Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What boardsies would you bring back?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I am half convinced that Permabear and Peter Casey the former presidential candidate were the same people that or he was Declan Ganley brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭anewme

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Do tell us !

He said I talked about having cancer too much. Well, I do, it’s true. So I was really embarrassed. I had got pretty personal too on the thread towards him too but I was just fed up hearing about his supposed wife and general self-praising drivel. It was a clusterfuck.

I did not cop that poster was a spoofer, I jusy he was just an insufferable sexist arsehole. I remember he rescued his wife from a gang or something.

I was going to post here yesterday to ask did anyone remember the lovely poster who was very honest about cancer said to myself it might not be apropriate. So posting style makes perfect sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

fullstop wrote: »
    Julep.

:P
    Complete and utter wanker. Glad to see him gone, P.
    On a similar topic, pretty sure I saw Bronte swigging from a bottle of 2019 Merlot on a park bench in Camden recently. The Theatre is a cruel industry, and I expect that "Italian" of hers has his residence visa by now.

She was so nice it'd make you feel bad for acting the cnut.
    A genuinely nice person, and the next time you see her, please tell her that I owe her a few bottles of Merlot.
    Terry you were the very best..
    I don't like compliments, but I really was.
    Stoner wrote: »
    Vexorg.

A machine on the reported posts.
    A great example of a fair admin.
    Pushed the ethos of boards as well as any.
    I think he was the one who changed my name from the stupid one I signed up with.
    Is WhiteWashMan still around?
    No idea, but if you want to blame anyone for me being a mod, then he's the one.
    Also, his girlfriend (or wife. I can't remember) was ****ing sound. I can't remember her username, but she was funny as **** too.
    On a more positive note, WhiteWashMan has been mentioned already, and he banned me within a couple of days of my joining this site. He didn't suffer fools gladly and took no shït, and we could do with a few more of his kind around here.
    Banned me early on too. It was fair. I was being a dick.
    Earthhorse wrote: »
    Karoma was a great mod of AH back in the day. Had a lot of time for him.
    He was the yin to my yang. Or the opposite or something. He kept me grounded as much as he could possibly manage.
    faceman wrote: »
    I’m going to give a shout out to Karl Hungus, one of the original mods of the Film and set out a positive culture in the place.

Not arsed looking it up, but some eejit from stormfront used to make derogatory cartoons about him. He included me in one of them, and we had a good laugh at it.

Anyway, Windsock was the greatest AH regular ever. Very nice person in real life too.

As for the mods who are looking to see if I have an alt account, don't bother. I don't have one. I stand by my posts.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=92815597&postcount=1

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was just about to say there was a poster called Merkin whose posts I enjoyed in PI back in the day, and when I logged on just now I see she has posted in the last few minutes in another thread for what looks like the first time in a few years :eek:

Sorcery

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Didn't Windsock just change her name to something a little more offensive? Thought she was still around anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I was sad to see Dots recently closed her account, her username was ‘.......’.

She always came across as very intelligent and knowledgeable and made excellent contributions in the fitness forum. I have no idea why she even left but I hope she comes back, I miss seeing her posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Others I've forgotten

My_name_is_url
    Penn
    Tbh
    Gem
    Monkeyfudge
    Ruu
    Phasers
    Alwaysadub :pac:
    Damo el diablo
    Snow monkey/snowie
    Wellallhavetea
    El weirdo
    Lizt
    Mickey dolenz
    Sergeant
    Walrus
    Spirit of shankly :D
    OPR
    Smashey
    Berutiel

bluewolf wrote: »
    is everyone a re reg around here

Yep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Terry wrote: »
    No idea, but if you want to blame anyone for me being a mod, then he's the one.
    Also, his girlfriend (or wife. I can't remember) was ****ing sound. I can't remember her username, but she was funny as **** too.

Majds (Mines a jack daniels).

I mentioned her earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Eden Hazard was hilarious to read. The time he got slayed beyond belief in the lookalike thread was a joy to behold. I'd love to link it but it's probably in bad taste. He was fully convinced he looked like Zac Efron and when he submitted his picture everyone decided he looked like Naboo from the Mighty Boosh. It killed him.

He came back under a few different monikers but always gave himself away with words such as ''legit'', ''looksmax'' and his jealousy of Rugby players in south Dublin and their perceived status with the girls. Ah Eden, you beautiful man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Im here since 2007.

So many mad fcukers came and went and came again, the place was great craic. Only for I remember what it once was (due to the quality of the posters), id be proper gone by now.

If I only found this site today and joined...Id be gone, its a fcuking toilet.

Danny Mc (cant remember his name) was a sound lad....I remember waxing his ballbag at an AH charity piss up.

Another mention of tomwaterford, sound guy.

Does anyone remember that Canadian girl that went bananas and quit. Looking back...maybe she wasnt a girl and maybe she wasnt Canadian but thats what she was/saying she was anyway...either way, I liked the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I think he was fed up of being wound up by a few opposing fans.

Mike65s closing post is a thing of beauty, though, a joy forever. Well worth looking up:pac:

This post reminded me of the final post and rage quit by Pilsbury Doughboy over on the Liverpool forum on New Years Day, that was truly a thing of beauty. I looked it up earlier but the username is blanked so think it has been lost to GDPR. Its a shame really, it was without doubt the best Fcuk yis all post Ive ever seen on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Doea anyone remeber that Canadian girl that went bananas and quit. Looking back...maybe she wasnt a girl and maybe she wasnt Canadian but thats what she was/sayimg she was anyway...either way, I liked the account.

Liah

Yeah, I thought she might be fake at the time too but I don’t actually think she was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Omackeral wrote: »
    Eden Hazard was hilarious to read. The time he got slayed beyond belief in the lookalike thread was a joy to behold. I'd love to link it but it's probably in bad taste. He was fully convinced he looked like Zac Efron and when he submitted his picture everyone decided he looked like Naboo from the Mighty Boosh. It killed him.

He came back under a few different monikers but always gave himself away with words such as ''legit'', ''looksmax'' and his jealousy of Rugby players in south Dublin and their perceived status with the girls. Ah Eden, you beautiful man.

The know your lookalikes was an outstanding thread. When the poster eternal posted thinking it was a thread to get compliments, her subsequent hissy fit was wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Doea anyone remeber that Canadian girl that went bananas and quit. Looking back...maybe she wasnt a girl and maybe she wasnt Canadian but thats what she was/sayimg she was anyway...either way, I liked the account.

Her name was Leah

• Registered Users Posts: 16,595 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Her name was Leah

Was she an optician by any chance?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Liah

Yeah, I thought she might be fake at the time too but I don’t actually think she was.

oh man i had completely forgotten about her

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

The know your lookalikes was an outstanding thread. When the poster eternal posted thinking it was a thread to get compliments, her subsequent hissy fit was wonderful.

That was magnificent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Yeah, that Frada guy was a real jerk alright. Think he and javaboy were the same guy actually. Sad.

Dudess was a dude (of course).

And the Thunderdome crew were basically a bunch o' lads who were in their thirties in their twenties.

Still, at least you knew where you stood with that lot unlike the modern day snowflakes who close and reopen accounts more often than a Fianna Fáil finance minister.

Aaah, Dudess is still among us. I’m surprised how many times she’s been mentioned as a boardsie of the past! :eek: Very distinctive posting style that I recognise on each new account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Muahahaha wrote: »
    This post reminded me of the final post and rage quit by Pilsbury Doughboy over on the Liverpool forum on New Years Day, that was truly a thing of beauty. I looked it up earlier but the username is blanked so think it has been lost to GDPR. Its a shame really, it was without doubt the best Fcuk yis all post Ive ever seen on here.

OMG I'd forgotten that:D

I'm sure there's a few lurking that would be able to supply you with a link to that post, it was a cracker:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭This is it

Im here since 2007.

So many mad fcukers came and went and came again, the place was great craic. Only for I remember what it once was (due to the quality of the posters), id be proper gone by now.

If I only found this site today and joined...Id be gone, its a fcuking toilet.

Danny Mc (cant remember his name) was a sound lad....I remember waxing his ballbag at an AH charity piss up.

Another mention of tomwaterford, sound guy.

Does anyone remeber that Canadian girl that went bananas and quit. Looking back...maybe she wasnt a girl and maybe she wasnt Canadian but thats what she was/saying she was anyway...either way, I liked the account.

Danniemcq, sound lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

God that was a great beers. Danny was sound, apart from the time we were at a mod beers and he infracted me because I told him I’d never gotten a card before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Quick reminder, folks, no naming the current new reg of old posters unless they choose to do it themselves.

Buford T. Justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

josip wrote: »
    Paddy147 for the DIY advice
    FredSwanson for the pics
    AndersonIsGod for the chaos

AIG for the endless pro-Barcelona talk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

VeryOwl wrote: »
    Was it ever proven he was making it all up? I mostly lurked in politics in my previous guise, and I didn't really agree with him but I took his "life" at face value. Maybe I'm not cynical enough!

Scofflaw was a fantastic poster.

I totally believed in PB and his life. His libertarian philosophy sucked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,451 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mike65 just to see him breaking the 100k posts he would have deserved all his stars highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Arghus wrote: »
    Another sad BS artist. Some of what he had to say was occasionally amusing, but it was such a pity that a lad who obviously knew a lot about football was more happy putting that knowledge to use winding people up than actually talking properly about the game.

I was wondering if anyone would mention AndersonIsGod. Whilst the La Liga thread is unfortunately very quiet since he departed some of the shïte he came out with was unreal.

Sad thing was he could be a great contributer as he knew a huge amount about soccer if he wasn't a WUM 99% of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Mike65 just to see him breaking the 100k posts he would have deserved all his stars highlighted.

Who has the most posts on Boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Who has the most posts on Boards?

ILoveYourVibes will have if they keep it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,451 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Muahahaha wrote: »

That post was deleted by the soccer mods as they felt it was being brought up to often.

It was a thing of beauty and deserved to be brought up often.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement