Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options
1327328329330331333»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭straight

NcdJd wrote: »
    You'd think it would have a satellite tracker on it at this stage so they know where it is. Bad enough losing flipper..

I'd say he's just gone for a service, his batteries were running low. U couldn't be up to them kerry lads

• Registered Users Posts: 29,086 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

straight wrote: »
    I'd say he's just gone for a service, his batteries were running low. U couldn't be up to them kerry lads

He was probably afraid of another lockdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Used to work with a lad and part of his party piece was doing flipper impressions. Wonder is he down in Kerry now 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭Odelay

blue5000 wrote: »

Used to be a great smell off the old money. Don’t seem to be the same off the euros at all.

• Advertisement

Cheque in from lambs I sold last week, happy days! Insurance renewal in same post, living the dream hand to mouth!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Cheque in from lambs I sold last week, happy days! Insurance renewal in same post, living the dream hand to mouth!

We got €112 for lambs this week.
    This week last year we got €95..... some difference,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Grueller

Lads Gozunda is over in the vegan forum again. He is well able to defend us though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Grueller wrote: »
    Lads Gozunda is over in the vegan forum again. He is well able to defend us though.

Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I know it's a terrible predicament to be in and all.

But there's some seriously cheap weddings going on atm.
    Registry office and not even family there and no afters.

It might not be an ideal wedding for some but there's others could be thanking their lucky stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I know it's a terrible predicament to be in and all.

But there's some seriously cheap weddings going on atm.
    Registry office and not even family there and no afters.

It might not be an ideal wedding for some but there's others could be thanking their lucky stars.

Especially nowadays a lot of the weddings are lasting longer than the marriage, makes a big wedding look a right waste

Must be a serious amount of businesses out of pocket with the no wedding or smaller weddings. Bands, photographers, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,058 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

wrangler wrote: »
    Especially nowadays a lot of the weddings are lasting longer than the marriage, makes a big wedding look a right waste

I'd say a lot of people have re evaluated their priorities atm.

Second hand car sales seem to be up, going by a local car dealer. People seem to have more money with it not being spent on socializing.

River Cottage Australia came on today while I was minding the young fella. There was a shot with hens in it, so I say "What do we get from hens?" With huge enthusiasm and a big smile "Moneeyyyyy!" :pac: He's getting the idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

The lockdown is getting to him. May go reinforce the troops

• Registered Users Posts: 24,366 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

River Cottage Australia came on today while I was minding the young fella. There was a shot with hens in it, so I say "What do we get from hens?" With huge enthusiasm and a big smile "Moneeyyyyy!" :pac: He's getting the idea!

He could get a shock

Reggie. wrote: »
    He could get a shock

If he were foolish enough to listen to the likes of Teagasc or someone maybe, but at 2.5 he's smarter than that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,527 ✭✭✭straight

Reggie. wrote: »
    The lockdown is getting to him. May go reinforce the troops

My policy is not to engage with head cases like vegans. Will just drive yourself mad.

My policy is not to engage with head cases like vegans. Will just drive yourself mad.

Farmers have it arseways about vegans, they should be encouraged. There are way more ex-vegans in the world than vegans. Arguing with them is like pulling a plaster off slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

... and Lady Haywire is beside him with a slash hook. :D

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭148multi

Didn't she get a mulcher 🙄

Bad habit keeping stuff in pockets, new DOE disc very nearly went into the wash in a fleece.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,117 ✭✭✭✭Water John

MCDonnells Fermoy have value offers for the next two weeks. They normally do a month sale but I'd say most of these outlets have had a great year of sales.
    http://mcdbros.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/2020-oct.pdf

I think there is some good value there. The Jefferson Genny is listed at €1425.
    Probably get the Condon feed barriers. Just have a single bar over butt wall and they pull in a fair bit of silage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

;):D
    Clucking hen down here.

Did ye put the hen in the dresser drawer?

The bottom of the cooker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

What's this now with the clocking hen and horseshoe in thunder?
    I was always told thunder ruins the eggs.
    I've hatched enough now though to know that it makes not the slightest bit of difference.
    I have a dim memory of my granny doing something similar but it's dim an distant!

Something to do with the drop in air pressure? could make them membranes come off the shell wall?

I've not posted there in ages actually!! I got sense. These days I just bash my head off the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭mayota

Water John wrote: »
    MCDonnells Fermoy have value offers for the next two weeks. They normally do a month sale but I'd say most of these outlets have had a great year of sales.
    http://mcdbros.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/2020-oct.pdf

I think there is some good value there. The Jefferson Genny is listed at €1425.
    Probably get the Condon feed barriers. Just have a single bar over butt wall and they pull in a fair bit of silage.

Great price on the barriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

That’s a great show, I really enjoy it. I’d love to have time to try a few things- when the lads are out of nappies maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Thanks. Stayed out of there for a long while lol.. But enough is enough. That 'dziry = cruelty' thread has been bizarrely running there without interruption for some time now and still going. I asked if a "vegan diet = cruelty to children" thread would also be OK or in anyway representative. No reply to that suggestion funnily enough. Seems its OK for some there to spread hate and propaganda against farming and farmers. But anyone replying to that type of rubbish is 'anti-vegan'. :rolleyes:

One of our Angus bulls had a pig tail post wrapped in his ring this morning

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058123285

New chit chat started up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement