Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What boardsies would you bring back?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Have had a few accounts. It looks flaky for sure but some people read waaaay too much into it - coming to all sorts of conclusions about mental health and so on. It can really be just as simple as wanting to stay off Boards for a while or just feeling like a new account. Boring reasons.

People are getting more wary about what they put up online these days.

Closing an account can erase a lot of embarrassment for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I swear to God lads since they moved a lot of the crazy stuff into that new forum there's a lot more warmth around AH, now that you don't have to look at endless threads bashing whole sectors of society. People going for beers, getting misty eyed about the past 'n all

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I can't really remember posters. Its all like one big poster. I get them mixed up.

I really can't keep track of people. Even people who post more than I do.

I am baffled by people who can remember what a certain poster posted two days back or two years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

I can't really remember posters. Its all like one big poster. I get them mixed up.

I really can't keep track of people. Even people who post more than I do.

I am baffled by people who can remember what a certain poster posted two days back or two years back.

More than you? As Victor would say, I don't believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Fantasists are often easy to spot early on in their postings but it’s difficult to prove anything and people get sucked in by their personas pretty easily. Amazes me how long some of them lasted though.

Karoma was a great mod of AH back in the day. Had a lot of time for him.

• Advertisement

Arghus wrote: »
    I swear to God lads since they moved a lot of the crazy stuff into that new forum there's a lot more warmth around AH, now that you don't have to look at endless threads bashing whole sectors of society. People going for beers, getting misty eyed about the past 'n all

I wouldn't mind going to one. I'd love to put some faces to names.

If I lived in Dublin, I'd be to the next one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

ArtSmart seed pretty cool. Opinion Guy was sound. Very sincere and funny. WhoopsIe was just lovely and We'llAllHaveTea was great too

I’ve probably posted more here in the past two weeks than in the past two years. It’s great to have all the hate cornered in one place.

Yeah that's made a great difference. The Forum is probably better now than it has been since maybe 2013?

Great gas trying to remember all the old names. Even better with a few glasses of Lidl's finest Pinot circulating my corrupted liver. Goodnight a bhuachaillí. Hic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Earthhorse wrote: »
    I’ve probably posted more here in the past two weeks than in the past two years. It’s great to have all the hate cornered in one place.

Yeah, it's great to have all the eye cancer - well most of it - cordoned off. I think it's improved the place again, for a while there AH was very grim and angry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

This is it wrote: »
    More than you? As Victor would say, I don't believe it!

I don't get why people remember me??? Or notice me at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I didnt find the facekicker thing very funny either

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Other posters I actually miss.
    Gran Hermano! (R.I.P)
    Corinthian
    Axel rose
    Biggins
    Ruu
    Sasha fierce
    Sam34
    Muise
    CaraMay
    Lorreli
    Irish Chris.
    Greenman and RimaNTSS

TBH there are so many poster's you build a rapport with that naming any really feels like you are leaving people out :eek:

Then there are the weird stalker re-regs that change their account every few months, and then hit you with PMs from the new alt.
    Just was a weird experience that went on for far too long ;)

I've only had the one account in all my time here.
    Boards and a few very good posters carried me through some tough ****, was and is a sounding board for a lot of stuff for me, that I'll always appreciate.

Have come close a few times over the last few months to closing my account but I'd rather brazen it out ;)

You have nearly 5000 posts since May. Though personally I have no idea who you are.

Agreed!
    The new forum really is descending into a cess pit IMO, very polarised in there.

But, it has had the lovely effect of returning AH to the laid back vibe it had when I 1st found boards :D

Much nicer place in here for the last little while ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

banie01 wrote: »

Have come close a few times over the last few months to closing my account but I'd rather brazen it out ;)
    Glad you decided to stick around!

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Glad you decided to stick around!

Awww thanks, I'd miss it too much of I flounced out and sure what's to be gained by it anyway?
    I'd only creep back anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

G'em, I wish she'd come back

Honey, it's because you post a lot. I post a lot too, but not in that random trigger-happy way.

Sometimes you have to stand back and pick your battles babes xx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Sarky was good banter...
    Is he gone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

JupiterKid wrote: »
    And then there are those boardsies who are sadly no more, either online or in real life, including

Pygmalion
    Rosabeez

Just popped in to make sure these two are still remembered. <3
    nthclare wrote: »
    Sarky was good banter...
    Is he gone?

He's been gone for years!

This is a thread about posters who are gone or who don't post anymore.

You are very much here. I don't see the issue really.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

banie01 wrote: »
    Corinthian
    Axel rose
    Biggins
    Ruu
    Sasha fierce
    Sam34
    Muise
    CaraMay
    Lorreli
    Irish Chris.
    Greenman and RimaNTSS
    One of those has pretty much stated on this thread that they're still here. ;)

Raconteuse wrote: »
    One of those has pretty much stated on this thread that they're still here. ;)

Ahhh yeah but I don't know the new "them" :P
    Yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Because you post in every thread.

Every.

Single.

Thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Duggy747 - lovely guy, great craic. No activity by him since May 2017 but account still open. That's a bit ominous.

And krudler.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,470 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Pigface. Those longs posts in the third person were great.

Pighead still posts in soccer iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Faugheen wrote: »
    I miss Gordon and his trolling of the trolls in prison.

I thought Gordon was the overlord of Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

When I joined boards my favourite posters were eyepatch and nagdefy. Their posts were always brilliant and it's a terrible shame they have both left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭mazwell

Genuinely miss backwards man. I'm from donegal as well but it's a big county and I think hes from inishowen direction and I'm from the gaeltacht area. But I always thought if I wasn't married me and him could be cus he was brilliant craic. I hope he doesn't post anymore because hes found himself true love and a life outside of the bog

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement