Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dominance of Dublin GAA *Mod warning post#1*

Options
1311312313314315317»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

I think Leinster counties have been hit by the popularity of rugby over the last 10/15 years. A lot of excellent talent is been hovered up by Rugby. Obviously this has a great impact on Meath and Kildare than Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeah Right

That's not what you said originally.

You're changing the goalposts because your argument has been shown to be nonsense, much like a certain poster who's banned for the month.

This is what you said:

In that time that Dublin won their 14 Leinster titles - 3 teams have won Connaught, 4 or 5 Ulster and 3 Munster.

But yea Dublin aren't the problem. Keep your head in the sand.

You claimed that Dublin winning all those Leinster titles is why the rest of the province is doing so poorly. You also implied heavily that Munster is more competitive. When it was pointed out to you that Kerry have had similar success during the same time frame, never mind for the past century+, all of a sudden, it's not about one team winning all those titles any more, it's something else.

You people can't even be consistent with your bullshit, this is why others are calling it bullshit.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭largepants

And it doesnt matter to you that the Gaa have destroyed football in Leinster because Dublin are winning.

F### you Jack, I'm ok attitude.

I haven't changed any goalposts so stop making stuff up.

I've been consistent in saying that Leinster football has been destroyed. All coincided with the funding Dublin received. If you can't see that then I can't provide any more help for you.

Kerry have always been the most successfil football team in a hurling province. Funnily enough you don't mention the other provinces. Is that because it doesn't suit your 'argument'.

I've implied nothing. I've given facts to back up my argument with the three other provinces. You've focussed on one.

So perhaps you might look in the mirror and you might smell the bullshit closer to home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

football in Leinster was dead long before the Dublin funding, just that too many in the province didn’t worry about getting a hiding at a national level once they had the parish bragging rights

a pathetic, unambitious, beggar thy neighbour view of the world

• Advertisement

And yet 5 or 6 different teams won Leinster in the 14 year prior to 2011.

Go figure. There are none as blind as those that cannot see.

Enjoy those 20+ Leinsters in a row.

and yet Leinster had one paltry all Ireland to show for their efforts in that time window

yeah football in Leinster was really flying the flag back then

hope the parish bragging rights made up for it

I’d be more than happy if the rest of Leinster upped their game to deny Dublin the provincial title. If they managed that they’d be able to hold their own with the bigger teams at the business end of the AI and have a shot at winning the damn thing. Not a chance in hell I’ll ever support hobbling a team to give them a pity win though.

Post edited by tritium on

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭jack67

And it doesn't matter to you that the GAA have destroyed football in Munster , because Kerry have dominated for over a century .F—k you Dubs , the Kingdom should dominate all .

Oh look another Dub who focuses on Munster. Lets ignore Connaught and Ulster.

Look over there everyone.

Yea of course you'd be happy if the rest of Leinster to deny Dublin. 🤣🤣

You would in your backside. Stop lying

• Advertisement

I’ve made no bones about wanting to develop Leinster to a level where they can compete effectively in the AI. I’ve even made a host of suggestions to achieve this. Generally these have been dismissed without any exploration by the other side because it doesn’t suit their agenda to hobble Dublin only for the benefit of their own county. You’re welcome to read back through the thread to see for yourself.

a shame that once your argument is demolished all you can do is resort to accusing posters of lying. Dodging the debate and trying to circle back to the same failed arguments seems to be feature of many of the anti-Dublin side in this thread. I can see why there are calls to close the thread when this is the sort of nonsense cycled through. Maybe you’d like to actually address the points made?

And look again another "CULCHIE" who wants Dublin hobbled , so Kerry can continue to dominate for another 100 years

This nonsense of a thread should be shut down .

You initially said you had a problem with Dublin winning 14 Leinster titles out of 14.

And that this was a symptom showing the Leinster Championship was fcuked.

It was then pointed out that Kerry had won 12 out of 14 in that same timeframe.

You were asked if you had the same problem with Munster, and you said no.

You then pivoted to "I have a problem with Dublin GAA receiving millions more per registered player than any other county from the GAA and Government.".

This is different to your initial problem, that one team was so dominant in the province.

You shifted your stance from one position to another. This is the dictionary definition of changing the goalposts.

Everyone can see that with their own two eyes.

If Dublin winning everything in Leinster means the province is dead, then Kerry winning everything in another province also means Munster is dead, using your logic. But no, let's change that logic when someone points out the flaws in your entire premise and alter the parameters of the argument to avoid looking like a dope.

You do realise that one is a consequence of the other yea?

Or maybe you refuse to accept that? Nothing I can do to help you there.

🤣🤣 I couldn't give two hoots about Kerry. If they never won again I wouldn't lose any sleep.

Your paranoia is playing tricks with you.

WTF are you on about?

What is a consequence of what?

How can I refuse to accept it when I haven't a bleedin' notion what you're going on about?

But you certainly give two hoots about Dublin , your anti Dublin poison is seeping out of your pores 😂🤣

Are you on drugs?

I never said you cared about Kerry. I never made any claims with regards to you having sleepless nights over them winning. What was that about being paranoid, again?

I'm pointing out your blatant hypocrisy, bad-faith arguing and moving of the goalposts to try to paper over the fact that your entire argument has been shown to be worthless.

You said Leinster is dead because the Dubs won 14 in a row.

You don't think Munster is dead, even though Kerry won 12 out of 14 in the same timeframe.

That means either 13 out of 14 is the magical number for deciding that a province is dead, or you're just bitter about the Dubs. If it were the former, we'd have heard about it for now. So it must be the latter.

When this was pointed out to you, you changed your argument to one about funding, not about one team dominating a province as you originally claimed, but which you abandoned when you realised Kerry were dominating their province almost as much of the Dubs. GTFO of here with that nonsense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,549 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Mod Note

And so it has come to pass. The thread had gone fairly quiet but I do believe we are going around in the Very Same Circles that others have gone round in before. Literally the same arguement and counter arguement.

With that in mind I am now closing this thread and any such conversation/arguement Should Not Be Brought into another thread.

The topic is only for this thread !!!

I will open it again following the final for a week or two to see if there's anything new to add.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement