Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What boardsies would you bring back?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Plopsu

Whatever happened to Rural?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I haven't heard of any of these!

They prob all here under diff names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

FFred wrote: »
    Whoopsadaisydoodles

Yes. Great mod too.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,149 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Duggy747 - lovely guy, great craic. No activity by him since May 2017 but account still open. That's a bit ominous.

And krudler.

I'm almost 90% certain Duggy and myself were great buddies in college years ago. Genuinely nice guy in RL too if it's the same guy:D

Never spoke about boards really so can't confirm it completely.

People I miss that haven't been mentioned...

Jayop - the daddy of Werewolf here on Boards. Twas a sad day when he left us.

mahamageehad - another of the original crew, played my first game with her on my team and was so much fun. Her account ain't closed but she hasn't been on recently :(

More recently...

Virtanen - enjoyed playing with him and chatting on the PW Forum. Account just suddenly closed.

Couple of others as well that aren't as active anymore unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Galadriel wrote: »
    Aonghus is still around.

It's like a different Aongus though. His posts aren't funny like they used to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭anewme

x4zUPJg.gif
    I can't do maths ....

pray because later this week i am bleaching my own hair and i have to correctly remember how to dilute developer from 40% down to FIVE percent with conditioner to tone it.

:D

Arghus wrote: »
    Permabear - With his absolutely 100% totally real life.

That the lad who hooked up with the young single mum and they were on gillions of dollars/annum and he was like 70 and she was 16 and it was all so fab fab fab fab.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,934 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Augeo wrote: »
    Permabear - With his absolutely 100% totally real life.

That the lad who hooked up with the young single mum and they were on gillions of dollars/annum and he was like 70 and she was 16 and it was all so fab fab fab fab.

To be fair, he's probably up to his eyeballs with work and kids

• Registered Users Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭anewme

There is one poster I would like to see back and hope she is doing well, Penny Tration :)

Lovely poster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Voodoo Child, over on the music forums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Not as if we have a choice in the matter though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hugo Stiglitz

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Smash, fat Christy, Micky dolenz, whoopsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

LizT wrote: »
    Smash, fat Christy, Micky dolenz, whoopsie.

Never mind them, you're a blast from the past! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Sharpshooter, ToniTuddle, Larianne and That_Guy

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

jishouse ... who definitely wasn't the guy from Fair city but was just a REALLY BIG FAN of the guy from Fair City

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I liked Ginandtonicsky, she always gave brilliant advice in personal and relationship issues. She was usually on the money with her posts

Is she gone already? It's rather obvious who she is once she starts posting under various names over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Permabear had me fooled for quite a while - I did find his marital and family situation very far-fetched but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt - but then I noticed how many of his posts seemed to contradict others of his in other threads and smelled a rat.

Why he felt the need to create a fantasy life online would have the psychologists busy for months.
    I just always assumed he was legit.
    Liked to brag about his sex life though.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 33,328 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Micky Dolenz
    whoopsadaisydoodles
    LizT (though I see she posted above. Hi Liz!)

Had the pleasure of meeting the three of them at a beers and as sound in real life as they were on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

I'm not someone who immediately concludes "Walter Mitty" when someone posts about having a life that's way more exciting than mine. Whether we like it or not, they do exist.

But it was the having an investment banking job and four children, yet time to post in depth on Boards that made me doubt things eventually. Even when that busy you could still post here regularly, but only short posts here and there, not long missives with hyperlinks and citations.

I've never been as busy as that yet I've gone months at a time without posting here due to being too busy (hence a number of accounts).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

As has been mentioned in several posts, Dudess. Also I always enjoyed reading Mike65.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Hugo Stiglitz

Just coming on to post this, an absolute gentleman!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

The nostalgia in this thread. :)
    Starbelgrade and mikom were 2 of the funniest posters on this site.
    I don't think anybody has mentioned bubbles have they? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Fat Christie was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

January was another great poster. Really informative around the time of the abortion ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Raconteuse wrote: »
    I'm not someone who immediately concludes "Walter Mitty" when someone posts about having a life that's way more exciting than mine. Whether we like it or not, they do exist.

But it was the having an investment banking job and four children, yet time to post in depth on Boards that made me doubt things eventually. Even when that busy you could still post here regularly, but only short posts here and there, not long missives with hyperlinks and citations.

I've never been as busy as that yet I've gone months at a time without posting here due to being too busy (hence a number of accounts).

Nevermind all that. People with ivy league backgrounds don't tend to spend their days in circular arguments about the same old issues on boards.

I know it's not impossible but it's just so unlikely to be. Hard to get people to listen though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That wan anna080

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That wan anna080

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a43ee3bb829152c42155ab1e874f7531d774043e1&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I will break my self-enforced Don't Speak Ill of The Closed Accounts Rule this one time. And I didn't even break that for Permabear.

His username preceded him.

haha I loved Dr.Bollocko, so unhinged and his mod warnings always gave me a laugh
    I think the only time my spidey sense would start tingling was if someone started going on about their nubile young early twenties wife and their idyllic life of raising half a dozen young children together, while earning big bucks being a shithot financial genius down in a version of The American Deep South that'd be too corny for even the Grand Ole Oprey.

Funny thing about Permabear was how so many people got sucked in by his fantasies, he had a cult following there towards the end. I just couldnt square a wealthy hedge fund owner spending most of his days posting on boards, it didnt add up.

Still miss Gran Hermano (RIP), Runtothehills was gas for the mad conspiracy posts. Miss Whoopsie and Gordon too.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

It's really nice reading this thread and remembering the usernames that were around back when I first discovered boards.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement