Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Could be the bull or luck
    I’ve 2 grey CH calves while last years were yellow

Luck. Same bull with a few years and two of the black cows only ever had black calves

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Any here watch the online mart today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Any here watch the online mart today?
    What one was that.
    I watched some of the online sale from Carnaross yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Might have been that one. Is that in meath?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

_Brian wrote: »
    Maybe tell the guards that when stock are on the road and cause an accident??

Walked fences and just bought what was needed to replace old broken posts.

What, are people out fencing as a leisure activity, Feckin sad life if they are 🙄

Back in the kildalton days we were doing a time management module and we were told "lads if its a case yere out in a field pulling youre wire at 11 o clock on a Saturday night ye really need to re-evaluate youre life choices"

Better living everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Covid Easter Travel restrictions: Radio 1 "Morning Ireland" "What it says in the papers"

"Go out your back and tan".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Got fertiliser and fence posts delivered today. Guy was saying they are out the door busy, loads of people calling in for rubbish non farming related stuff, he was off to drop bark mulch after our drop.
    Says they thinking of closing the store and taking phone orders only.

Some agri stores are only selling feed and meds only, neighbour went to one locally, to get a gallon of hydraulic oil as the loader on the tractor was stalling, and was refused, even though the tractor is used daily to feed cattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,539 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Some agri stores are only selling feed and meds only, neighbour went to one locally, to get a gallon of hydraulic oil as the loader on the tractor was stalling, and was refused, even though the tractor is used daily to feed cattle.

Anything that’s required for farming is essential if you need it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

I was saddened to read this morning of the death of John Prine from complications arising from Covid 19. Prine wrote a lot about the darker side of daily life but always managed to do it in a way that was relatable and non judgemental. I'd intended on booking tickets to a gig of his in Glasgow later this year but of course never got around to it. His initial hit with "Sam Stone" way back in the 70's is still one of the most compelling anti war songs I've heard. RIP John.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Water John wrote: »
    Back to the 1960s. Let the cows ramble up the road, in their own time. They'll turn into the correct field too, themselves. Stroll up later and close the gap.

This reminded me
    Back in the 60s Harrington's ass often slept in the middle of the road, many a lad going home late on his bicycle took a tumble over the handlebars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,204 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I was saddened to read this morning of the death of John Prine from complications arising from Covid 19. Prine wrote a lot about the darker side of daily life but always managed to do it in a way that was relatable and non judgemental. I'd intended on booking tickets to a gig of his in Glasgow later this year but of course never got around to it. His initial hit with "Sam Stone" way back in the 70's is still one of the most compelling anti war songs I've heard. RIP John.

I agree wholeheartedly.
    Superb singer-songwriter, humble, funny and warm.
    As far as anti-war songs go, Mary Gautier is well worth searching out on YouTube.

A stupid policy. Many businesses have systems in place to get goods to customers. Call ahead and collect an order at a designated time in the yard or out on the road, or delivery. Both can be paid for by card. Local business here is being quite accomodating to customers while also being safe. Essential works need to continue as one relatively small problem can bring a few others with it. Short thinking leads to short results.

Did grocery shopping earlier.

Started to wipe down groceries when I came home but quickly lost the will to live and just stuffed them in presses.

Town was quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

The auld fella got tired of the isolation this morning and took off into the meadow pulling stones with the digger while I was gone herding (which he has never driven before) looks like a nuclear bomb went off there now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Started to wipe down groceries when I came home but quickly lost the will to live and just stuffed them in presses.

Town was quiet.

You’re right they’d drive ya mad with all this cleanliness all we'll do is destroy youngsters immune systems with all the hand washing and bleaching.
    Still it’s the only real way to stop the spread of covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Heard sirens last evening when I was letting out the cows. Heard this morning a 7 year old had an accident in a neighbouring farm yard.

Apparently it wasn't looking good but now I believe the child will make a full recovery (in time),
    thanks mainly to the expertise of the paramedics that arrived swiftly.

Some morning- got stuck last night with the 4WD, tried with the 135 this morning, a neighbour over 70 was passing and pulled me out- we did the social distancing but great to have neighbours.

My brothers little baby died last week and I was giving him a hand to Build a dog run so he can take his dog back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭carrollsno1

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    Superb singer-songwriter, humble, funny and warm.
    As far as anti-war songs go, Mary Gautier is well worth searching out on YouTube.

I was only 19 is another good aussie one.

Better living everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I took the liscop to OH's hair this afternoon as he was complaining about the heat. I only had horse blades so its short back and sides. I scissored the rest and it turned out ok.

Some morning- got stuck last night with the 4WD, tried with the 135 this morning, a neighbour over 70 was passing and pulled me out- we did the social distancing but great to have neighbours.

My brothers little baby died last week and I was giving him a hand to Build a dog run so he can take his dog back.

That’s tough going.

• Advertisement

Town was quiet.

Wash everything in soapy water here. It's some amount of work when you've got 5 or 6 bags of groceries.

Wash everything in soapy water here. It's some amount of work when you've got 5 or 6 bags of groceries.

And your right. My god it must take forever, we do a big shop and my willpower just isn’t that strong 😒

And your right. My god it must take forever, we do a big shop and my willpower just isn’t that strong 😒

Big job alright- but simple things like having a designated clean area and a way opening multipack items saves plenty of time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Tileman

Anybody know where I’d get a pair of depth wheels for a Tripple k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Big job alright- but simple things like having a designated clean area and a way opening multipack items saves plenty of time

I’m with you Brian - far too much work in washing all shopping...
    We put all the non fridge/freezer items into big plastic boxes in the garage for a few days, hopefully that’ll be enough time to kill whatever is on them...

The fridge items do get a wipe down all right... even that is work enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,358 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

I went to a super valu today. Had to queue to get in. Alot of the food with best before dates today and tomorrow. Waste of a trip. Lidl much better imo.

whelan2 wrote: »
    I went to a super valu today. Had to queue to get in. Alot of the food with best before dates today and tomorrow. Waste of a trip. Lidl much better imo.

Lidl & Aldi are much better here also. Supervalu was a disaster last time I was there, aisles are too narrow and unlike the other two the SV staff didn't care for any form of distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,262 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Know this is a, virus free thread, but as we're discussing shopping, one of the multiples, not mentioned above, was visited by a family member yesterday for some supplies. Was aghast at the lack of control and social distancing. Being a hospital front line worker, they ended up talking to the manager and telling him if he didn't get his act together, the guards would be called.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,308 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

For the person/vegan in your life who can't get enough humic acid in their lives.

Introducing... crude oil.

@jeunesse (@jeunesse101) Tweeted:
    Jeunesse MX20 Black Water
    Addresses lack of minerals/nutrients in food-W/organic fulvic acid/70 trace minerals/organic root powder/organic humic acid-4boosting nutrient absorption/digestion/energy/immune response/healthier skin/hair/nails-Contact cbrodkin@msn.com
    #MX20 #Jeunesse https://t.co/XYZzc6cSd1 https://twitter.com/jeunesse101/status/1246105587961626624?s=20

• Advertisement

Dunno is it happening nationally or what is going on but our postman just gave all the children (3 to my bros kids and 2 to mine) Easter eggs. I didn’t meet him myself to size up. But they are delighted. Shur I’m delighted with the thought.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement