She's looking in the wrong direction. Her money and fame hungry parents stole her childhood. They both see her as source of income, attention, free holidays, apperance fees, royalties for contrived books etc. Climate pimps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Let her deal with one thing at a time.

I'm not heavily invested in this myself as I'll be dead by the time the world explodes (probably) but I caught a snippet of her speech on the news yesterday. I thought it was an incredibly brave thing for a 16 year old kid to speak in front of the UN and it was a powerful outburst. Won't change anything mind you but at least she's trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

gimli2112 wrote: »

I'm not heavily invested in this myself as I'll be dead by the time the world explodes (probably) but I caught a snippet of her speech on the news yesterday. I thought it was an incredibly brave thing for a 16 year old kid to speak in front of the UN and it was a powerful outburst. Won't change anything mind you but at least she's trying.

Look having an opinion and highlighting the problem of climate change is something everyone can get behind...

But stolen dreams? Stolen childhood? Give it over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Where is she sailing to next ? China, India ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

gimli2112 wrote: »

trying what?

trying to stop the inevitable?
    trying to sway opinion of world leaders so that they can come up with ways to make humans pay "taxes" to fix the problem? how does money fix climate change?

no changes that we make will stop the world doing what it is going to do anyway, so why all the drama? for money is my guess.

only a fool would buy into this whole thing.
    yes, climate is changing - but it always was, always did and will change no matter what we do.

the ice age, anyone??
    how would people paying more taxes have helped stop the ice age?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

trying what?

trying to stop the inevitable?
    trying to sway opinion of world leaders so that they can come up with ways to make humans pay "taxes" to fix the problem? how does money fix climate change?

no changes that we make will stop the world doing what it is going to do anyway, so why all the drama? for money is my guess.

only a fool would buy into this whole thing.
    yes, climate is changing - but it always was, always did and will change no matter what we do.

the ice age, anyone??
    how would people paying more taxes have helped stop the ice age?

The whole thing is down to one thing only and nothing else , tax tax tax. All it will do is make the rich richer and the poor poorer,

I wonder how they'll come up with a tax scheme as the sun ages and gets hotter?

• Advertisement

Micky 32 wrote: »
    The whole thing is down to one thing only and nothing else , tax tax tax. All it will do is make the rich richer and the poor poorer,

I wonder how they'll come up with a tax scheme as the sun ages and gets hotter?

ridiculous!

did ye see all the little gobsh!tes on Claire Byrne last night?
    is it just me, or do all these climate change "Believers" all seem to be of college-going age?

why do colleges in this country continue to brainwash these young people into all these extreme beliefs?!

ITS ALL NONSENSE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

statesaver wrote: »

Into the sunset never to be seen again, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,449 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Maybe I am wrong here, i don't know. Has this 16 year old kid got anything better to do then p!ss and moan and claim her human rights are violated because of climate change ? Is she just looking for attention ? I'm confused what the hell a 16 year old kid gives two sh!tes about Climate change for? She should be focusing on teenage stuff, not climate change. Crying in front of the UN about climate change and how it effects her and such. I think it's rather strange behavior from a child to be honest to take such a serious attitude in such things. Do people think because she is a kid that they should automatically listen ? :confused:

Do you think climate change is real ? What were you doing when you were 16 ? I was focusing on the birds. Climate change, global warming, politics in general didn't breeze past my mind. Green house gases.... GTFO of here. I had an extra spicy curry tonight and i got some gas worth crying over...

She is not a normal teenager though. I am not sure I am allowed to elaborate on that as it has already resulted in me being banned from a 'looking to be offended' mod on the environment thread.

But it is here in this video

So she is not your garden variety teenager and only sees the issue in black and white. It is understandable why she does not see nuance in it.
    She does not see the teenagers who use technology built by factories in China/India etc - with materials and minerals mined in Africa.

If Greta encouraged teenagers (western teenagers in particular) to move away from dependence on technology it would make more sense. Less damage to the environment as so on.
    There is also the question of the developing world and thier need to industrialise to have a better quality of life. Which she never seems to consider.
    All I ever heard from her is soundbites.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

statesaver wrote: »

Yeah I'm sure she would get a big round of applause lecturing the People's Congress in China about how ashamed they should be for stealing her childhood :D

ridiculous!

did ye see all the little gobsh!tes on Claire Byrne last night?
    is it just me, or do all these climate change "Believers" all seem to be of college-going age?

hy do colleges in this country continue to brainwash these young people into all these extreme beliefs?!

ITS ALL NONSENSE

The governments are loving these people including Greta, they probably hope they brainwash people so when all these taxes come we'll accept them.

Oh I forgot to mention, seeing no ones mentioned it or any of the governments have, the sun has increased its energy output in the last 100 years....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭begsbyOnaTrain

Oh I forgot to mention, seeing no ones mentioned it or any of the governments have, the sun has increased its energy output in the last 100 years....

That's all Murdoch's doing.

The governments are loving these people including Greta, they probably hope they brainwash people so when all these taxes come we'll accept them.

that is LITERALLY the exact thing that's happening.

it's part of the new world order.
    same as brexit and Trump being in power.

it's all money for the rich, and the poor will do the bidding.

i've said it already, and it's nothing to do with her aspergers -
    this person Greta, is NOT A CHILD.

it is a fully grown 40+ year old woman posing as a child so that people dont argue. it is an effective means to MAKE people listen, as when it's a "child" doing the lecturing, then nobody wants to be seen to argue with them.

GRETA IS A 40 YEAR OLD WOMAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

it is a fully grown 40+ year old woman posing as a child so that people dont argue. it is an effective means to MAKE people listen, as when it's a "child" doing the lecturing, then nobody wants to be seen to argue with them.

Source?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Source?

why would i have a source for a theory that i have?

you see... i have whats called MY OWN thoughts.

unlike some, who have been brainwashed into mad beliefs, and any time those beliefs are merely questioned, they insist on a "source".

fvck your source.

if you are "fighting for climate change" - then you are literally asking to be taxed for no reason.

WHAT CAN BE ACTUALLY DONE to stop the climate from changing?

if the world is going to end, it'll end.

simple as that.

i still stand by my theory- GRETA IS A FULLY GROWN ADULT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,399 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

why would i have a source for a theory that i have?

you see... i have whats called MY OWN thoughts.

unlike some, who have been brainwashed into mad beliefs, and any time those beliefs are merely questioned, they insist on a "source".

fvck your source.

if you are "fighting for climate change" - then you are literally asking to be taxed for no reason.

WHAT CAN BE ACTUALLY DONE to stop the climate from changing?

if the world is going to end, it'll end.

simple as that.

i still stand by my theory- GRETA IS A FULLY GROWN ADULT

Are you sure she isnt a lizard person?

Source?

Usually theories, even conspiracy theories are based on something even partially credible. Eg.Robert Kennedy’s assassination and the earth xtra bullets found at the scene.
    Yours is based on the thoughts in your own head.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,965 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

What is the point in this thread apart from men venting their hatred for greta and fictionary privileged people who live off their parents and go to bali and south america 4 times a year?
    Thank you Greta for annoying these people even if thats all you ever achieve!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

One thing is certainly true - Asbergers doesn't have to block you from achieving big things.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What is the point in this thread apart from men venting their hatred for greta and fictionary privileged people who live off their parents and go to bali and south america 4 times a year?
    This is a thread of the weird and wonderful indeed!:)

Usually theories, even conspiracy theories are based on something even partially credible. Eg.Robert Kennedy’s assassination and the earth xtra bullets found at the scene.
    Yours is based on the thoughts in your own head.

and what is wrong with having ones own thoughts?

you havent got your own thoughts. you are the victim of brainwashing, and therefore can't comprehend the idea of coming up with an idea or a thought that hasnt been drilled into you in some college lecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I think she’s a 500 year old alien. I’ll stand by my theory.

How do you know who identifies as male? How very binary of you. I think it’s fair to say that all commentators on this thread are, relatively speaking, privileged, as is Greta.

I think she’s a 500 year old alien. I’ll stand by my theory.

Yes, she may have lived through the medieval warm period and suffered sunburn. Hence the outrage.

• Advertisement

but do you not understand that it is the believers of Greta and Climate Change that are the victims?

you have been victimised. you have fallen for it.
    walked straight into the trap.
    the more that believe it's a "crisis" the more likely we will be paying a tax to nothing.

and she hasnt "annoyed" us. if anything, people are upset to see others falling for this nonsense and becoming victims of brainwashing.

a lot of CBT therapies needed for the masses in a couple of years i think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement