Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What boardsies would you bring back?

Options
1525354555658»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,357 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Mod

Below standard relates to deleted posts.

It is not fair to be knocking Srameen or anyone else who is unable to defend themselves.

Posts here may have contributed to him closing his account, we don't know for certain.

It is not on to character assassinate anyone either.

Can we draw a line under this whole debacle & move on.

Ted, I'd just like to point out that Srameen closed his account before he was mentioned here. It was after the deleted post in the retirement thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Anyway, anyone have any other news? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Ted, I'd just like to point out that Srameen closed his account before he was mentioned here. It was after the deleted post in the retirement thread.

Just had my own post deleted there literally two or three minutes ago and no reason why or anything. So maybe it just happens willy nilly nowadays and that's how it is.

Can I just say my pm box is open for any juicy re-reg gossips and "such a one is actually that one"

:D

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just had my own post deleted there literally two or three minutes ago and no reason why or anything. So maybe it just happens willy nilly nowadays and that's how it is.

I saw that, but was "afraid" to ask. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

We’re still no clearer on whether we can “link” to old posts. If it is the case I’d like know just how far back is “fair game”?

If it’s not the case, I guess, a lot of us would like to know why the post that seems to have started all of “this” was removed.

And so quickly. Really is very strange.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

You were probably longer finding those gifs than the fecking thing was up, sickened!

I saw that, but was "afraid" to ask. :D

Was probably ''below'' the ''standard'' of After Hours, whatever that ''means''.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

What ever happend to the poster with like 60 or 70K posts? Mike? I think his name was.

May have got banned? Or shut his account down. Vaguely remember it years ago.

I used to marvel how you would never see him getting tied up in controversial posts. Just a small few polite posts and off he went. Found out later he was doing his fighting on the football page. And lots of it.

We’re still no clearer on whether we can “link” to old posts. If it is the case I’d like know just how far back is “fair game”?

If it’s not the case, I guess, a lot of us would like to know why the post that seems to have started all of “this” was removed.

Just ''happens''.

• Advertisement

I don't think I can carry on with my boring, mundane life until I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I’m gonna close my account, rereg and come back as Malter Witty. Now there’s a good username

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I don't think I can carry on with my boring, mundane life until I know.

Can I hang onto your apron strings until we know?

You'd have to laugh, standard of posts on AH being the deciding factor on whether a post is left up or not.... Meanwhile, a thread literally dedicated to having a sh*t is running for nearly a year!

I’m gonna close my account, rereg and come back as Malter Witty. Now there’s a good username

It's quite retro.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Mod

It is not fair to be knocking Srameen or anyone else who is unable to defend themselves.

Posts here may have contributed to him closing his account, we don't know for certain.

What? Below what standard? I've had a post deleted that broke no rules and didn't "knock" anyone.

He closed his account, we discussed, then posts start disappearing like the man himself.

Hope hes getting a good laugh out of this at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Mod

See would you get him back as srameen 2 ted and get back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,528 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You'd have to laugh, standard of posts on AH being the deciding factor on whether a post is left up or not.... Meanwhile, a thread literally dedicated to having a sh*t is running for nearly a year!

Some people really have a “problem” with that thread. Seems to be the incredibly “bound up” individuals that have the issue, which would explain a lot.

To have it condensed down to “dedicated to having a sh*t” is a gross injustice, it’s so much more than that.

So much more.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Some people really have a “problem” with that thread. Seems to be the incredibly “bound up” individuals that have the issue, which would explain a lot.

To have it condensed down to “dedicated to having a sh*t” is a gross injustice, it’s so much more than that.

So much more.

You're right Emmet. Some people just don't "get" it. Real high level stuff goes on in that thread.

Possibly too high brow for those who are feeble of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

from what i can gather, posts from another forum can't be dragged into a topic on a different forum, whereas historical posts on the same forum can be brought up if relevant as long as it is not to attack or abuse a poster.
    but i don't know, answers seem to differ from memory other times the topic was brought up in the past.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-We have been reminded by the office people that discussing people who have closed their accounts is not allowed.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement